Anyone else starting C25K Monday, 8/15?

Options

Replies

• ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey people! Seems like we are all progrssing nicely! I was ment to go on a bike ride last night but it was super windy and a bit dangerous to ride so I did a 15 minute run instead! And wow! I covered just over 2km in 14:35. 11.4 min/mile. It was really difficult too when wind was blowing directly at me, but it was a great run never-the-less! Wasnts part of C25K, I. Can blieve I just went out and did a 15 min run (with out walking) just because I felt like it bring on W6D3!!!

And yes the week gets easier as it progresses, but then a new week starts and its difficult again! But thats, what I find all part of the challege and enjoyable! :)

:appy running peoples! :)
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Woot! Did W5D3 today and ran 2 miles in those 20 minutes! My pace varied but towards the end I was going fast b/c I saw the 2 mile marker and wanted to make it. The first half mile was a little rough and I didn't think I could keep going but I got into my groove by mile 1 and felt great. I let 2 days go between runs and I think I prefer 1 day.

Going on a little 4 day vacation to the beach tomorrow but plan on keeping up with my runs while there.

Keep it up friends!
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Hi all! Tomorrow will be week 6 workout 2 for me.

I was apprehensive about the 20 min run at the end of week 5 but it went very smoothly.

I finally ran outside for week 6 workout 1 and it was glorious. We have a great gravel trail that was an old railroad, so it's flat and goes on for miles. These bones only run on concrete on race day. It's definitely harder outside than the treadmill (I knew this). However, I am more sore today than I would have expected.

My race is 9/17 so it's crunch time. I've given myself permission to run as long as I can and walk the rest.

Carry on!

Shari

Great job! You will do great in your race with that attitude. You also have to remember that there will be people cheering and lots of people around you for encouragement so I bet you'll be able to run the whole thing.

I go through phases of where I like doing my runs on a treadmill or outside. right now I'm on an outside kick and loving it.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I was only able to complete 2 days of week 3 last week (I have bunches of "excuses", but none good enough: worked 12 hours overtime last week, gym closed during holiday weekend, and by the time I had someone to watch my son while I ran, it was pouring down rain and flooding everywhere)... Do I do W3D3 today and then move on to W4D1 on Friday, doing a day every other day until I get back on track? Or, do I repeat week 3 so I get all of my days in a one week span? Or, do I just skip W3D3 and move to W4D1 if I can complete it?

I was able to complete W3D1 and W3D2 with no problems. I even almost forgot to stop running at the 90 second mark when the interval was over on W3D2!

Advice?
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I was only able to complete 2 days of week 3 last week (I have bunches of "excuses", but none good enough: worked 12 hours overtime last week, gym closed during holiday weekend, and by the time I had someone to watch my son while I ran, it was pouring down rain and flooding everywhere)... Do I do W3D3 today and then move on to W4D1 on Friday, doing a day every other day until I get back on track? Or, do I repeat week 3 so I get all of my days in a one week span? Or, do I just skip W3D3 and move to W4D1 if I can complete it?

I was able to complete W3D1 and W3D2 with no problems. I even almost forgot to stop running at the 90 second mark when the interval was over on W3D2!

Advice?

If you haven't done w3d3 I'd go ahead and do that to get you back on track.
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options

Advice?

If you haven't done w3d3 I'd go ahead and do that to get you back on track.

yup! do W3D3 and see how you fair, if you think you are struggling alittle then make the decision to re-do W3 :)
  • shydaisi
    Options
    Thank you! I will let you all know how it goes tonight!
  • sangelic
    Options
    W4D1 wow that was aweful but I made it with out stopping for a breather so D2 should be better right?

I hope it's better for you! I just attempted W4D2 and it was awful, I did better on D1. Will definitely be doing W4 a 2nd time!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @MamaBear - I am on schedule for the 20min run this week too and feeling a combination of scared and excited. One of my MFP friends commented about how running is such a head game and I totally agree. When I went form W3 to W4, I thought 5min? No way I can do that but W4D3, I ran an 8min interval at the end.

My advice is don't think about it. You can do it! Let us know how it goes.
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    I just finished W5D2 this evening. It went well. I thought that I had to run 8, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run . To my surprise, there were no 3 minute walks and the 5 was a walk. Since I was mentally preparing myself for more, it was fine. Let's see for W5D3 - 20 minutes. :huh: Maybe I should think that I have to do 30 mintues!

Have some good runs everyone!
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options
    I just finished W5D2 this evening. It went well. I thought that I had to run 8, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run . To my surprise, there were no 3 minute walks and the 5 was a walk. Since I was mentally preparing myself for more, it was fine. Let's see for W5D3 - 20 minutes. :huh: Maybe I should think that I have to do 30 mintues!

Really well done! I honestly think that most of it is in the mind! I went for a run yesterday, not part of C25K, but just because I wanted to. I planned the route in my head which is the one I took for weeks 1 to 4 of C25K and not run since. I did the route in 15 mins without stopping, and when I got to the end I wasn't tired, but I couldn't go on, it was strange, cos I planned to stop where I did, my body was like " whoa! What you think your doing you said take me here so we're here, you need to pay extra for another stop down the line" lol forgive my randomness I'm tired and laid in bed typing this on my little screen of my phone lol

Anyway, , the moral is; because of all your training for this, you have the physical ability and if you go into W5D3 thinking you can run for 20 minutes, you will. I think that's what I was saying anyway lol
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options

Really well done! I honestly think that most of it is in the mind! I went for a run yesterday, not part of C25K, but just because I wanted to. I planned the route in my head which is the one I took for weeks 1 to 4 of C25K and not run since. I did the route in 15 mins without stopping, and when I got to the end I wasn't tired, but I couldn't go on, it was strange, cos I planned to stop where I did, my body was like " whoa! What you think your doing you said take me here so we're here, you need to pay extra for another stop down the line" lol forgive my randomness I'm tired and laid in bed typing this on my little screen of my phone lol

Anyway, tkopps , the moral is; because of all your training for this, you have the physical ability and if you go into W5D3 thinking you can run for 20 minutes, you will. I think that's what I was saying anyway lol
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options

Anyway, tkopps , the moral is; because of all your training for this, you have the physical ability and if you go into W5D3 thinking you can run for 20 minutes, you will. I think that's what I was saying anyway lol
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options

• ooOOooGravy
    Options
    Oh bugger! Sorry for the mental amount of copies, stupid phone! Anyone know how to delete? :S
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done! I actually ended up running for 9min the last interval. I wanted to see how far I could go in anticipation of the 20min run, which I hope to do this weekend. I was tired and out of breath but I did not fall off the treadmill as I have often imagined I would. I think I could have run farther but 9min was good enough to prove something to myself ;). I am also extremely proud that I ran in the evening. I usually try to get it over with in the morning but hubby was off today and we were doing stuff this morning.
  • shydaisi
    Options
    I think I am going to make this week a repeat of Week 3. I completed what should have been W3D3 today but as it had been 4 days since my last session, it was extremely hard to complete. I did complete it and didn't have to take any extra breaks or anything, but I am not confident that I am prepared for Week 4. I think I am going to do a W3D4 and a W3D5, and then begin fresh with W4D1 next week. It will put me a week behind "schedule" but I think it will be the best chance I have of completing the program.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I know you have been together for a little while, but I just stumbled across the thread. I am on Week 4 and have done Day 2. This week is a bit of a struggle. I know a lot of it is in my head, but I am going to push through. I probably will repeat this week at least for a day or two. I'll see how I feel after day 3. I am so proud of myself everyday I go and I do really look forward to going. I know I am going to have a harder time with motivation when the weather turns colder and rainy but I am hoping that I will be hooked enough by then.
  • asm0118
    asm0118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dusty- I just completed W4D2 last night too!!! Everytime I start a new week, and think I'm going to need to do extra sessions, I always surprise myself by just pushing on. So far I haven't regretted it! The 5 min runs are definitely trying for me, but far from impossible! I can't wait for W4D3!!!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I know you have been together for a little while, but I just stumbled across the thread. I am on Week 4 and have done Day 2. This week is a bit of a struggle. I know a lot of it is in my head, but I am going to push through. I probably will repeat this week at least for a day or two. I'll see how I feel after day 3. I am so proud of myself everyday I go and I do really look forward to going. I know I am going to have a harder time with motivation when the weather turns colder and rainy but I am hoping that I will be hooked enough by then.

Welcome!

I too am hoping I am hooked by the time the weather turns. I am hoping to be one of those runners I used to look at like they were crazy for running in the rain or in sub-freezing temps!