30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Do you have to switch up and do the 3workouts in 3 days? Today was my 3rd time trying level 1 (not consecutive days in a row) and it kicks my butt. I am really out of shape. I was thinking I would do one level for a week or so and then move to the next. I am going to Rome in 3 months and I want to lose 2 pants sizes by then. I think I can do it with 30ds and some extra cardio and tracking my calories.

correct me if im wrong but i thought you do level 1 for 10 days,level 2 for 10 days then level 3 for 10days? and she suggest not skipping a day to get the max. results too unless you have an injury..im also doing extra cardio(walking 30mins/day)..
  • nikkid620
    Options
    Alright I just finished my day 1 workout - I look forward to this getting easier. I was fine with the cardio and abs, but the weights and push-ups almost killed me - I definitely have weak arms. How many lbs of weight is everyone using? I'm wondering if I should get lighter weights.

Im using 5 lbs in each hand
  • nikkid620
    Options
    PS how do you all log this exercise?
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Alright I just finished my day 1 workout - I look forward to this getting easier. I was fine with the cardio and abs, but the weights and push-ups almost killed me - I definitely have weak arms. How many lbs of weight is everyone using? I'm wondering if I should get lighter weights.

i'm using 3lb weights which is plenty for me:) may get 5lbs when i reach level 2 or 3
  • Andiarena
    Options
    I started today as well! Tough, can't wait to hit day 15 & day 30!!!! going to swim 3 x a week as well, and do extra cardio but just because I like to do those things! Good luck everyone!!!!
  • Andiarena
    Options
    Ok, this is lame, but I only have 5 lb weights, and there is no way I could have managed through the workout today (first day) w/5lbs, so I just used soup cans? Next time I go to the store I'm going to get 3 lbs, but for now, its soup cans for me!
  • nikkid620
    Options
    Ok, this is lame, but I only have 5 lb weights, and there is no way I could have managed through the workout today (first day) w/5lbs, so I just used soup cans? Next time I go to the store I'm going to get 3 lbs, but for now, its soup cans for me!

OMG halfway through I was thinking of doing the same thing - thats hysterical!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I just assumed Level 1 would be for ten days, Level 2 ten days .... It takes the body a little while to acclimate to new routines. I imagine the next levels get progressively harder / challenging. Those that go through the levels in 3 days, let me know how it goes? The most important thing is to get moving and do it! !:smokin:
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    today was my day 6, level 1 :-)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! Ive started and stopped twice (I get to the second level and life gets in the way!) and this time is it, im finishing! I did a little of it today but I'm not going to count it so I'll actually start back up tomorrow.

GOODLUCK!!!
  • mistiann75
    mistiann75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you have to switch up and do the 3workouts in 3 days? Today was my 3rd time trying level 1 (not consecutive days in a row) and it kicks my butt. I am really out of shape. I was thinking I would do one level for a week or so and then move to the next. I am going to Rome in 3 months and I want to lose 2 pants sizes by then. I think I can do it with 30ds and some extra cardio and tracking my calories.

correct me if im wrong but i thought you do level 1 for 10 days,level 2 for 10 days then level 3 for 10days? and she suggest not skipping a day to get the max. results too unless you have an injury..im also doing extra cardio(walking 30mins/day)..

Ah, that makes more sense. I'm slow sometimes. :) Well, I'm on to day 2 tomorrow!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    wow thanks to everyone posting on here :)

I will be doing my day 2 later. i can feel it in my legs and arms today though wow! lol

im really excited to see what it can do for me in 30 days :D

I lost 4 pounds this week and that was just walking, bellydancing and 1 day of the 30 DS so cant wait to c wot it does with more days involved!

xxx
  • lannheue23
    lannheue23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 :o)
  • statia152
    Options
    AArrggghh! I put off my workout because I had an appt with my dietitian, but I get there and it's been changed to next week! I was looking forward to using the scale because mine is unreliable. I forgot to ask to weigh myself, how stupid is that? Then I go to Walmart, and OMG there is a doctor's clinic in Walmart!! I used the scale there, but 1) it caved in when I stepped on it (it was a really cheap model) AND 2) it said I weigh more than my starting weight. So I stopped in to another clinic on the way home, and the receptionist said each room had it's own scale and the rooms were all full. So ... it wasn't meant to be today.

I'm gonna do Day 2, ride the bike, shower and then pick berries. This is normally what I do, just getting a later start. Sorry, I had to vent.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Did my 2nd day of Level 2 yesterday. Will be attempting running tonight so 30 DS will be tomorrow night. I need to take a before picture to post before I start toning up!! HA! Not sure I want everyone seeing my jelliness though. :frown:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options

I use 5 lb weights but use what you can. The point is to do the max that you are able to and work up to more if you want. The push ups kill me too, I've never been good with those. And level 2 with the plank position jumping pain stuff, ugh! I do the modified and will work up to those. :)
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Today is my second day. I will do BFBM today. I haven't decided if I will do 30DS yet.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 2 of my 30 day shred :D feeling so good about myself its been a good day, lost 4 lbs this week and thats without the 30 ds :)
  • statia152
    Options
    Should we check in daily? I did Day 2, but only 10 min on bike. I feel good, legs a bit achy, and tired. I'm going to take a nap (less than 5 hrs sleep last night).
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Attempted 2nd day this morning but only managed 17 mins before I thought my arms were going to fall off:noway:

But just did it all the way through, just sucked up the sore bits, no way I am giving up. Upper arms are really burning now :laugh: