Anyone else starting C25K Monday, 8/15?

Options

Replies

• livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    okay I did w5d2. Feeling pretty good about it. I thought that I would be winded because it has been a few days in between the first time I started. I found today that I was super amped after the workout. I am so glad that I joined this challenge. Maybe after this I will be able to run a mini marathon....who knows. Sounds like a good goal to set for about a year or so from now.
  • adrianneyk
    Options
    Update for a Saturday. I ran my second day on Thursday (this time with Cosmo my giant poodle, sans Libby the slow Silky). Actually, it went pretty well. My jog/run pace is very slow (laughable at times). At this time, however, I am not going for speed, just trying to keep to the program of run for 60 and walk for 90. I know I did extra running though because I didn't have my contacts in and couldn't see the small numbers on my watch so rounded every cycle up to 2 mins (I guess that make the walking times longer too but...). I do walk and do activity on non run days. I am thinking that I need new shoes though. I will keep on the week 1 schedule for another week.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Needed to burn off some of my horrible extra calories today so did W2 D1 early wasn't as bad as I feared. Have a greaqt weekend everyone.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Needed to burn off some of my horrible extra calories today so did W2 D1 early wasn't as bad as I feared. Have a greaqt weekend everyone.

I think I am going to try to do W2D1 this evening. I am nervous about it because W1D3 seemed so hard! Harder than W1D1 and W1D2, for sure... Still going to go for it though!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Okay so I accidentally skipped W2D3 and did W3D1 today, do I need to go back and do w2D3 again?? It seems silly since I went from running 90 seconds to 3 minutes to go back to 90 seconds again.

I think if you did W3D1 without a problem, just continue with it! No need to go back if it was not difficult to complete W3D1. Go you!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I started on friday....doing W1D2 today.....I did it out side Friday morning and all of the running was uphill (ugghhhh!) and I couldn't do the last run. later on that evening i did it again and made it all the way through! Yay! I just felt I had to make it through and trying to run uphill was killing me!
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Okay so I accidentally skipped W2D3 and did W3D1 today, do I need to go back and do w2D3 again?? It seems silly since I went from running 90 seconds to 3 minutes to go back to 90 seconds again.

I think if you did W3D1 without a problem, just continue with it! No need to go back if it was not difficult to complete W3D1. Go you!

Thanks! I did W3D2 today and it was a lot harder, all hills and hot out but I did it.

Sometimes during the runs I wonder if I'll ever be able to run 30 minutes straight though, it's hard. :(
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I started on friday....doing W1D2 today.....I did it out side Friday morning and all of the running was uphill (ugghhhh!) and I couldn't do the last run. later on that evening i did it again and made it all the way through! Yay! I just felt I had to make it through and trying to run uphill was killing me!

Hills are SO hard, you did great by just doing it!!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Looks as though everyones doing great!

Quick update from me:

Tonight sees me doing W4D2. I did D1 on Saturday and i thought i was going to collapes lol Dont know if it was because it was un-usually hot, or if W4 was just a big step up for me, or even the fact i had 2 complete rest days (no exercise what-so-ever) before hand. Anyway i know that tonight will only be easier, and the fact im night running means it will be cooler! :)

P.s iv completely burnt out my first pair of running shoes??? they are only cheapo ones at the mo, cant afford proper running shoes yet, but im saving up! but i calculate they have done about 21 miles in total?! pathetic?! i know im not exactly an effecient runner, but com'on? anyway got some more, and keeping the receipt for if they do it again, then ill get a new pair for free :)

Im really starting to get into this sport now, and loving it!

Happy running peoples :)
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    Monday update from my side.

I planned to do W2D3 on Saturday morning and by mistake did W3D1! I was able to complete it. Last night I did W2D3 for good measure (and for the extra burned calories to have Chicken Korma!!!!) I was especially proud of myself to get out there last night as a storm was coming. In the past, I would have just stayed home. Luckily the few drips that I did get were very welcomed.

I think I will do W3D2 tomorrow.

It looks like everyone is still working hard to make it to the 5K. Please post your updates!!!

Good running this week.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Offical W2D1 was a little tuff but made it. 44 mins and 2.5 miles. and calories werent bad either
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Monday update from my side.

I planned to do W2D3 on Saturday morning and by mistake did W3D1! I was able to complete it. Last night I did W2D3 for good measure (and for the extra burned calories to have Chicken Korma!!!!) I was especially proud of myself to get out there last night as a storm was coming. In the past, I would have just stayed home. Luckily the few drips that I did get were very welcomed.

I think I will do W3D2 tomorrow.

It looks like everyone is still working hard to make it to the 5K. Please post your updates!!!

Good running this week.

Ha! I did the same thing! Great job!

I just finished w3d3 today and it was much easier than d2, I am finally feeling good during the longer runs but it was also a lot cooler than the other day. Bring on week 4!!!!
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Doing W4, D1 tonight. W3 was easy for me. I only did it twice and I added an extra repeat of the sequence, but now I'm fighting a cold and a little bit of a cough. Normally I wouldn't run with any below neck symptoms but I'm determined to power through. Chubby Jones and I will be on the treadmill as it is 90+ out today.

Great job ladies!
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    Hey y'all,
    I did w5d3. I am a little behind from last week, but I am going to pick up the slack here this week. I am looking forward to the rest of the week as this is proving to be challenging. The calorie burn is great and seeing those numbers keeps me motivated. Keep it up everyone.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Donated blood today and hit my 6 gallon mark and earned my 6 gallon pin.
    well better calorie day w2d2 was good burned 358 calories and did 15 mins of weightlifting. and now I am exhausted. probaqbly shouldn't have worked so hard tonight after my donation but I didn't want to fall behind on workouts.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    hows everyone doing?? I am a little sore from week 2 but keep going may repeat it next week unless tomorrows run feels better than yesterdays!! But I am ok with that I want to acheive running comfortably and safely so I will keep running.
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this! Week 2 Day 1 kicked my *kitten* yesterday! But in a good way. :)
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    OK, last night was W4D3. Now i have a running partner, who is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fitter than i am, its pushed me alittle in this program, for a start the last 2 days we have run, it has been up a hill (a very steep hill too) a mile and a half up, and then a mile and a half back down again.

The other days run i stuck to the proper run walk patern as i should for week 4 (3/5/3/5/3) however yesterday, i went abit mental and did, 3/5/6/8/6 (i didnt mean to do this i just forgot to look at my watch lol), with walking inbetween that, i am so proud of myself, not only that we are doing the full 5K, rather than just 20 mins! i was 1 minute 20 seconds quicker on the 5k yesterday compared to the other day!

W5 starts with 5/8/5/8 i believe, and running it tomorrow morring around a lake, so it will be flat, and give me a better picture of my level of fitness, im going to stick to the W5 patteren and see what my full 5k time is. I think this level will now set me in good stead for the 5k race in 2 weeks sunday (brickin it! lol) n :)

Great to see your progress peoples! Happy running!
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 8 of C25K and I love it. I have been tracking my calories on MFP and doing C25K 5 days a week and I've seen amazing results. My running pace is faster than it's ever been and I'm even about to handle hills (small hills). I highly recommend C25K!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I just finished W4D1 and made it through both 5 minutes! The second one was a little tough. I then did part of W3 afterwards. I tried to do it in the morning and I found it a little more difficult than in the evening. The big plus is that I have the whole day in front of me!

I hope that you all are doing well. Keep us all posted. We are doing this together.

Have a great run!