30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Restarting in a couple days when I get my weights!
  • Julia6633
    Julia6633 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! I did 30ds a couple months ago..only to day 14. Hope I can get enough modivation to finish this time!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone :)

xxxx
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Okay, just managed Day 1 level 1 - it wasn't horrendous! I did get sweaty and out of breath though, so it does something, due to back problem I couldnt do reverse crunch section but just did extra normal crunches, and I got a bit of a stitch with the first round of jumping jacks, but it soon went. Looking forward to getting better and having a bigger range of movement.
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    My first day was...easy! I might be doing something wrong of maybe because I have been doing Jillians BFBM and that dvd is killer and twice as long. I think I am going to switch between the two. Do I track the calories under circuit training?
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started a while back and got through day 6 but had to stop. Now im ready to get going. I may not be able to get started today...been pretty sick...but i will for sure be up and going tomorrow! Gonna take some before pics tonight
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    My first day was...easy! I might be doing something wrong of maybe because I have been doing Jillians BFBM and that dvd is killer and twice as long. I think I am going to switch between the two. Do I track the calories under circuit training?

I'm new to this, but I would track all exercise calories. Gotta keep eating to prevent "starvation mode". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
  • lannheue23
    lannheue23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started this morning! Had to stop a lot due to an unhappy baby wanting attention lol but I got it completed!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

So did my first day of 30 day shred today...man does that lady work you!!! lol i could definately feel it working me so hoping it will work in a good was the more i do it and doesn't kill me off! lol

come on ladies we can do it!

xxx
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I started 8/6/11, and today will be day 2 of level 2. Good Luck.
  • Popogoodwin
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30ds. Because I didn't buy it I wasn't exactly sure in what order to do things. (using exercise on demand) After reading some blogs and posts about it I've decided to do each of the programs like a ladder....day 1, day 2, day 3, day 2, day 1, day 2, day 3 and so on. Before beginning this I just finished Beachbody's Insanity program so going down to a half hour seemed like a little break and I truly enjoy each of Jillian's workouts. I tend to get bored doing the same thing each day so this method seems to work for my motivation as well. If anyone has any advice around the way I'm doing it, I'm open to hearing how you are completing the 30 days. I'm on day 8 and enjoying it so far. Good luck everyone!
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I plan to start a little later today. Going for a run first. Today will be Day 1 of Level 1 for me. Wish me luck!!
  • nikkid620
    Options
    I started today too!!! Feel free to add me. It was tough but I'm excited, I went down to the basement to switch laundry loads right after doing it and my legs were like jello.....that's a good feeling!
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    This was supposed to be my day 3 of level 1 but I'm so tired, hungry and weak :(
    It's midnight here where I'm at.. So I think I'm going to sleep.

If I do it twice tomorrow, can I count it as I did it today?
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Okay, just managed Day 1 level 1 - it wasn't horrendous! I did get sweaty and out of breath though, so it does something, due to back problem I couldnt do reverse crunch section but just did extra normal crunches, and I got a bit of a stitch with the first round of jumping jacks, but it soon went. Looking forward to getting better and having a bigger range of movement.
    I Hear alot of the back pain problems.
    My dance coach found a solution that worked for a couple girls on my team.
    When you lay down to do the reverse crunch, rest your lower back on your hands(or a pillow if you need more cushioning)
    Just a suggestions. It might not work for everyone.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I Hear alot of the back pain problems.
    My dance coach found a solution that worked for a couple girls on my team.
    When you lay down to do the reverse crunch, rest your lower back on your hands(or a pillow if you need more cushioning)
    Just a suggestions. It might not work for everyone.

I might try the cushion tomorrow, really I think its cos my cores not strong enough and thats affecting my back though. I just need to build my strength up I guess. Sometimes the slightest jerk in the wrong direction has me hobbling about for hours if not longer. Thanks for the suggestions, I shall see how tomorrow goes :)
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am going to start tomorrow, Feel free to add me.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Alright I just finished my day 1 workout - I look forward to this getting easier. I was fine with the cardio and abs, but the weights and push-ups almost killed me - I definitely have weak arms. How many lbs of weight is everyone using? I'm wondering if I should get lighter weights.
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am starting today too!!! I wok til 6 and just got done with dinner now I'm bout to do it!! I can't wait to see the results, I've heard and seen some amazing results!! :tongue: Good luck to everyone!!
  • mistiann75
    mistiann75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you have to switch up and do the 3workouts in 3 days? Today was my 3rd time trying level 1 (not consecutive days in a row) and it kicks my butt. I am really out of shape. I was thinking I would do one level for a week or so and then move to the next. I am going to Rome in 3 months and I want to lose 2 pants sizes by then. I think I can do it with 30ds and some extra cardio and tracking my calories.