Anyone else starting C25K Monday, 8/15?

Options

Replies

• MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did it! W5D3 completed this morning. I actually ran just under 22 minutes because I challenged myself to make it to the end of the wash before I stopped. I was a bit slower than I wanted to be but was encouraged by a friend who told me my pace time was really pretty good.

This is the first time in my life that I have run that long so I feel very accomplished. I am so glad I went for it. I can now agree with everyone one here who has come this far, that it can be done.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    C25K W4 D2 another night with 5 min runs was a little better today but I think I better repeat this week in order to progress smoothly to the new level I was really huffing and puffing and thinking like the little engine that could on the last 5 min run. 4 mins you can do it 3.5 mins you can do it 3 more mins you can do it 2.5 mins your half way there 2 more mins you can do it 1.5 mins you can do 1 min your almost there 30 secs here we come and WOW its over!!!! NO PUKING AND NO BREAKS. but I am sure I need more practice at this week. Bought 30 DS at walmart last night after my run I sat down and just watched level 1 while stretching and I am thinking that doesn't look so bad until I actually have to start doing that workout.
  • I've been forgetting to post, but I finished week 6 yesterday and boy o boy was I praying for those breaks! I made it through and I am looking forward to week 7. Trying to convince my fiance to join me. I don't think I am going to be successful in that. Good lluck to everyone and keep those feet moving:-)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my final run in the C25K programme! Running so much easier now.

I'm still very slow but I get faster each time. My goal was to be able to run for 30 minutes non stop. Now that I can do that my new goal is to get to running 5k over 30 minutes.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I did it! W5D3 completed this morning.

WAY TO GO!!!! That is so awesome and it gives me hope. W5D2 today and then the 20min one either sat or sun. I hope to report equally encouraging results.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    W5D2 done! And I met a personal goal of running for 1mile straight. I'm at 5mph (12min mile) so on that last interval an additional 4min just didn't seem so far out of reach. I super proud of myself. W5D3 (20min) interval, you are so going down on Sun!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    so disappointed, I couldn't do the 20min continuously of w5d3 :( I HAD to take 3 short walk breaks but did run for 20min.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    W4D3 was horrible I will be repeating this week since I did not gain confidence at 5 min runs.
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    I DID IT! W5D3 and added another 5 block interval after a walk. I agree that it is all mental. I did go pretty slowly at the beginning to ensure that I wouldn't die at the end. Super happy and ready for the pasta my husband is making. Bring on week 6!
  • Hey everybodeeee!
    I finished w7d1! It was a doozy but I pushed through. I think that I may repeat this day. Not sure yet, I will know for sure tuesday. I hope everyone is enjoying this program just as much as me.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    I am totally feeling W5D3 from yesterday. Interestingly this is the first time I've been sore from the program. I guess I really did push myself. W6D1 starts tomorrow!
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last Thursday. I think I'm going to spend a couple extra days on Week 1 because I'm no runner, either. Unless a bear is chasing me, that is. But since I plan on doing my running on a treadmill, I'd be pretty well screwed either way. :ohwell:
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah. Great job getting to week 6! How did your run go today? I did W6D2 today. It went well, but I know I was running a little faster than I should have been. I was able to sustain it for the 10 minute intervals but I know it would have killed me if I had to go much longer. Thursday will be my W6D3 25 minute run and I will definitely need to slow my pace down a bit to be able to complete it.

Welcome DeepAsAPlate. When I started the program about 7 weeks ago, I could barely run the 60 seconds. It was rough. I have never been a runner at any point in my life. There is no rush to get through the program so don't feel bad about repeating a day or two. I would suggest though, that you push yourself a little. Don't repeat days until they feel super easy. Repeat them if you really feel like they were way too much of struggle, but being able to push yourself an extra 30 seconds or minute and completing the next workout is such a great sense of accomplishment and trains your body a little better. Also, make sure you are going as slow as necessary. When I first started, I could almost walk as fast as I was running. Good luck with it. You can do it!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    I did W6D1 this eveing. It went pretty well. I was only suffering on the last 5 minutes. I think that I went too fast for the first two intervals. Will watch that for the next run. Totally deserved the yummy Indian food with my husband.

I hope that you all are doing well and getting some good runs in.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    repeating W4 this week 5 min runs are still really kicking my butt. so I will repeat this set until comfortable.
  • sangelic
    Options
    Attempted W5D2 today...the first 8 minutes was a breeze but the 2nd set I was only able to run 6 or the 8 min. Will definitely be repeating this day before heading into the dreaded 20 min run!

Does anyone else's body feel like it'd be easier if they just kept running instead of having the interval walk in between? I feel that way every time.
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Attempted W5D2 today...the first 8 minutes was a breeze but the 2nd set I was only able to run 6 or the 8 min. Will definitely be repeating this day before heading into the dreaded 20 min run!

Does anyone else's body feel like it'd be easier if they just kept running instead of having the interval walk in between? I feel that way every time.

I totally did until i hit the week of all 25 minute runs and no breaks, lol!
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Okay I'm back! Have been busy but keeping up with the program, even did my run on vacation last weekend all hungover in the hot sun, lol.

I completed w6d3 today and was totally scared about it since I had a really tough w6d2 run, it was like my body didn't want to go but totally realized it is a MIND GAME! going for 25 mins straight scared me until I read and repeated this quote to myself a bunch:

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. - lance armstrong"

When I felt like quitting I remembered that pain is temporary and I would slow down but push through and did it. Tomorrow starts week 7 and it looks like it's all 25 minute straight runs and I'm hoping they start to get easy, please tell me it gets easy, lol.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    repeating W4 this week 5 min runs are still really kicking my butt. so I will repeat this set until comfortable.

I decided to do that too. I am on my 4th day of week 4
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    So I asked to join and then never came back. Sorry. I just had a very trying last week. But I am back at it. It was misting today when I got home from work, but I decided to go anyway. My son said you are going to run in the rain? And I said if I don't I won't get to run again until July. It was pretty light rain so it wasn't bad and I[m proud of myself that I went anyway. I am going to have to figure out what to wear though as it gets cooler because I was fine for the first half but then I was too hot.

This should have been my first day of week 5, but since I never felt very good on the second 5 minute run of week 4 I decided to repeat week 4, at least two more days of it. I keep getting a stitch at the end of the second 5 minute run so I want to work through that before I try to go farther so I don't get discouraged.