Anyone else starting C25K Monday, 8/15?

Options

Replies

• vuchi2000
    vuchi2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm glad to have found this forum--I'll be starting W2 tomorrow. I did W1 twice as I experimented with finding an app I liked and tried running outside vs. running on the treadmill. I felt fantastic after my last run and am really looking forward to starting W2. I've never had any interest in running but needed to change up my workout routine and now I'm signed up for my first 5k on November 6! :happy:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    so sweating my butt off to complete W1D1 but I did it and felt good after getting off the tredmill
    3 mph walk and 5 mph run. 2 miles in 34 mins.
    So excited to get some support for this!! Good job everyone.
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    Okay everyone. I started at w5d1 because I can run approximately 1 mile without stopping and getting too winded. It went well. I am looking forward to wednesday. Is everyone doing this every other day or just on the days that they choose would be best for them? Let me know.

Good luck everyone. Hand claps to everyone who is sticking to it so far.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Big well done to everyone! :)

My week runs from Saturday morning and Monday and Thursday night. Then next week starts Saturday morning again, its stopped me having any temptation to drink on fridays too :) lol
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    I am interested in joining the group. I just finished Day 3 of Week 1 last night. I am no runner as my lungs can´t keep up with what my body wants to go. I am trying to go a little slower. Add me to the list! Good luck to everyone!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow! Welcome to all of the new runners! Our group rocks! It looks like we have quite a range of runners which is awesome. We can all learn from each others successes and mishaps.

I am starting tonight and I can't wait. I am also going to look for a 5K to sign up for to keep me motivated. Great job and remember to stretch or crosstrain to day!
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to see if anyone else was planning to start the C25K program tomorrow, or this week? I am NO runner, but am interested in challenging myself to try something new. I have a lot of weight to lose, and I might look like an idiot, but I want to give it a shot anyway :)

Who's with me?? It's not required that you also look like an idiot while running, just to be clear ;)

Hi,

I am starting C25K W1D1 tonight after work. First time I will have run since my children were little. Scary stuff. I have been going to the gym for a couple of weeks now. I am pretty nervous that I'm going to make a fool of myself though.

Good luck with yours.
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting Week 2 today. I'm building myself back up to running after some knee problems in May. I have the C25K Lite app on my phone. Is that the best version?
  • mermezee
    Options
    I am definitely goin to try it...I am surely not a runner. I have a bad ankle that had to be surgically repaired. So this will be my first time trying to run again. So good luck...and Wish me LUCK as well.
  • Lindre
    Lindre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I actually started w1d1 on Monday and it kicked my butt, but it felt amazing to be running again. I got a long way to go to get fit again, but I'm just happy I'm starting and excited to see the progress with this program. I'm hoping this will help me get my asthma under check again before my little girl starts running everywhere. I can barely keep up with her now hah.
    I'm happy I came across this thread. Just the sort of motivation I needed. Feel free to add me and we can be each other's support!
  • heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started for the fourth time yesterday. I'm serious this round!
  • vuchi2000
    vuchi2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done, but I was really sore even with what I thought was a good stretch before (could have been from the strength class I did yesterday though). My biggest challenge seems to be cramping in my foot and calves. I stretch my calves, but not sure what to do about my foot--anyone else have this issue?
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Just started the program yesterday. Feel free to add me if anyone wants to keep each other motivated!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    C25K W1D2 + some finished 2.5 miles tonight on the treadmill wow what a sweaty mess. should have streched more after last night so good streching tonight. Scale moved this morning probably water loss from sweat last night. we'll see if it hold true tomorrow morning. Feels great getting back in it!!!
  • adrianneyk
    Options
    Today was my first day of C25K. I have to walk my 2 dogs in the morning before work so I took them with me. I'm not sure if that was a positive. My standard poodle loves to run..so no problem. The little silky terrier...not so much. Anyway, I did follow the beginning week one program since I am not a runner. I was recently motivated after chaperoning my daughter's cross country altitude training camp. I Jazzercise quite a bit but running has always baffled me. I know right now that I'm going to be sore (in fact I am already getting sore/shin splints). I am taking the recommended break tomorrow and walking. The challenge will be not giving up. I am looking for a 5k for December or January in Southern California.I really want to be a runner!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ok little update from me,

Moving tomorrows run, W3D3, to today as im swimming tomorrow! and then rest on friday to start W4D1 on Saturday morning! really looking forward to, it getting more intense and to me eating up those miles....

Main reason for that is i just signed myself up for my first 5K run! and its mid September, meaning ill be only just starting week 7 that week! Oh its going to kill me! lol i think/hope i will have enough fitness in me by then to do it! Its 2 weeks short of the first 5K run the training program gets me doing, so i may start to struggle towards the end.

I may push one of my days in week 6 to 30 minutes rather than 20 to at least get an idea of what ill be facing, further more its at 12 in the afternoon, and i only run very early morning, or late on in at night, i just hope its a cold and cloudy day lol
  • sandrajessica
    sandrajessica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!! I'm starting Week 2 Day 1 tonight - I'm pumped but anxious. I ran outside on W1D3 for the first time (vs treadmill) holy shin splints! Definitely different than the treadmill. BUT - last time I checked - 5K's were held outside and not on my treadmill :) So I'll have to get used to it.

Anyone else have flat feet? Suggestions for good shoes? I am an overpronator for sure - and the shoes to correct are either way ugly or FREAKING EXPENSIVE. Suggestions???
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    ooooooGravy, I will pray for overcast skies on the day of your 5K. I am excited to see your progress because you are only 2 days ahead of me in the program. I will be researching 5k's more around mid-end of Oct.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    SandraJessica - way to go with the outside running. I agree whole heartedly that it is way harder than the treadmill. I have not had any luck finding 5k's on treadmills either ;)

I'm in the middle of wk3 and am set to finish the program by Oct 1. I'm only running at 5mph on the treadmill so far. My plan is to be able to run the 30min continuously at 5mph, then head outside, then work up to 6mph, which would be so totally awesome I can't even really think about it right now.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    W3D2 is complete and I made it 1.98miles, which is super exciting bc 5 more weeks and only another mile to add. The first wk, I think I went almost 1.4miles so I am feeling good about it. Also I went faster and am noticing small changes. At first, I had to recover at 3mph and bring it down to 2 if I needed to drink water. Last day and today, I recovered at 3.5mph except for the last 3min interval. I was totally pooped and did 3mph. My legs are killing me today. I will try and stretch tonight on the floor for awhile.

Good luck with everyone's goals. Small changes get us to big changes.