30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done, wow I'm so excited i did it for the whole week. I cant wait to see what L2 is. I actually put my ipod on while working out since I'm tired of hearing her say the same things...although my 10 year old gets a giggle when she talks about kicking herself in the *kitten*.

I was not seeing the scale move all week but this morning on my official weigh in day i dropped 2 lbs so I'm excited.

What is everyone fave move and least fave? I love the bicycle sit ups and I hate the jump rope.

I really hate the first cardio session, jumping jacks and jump rope. It's not that I can't physically do it, but all the jumping/being on tip toes kills my knees and calves. I usually sub in high kicks for one of the two.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done, wow I'm so excited i did it for the whole week. I cant wait to see what L2 is. I actually put my ipod on while working out since I'm tired of hearing her say the same things...although my 10 year old gets a giggle when she talks about kicking herself in the *kitten*.

I was not seeing the scale move all week but this morning on my official weigh in day i dropped 2 lbs so I'm excited.

What is everyone fave move and least fave? I love the bicycle sit ups and I hate the jump rope.

I really hate the first cardio session, jumping jacks and jump rope. It's not that I can't physically do it, but all the jumping/being on tip toes kills my knees and calves. I usually sub in high kicks for one of the two.

agree with u there!!!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Wow - I did the 2nd round today, so I am caught up to Monkey and others in the group (day 8). My fave move is side lunges-- least fave is regular lunges. So I sub reg with the side lunges. I figure I do my bike several times a week, and it's mostly thigh muscles, so it evens it all out. Anyone else nervous about Level 2? Will we be sore all over again?
  • HeatherB85
    Options
    Hello All! I was wondering how I could do this 30 day shred everyone was talking about! Cuz I couldn't buy it and I have no other equipment or videos or extra money to but them! So me being a couch potatoe I was looking around ON Demand on Comcast and found 30 day shred 1 & 2 I was actually happy!... I turned it on and done it Day 1 of shred 1 & it about killed me, My face was bright red, My heart was pounding, and sweat was pouring!! lol... But I can't wait to do it again!.... I'm hoping to be posting some before & after pix real soon! Thanks everyone!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Wow - I did the 2nd round today, so I am caught up to Monkey and others in the group (day 8). My fave move is side lunges-- least fave is regular lunges. So I sub reg with the side lunges. I figure I do my bike several times a week, and it's mostly thigh muscles, so it evens it all out. Anyone else nervous about Level 2? Will we be sore all over again?

well done and catching up :D im guessing we will know about level 2 in a couple of days time :P xxxx
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hello All! I was wondering how I could do this 30 day shred everyone was talking about! Cuz I couldn't buy it and I have no other equipment or videos or extra money to but them! So me being a couch potatoe I was looking around ON Demand on Comcast and found 30 day shred 1 & 2 I was actually happy!... I turned it on and done it Day 1 of shred 1 & it about killed me, My face was bright red, My heart was pounding, and sweat was pouring!! lol... But I can't wait to do it again!.... I'm hoping to be posting some before & after pix real soon! Thanks everyone!

looking forward to seeing the before and after pics :) ive taken the b4 but am yet to finish to take the after :)

She definatley works you hehe xx
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - just saw this post :)

I started on the 10th of August so just completed my L1 D6 tonight....stamina is better but my tolerance for Jillian is waning lol :/

Just wan to find out how you are all getting on with it?

Good luck x
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hey mazza

today was L1 Day 8 it is definatley getting better stamina wise but like you said jillian is slowly getting a bit annoying...i now know what she is going to say before she says it! :S lol

xxx
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did L1D6 very early this am. It sure wakes you up. I love the side lunges, but hate the jump rope. I'm thinking about adding a circuit from level2 for the next several days since I getting used to this level. It may ease me into level 2 before fully engaging in it.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    L1D8 done - favourite is bicycle crunches, side lunges and chest flies, least favourite, first cardio with jumping jacks and jump rope :sad:
  • ambry8
    ambry8 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone- I'm only on L1D2, but I can already say I hate jumping jacks. I thought I was gonna die yesterday, but this morning was a "little" better. For me, I think it's a mental thing. If I let myself think I can't do it, I won't. This morning I didn't put too much pressure on myself, and I actually was able to do a lot more that yesterday. Lookin' forward to day 6-7 so maybe I can get through the whole workout without needing a breather. :ohwell:
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Woot! I did it today plus work!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Today was my second day of level one and OMG I am so sore LOL. I know it will get better but seriously I looked like a 90yr old lady walking through the store today
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So I did L1D6 tonight. I started with the group but have been only doing 5 days a week so I've taken 2 days off (bad me!).

My fiance did the workout with me tonight. He's is much better shape then me (despite eating whatever he wants) and he was dying and had to take a few breathers. Granted he had just run for 30 minutes prior and I had just finished week 3 of C25K.

Going to try to do every day until my next weigh-in on Saturday or Sunday. The scale didn't really move this past week. So I've upped my calories. I wasn't eating any of my exercise calories before and barely making 1200, so I'm going to try to eat about half them back. And I'm just going to keep working on it. I really hope to see some good results this week.

Oh, and maybe I'm a weakling, but I gave in and bought 3# weights yesterday because the 5# ones were just to heavy for some of the exercises. So now at least I can make it through all the strength training now.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    well done everyone your doing brilliantly, today was my weight in day and measuring day and ive lost a few inches and 3lbs :D
  • Honey1990
    Options
    Hi everyone

So tonight will be day one of our 30ds, I have a ripped tendon in my ankle so I was wondering if you think I will still be able to do most of the workouts? Thanks really looking forward to seeing the results in 30 days.
    3 years ago i tore 3 ligaments in my ankle, it was so bad that the doctor suggested cadaver ligaments. needless to say i passed up that option and i just finishe L1 D8 and am going strong. The only thing that really puts a strain on it is the jump rope. I just kinda walk in place and do my arms really hard for that one.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    After one week of 30 DS
    first day i did one pushup... literally, today i did 20!!!
    i lost 4 lbs and 3.5 inches this last week.
  • hikerchick9
    Options
    I'm on day 15, level 2. Definitely worth it. Stick to it girls!!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    well done everyone! your all doing amazing!

xxxx
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Today was my second day of level one and OMG I am so sore LOL. I know it will get better but seriously I looked like a 90yr old lady walking through the store today

LOL I keep thinking of the lady that posted she got stuck on the toilet and had to have her hubby help her up because her legs were so sore! It gets better, I promise. Although I find I still get sore because I'm going lower on the squats and stuff. I do about 5 extra minutes of the warm-up and extra stretching at the end to help my muscles.