30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Note to self (and others, haha): Remember to drink water before the workout- not right before, you know what I mean.
    I get lightheaded if I don't drink enough water before working out. Bad move!
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just found it on demand on directv and started today! Whew!!! I thought 20-30min couldn't be that bad but man, its tough!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Attempted 2nd day this morning but only managed 17 mins before I thought my arms were going to fall off:noway:

But just did it all the way through, just sucked up the sore bits, no way I am giving up. Upper arms are really burning now :laugh:

I don't know it this would be considered cheating or not, but maybe drop the weights tomorrow? I would do the arm press (lying on your back) and try low fat choc milk after workout. (my daughter's coachs tell her to do this, helps cut the recovery period in half). Personally, one day without weights if you are super sore for recovery isn't a bad thing, is it?
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Started it yesterday! The cardio parts def killed my thighs, but I'm anxious to do it again tonight!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    D1 L1 Done! I started this before and only completed through D6 L1 cuz I got WAY too busy. But now I am rededicated and I will complete this. Feeling a little sore after doing some of the other exercises from my August Challenge team. Its time to get serious. Hope to reach Onderland this Month
  • Popogoodwin
    Options
    PS how do you all log this exercise?
    I use the exercise link on myfitnesspal.com to log my exercise. I wear a heart rate monitor. For the 30 minutes I burn about 260 calories.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 of level one. I took it a little easier today because my one thigh has been hurting for the past few days and I had some trouble at yoga this morning. I didn't want to do anything to injure it further. So, instead of using my 5lb weights, I used soup cans as someone else suggested. I'm hoping to be able to push myself tomorrow and use the 5lb weights again. I may alternate between the cans and weights as I really don't want to go out and buy lighter weights as I think I can do with the 5lb, just need to ease into it.
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Hi!

Just curious if anybody else is having knee trouble?
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have bad everything, with the ones that may put stress on your knee don't go down as far and make sure that you put your weight on your heels more than the front of your foot. Also, make sure your knee doesn't go over your toes, that helps with the weight distribution.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    I started on the the 8th to. im not to sore today how about you?
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    L1 D1!
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll join all of you. I just got back from vacation but had done a week or so of 30DS before I left. I'll start back up today. I've had to slowly increase weights due to a shoulder injury and eased myself into the full workout b/c of earlier abandoned attempts due to extremely sore thighs. By the end of one week I was able to fully engage with level one.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, good job to you all keep it up :) day 3 level 1 tonight although i have to say my thighs are killing me! lol

xxx
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    L1D2, feeling good :)
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    L1D3 done - afetr the first 5 minutes it just flew by tonight :happy: Keep it up everyone x
  • statia152
    Options
    L1 - D3 I did 2 sessions back to back, but had to drop the weights half way through the 2nd time. I've been logging in this exercise as "calisthenics - home, lite to mod". It's giving me 153 cals burned for 25 mins. That doesn't sound right. If I log it as "aerobic - low impact" I get 219 for 25 mins. Is there anyone here 220 - 240 pounds with a HRM? What do you get?
  • joimichele
    Options
    Did D3 L1 today. My knee didn't hurt today and I figured out what move I was doing wrong. Today, I noticed that Natalie was cheating when she thought the camera wasn't on her. That made me soooo mad...lol. Plus she just seems sloppy and floppy when she does some of the moves...is it just me?
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi!

I have bad everything, with the ones that may put stress on your knee don't go down as far and make sure that you put your weight on your heels more than the front of your foot. Also, make sure your knee doesn't go over your toes, that helps with the weight distribution.
    Thanks!
  • statia152
    Options
    Ok, I have my answer. If I had only logged it as "circuit training", I would have been fine.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Your all doing such a fantastic job, I did L1 D3 yesterday and found that it is slowly getting easier as in im not aching so much in the mornings! lol Day 4 today and will be doing it when i get in from work :D

So proud of all of you for all your fantastic work!

Keep it up we can do this!

Sara
    xxx