30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11

Options

Replies

• statia152
    Options
    I would say abs! Way more planks in Level 3. But the thighs are a close second. I'm glad to see you all are still doing this, you have a great group!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Instead of my scheduled rest day tomorrow, I'm taking it today. TOM visited and it has just wiped me out. Blah.

So how many of the us from the original group are still doing this?!?!?!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do think abs are a big focus, but my initial thought in reading your question is EVERYTHING! With all the plank positioning you are pretty much working everything.

Here's a bit of a spoiler: warm up is longer (or at least seems longer) and one of the warm up exercises is double jumprope.

Not trying to scars anyone as its not that bad. Im sure by this time next week I'll be more in tune with the exercises and they will become less difficult. I make that assumption of all of us. When your ready to move on, then move on.
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Damn! The cardio is just killer! The last circuit with squat jumps and rockstar jumps have me exhausted. I have been needing to pause briefly to make it through. Jumping lunges are pretty brutal too!

All that said, I feel as though I am definately getting my $10 and 25 minutes a day worth! Hating it while I'm doing it but loving it after it's over!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    Options
    Level 2, day 8 done (18 days). Only 12 more days....Truth be told, I'm a little bored. I wish she varied up the routine each day...like maybe do level 1, then level 2, then level 3 or something to keep it different. I'm sticking to the program as she designed it though.
    Wish my belly button measurement would get significantly smaller though... :o/
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Well, day 20 done withe D3 of L3.

Still a butt kicker towards the end. That cardio is no joke!

Looking forward to the next 10 days! Can't wait for the final results!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Damn! Still an ars kicker! Only had to breifly pause two times today. The cardio at the end is brutal and leaves me whooped!

Still feels good though!
  • thistleandfi
    thistleandfi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to start over or do a partial redo :( I went away for 5 days during Labor Day weekend and 3days in started to get sick (a cold which lead to a sinus infection, no fun, antibiotics, blah blah). I am just now reaching the full recovery point and will be picking up with 30DS tomorrow. I plan to make a full month of it but since I was out for almost 2 weeks worth of this challenge I think I'll go to tracking my progress on my own. Best of luck everyone, its great to see people sticking with it :) I'll be cheering for you!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    Options
    I did level 3, day 1 today (day 20 overall). Agreed with EPICSRT ~ cardio is killer at the end but most of the moves are very doable at the modified level. Following Natalie, however, is a complete joke for me. The woman is a jack rabbit in her jumps! LOL So, I'm following Anita (still)...and likely will be from here on out. My legs burned through all of the lower body stuff. Only ten more days!
  • mjh5141
    Options
    So I have a question for everyone. What are your plans once you complete the 30DS? I'm trying to decide where I want to go. I have definitely seen improvements in my shape, but I'm not there yet. So I'm thinking about either getting another Jillian Michael's dvd (suggestions?) or doing a second round of the 30DS. Any opinions?
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Day 22 for me. Day 5 on Level 3. Cardio at the end is still a kick in the pants, but I have noticed I am improving in this area.

Deffinately going to have see this through to the end, almost there!

Going to be in the ATL area next few days for work, so I will be taking the disk with. Not sure how big the hotel gym is bit it looks large enough for me to do this workout. I'll have to play it from my laptop. Will probably look like a goofball, but whatever!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    So I have a question for everyone. What are your plans once you complete the 30DS? I'm trying to decide where I want to go. I have definitely seen improvements in my shape, but I'm not there yet. So I'm thinking about either getting another Jillian Michael's dvd (suggestions?) or doing a second round of the 30DS. Any opinions?

Ripped in 30 Days!!

Starting immediately after 30DS. September 21 will be day 1.

You in??
  • mjh5141
    Options

Ripped in 30 Days!!

Starting immediately after 30DS. September 21 will be day 1.

You in??

I was thinking about doing either that or 6 Week 6 Pack. Or just redoing 30DS.

Hahaha, this preview makes me unsure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_zTvl-NmA ("I just care about you." SCREW YOU JILLIAN). It looks INTENSE.

While there are DEFINITELY noticeable results so far, I haven't seen much/any weight loss (my eating habits haven't been fantastic, something I am fixing now). So part of me feels like I should redo it with proper eating habits to see if that'll affect my weight loss, but I also don't want to get stuck in a rut, you know?
  • EPICSRT
    Options

I was thinking about doing either that or 6 Week 6 Pack. Or just redoing 30DS.

Hahaha, this preview makes me unsure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_zTvl-NmA ("I just care about you." SCREW YOU JILLIAN). It looks INTENSE.

While there are DEFINITELY noticeable results so far, I haven't seen much/any weight loss (my eating habits haven't been fantastic, something I am fixing now). So part of me feels like I should redo it with proper eating habits to see if that'll affect my weight loss, but I also don't want to get stuck in a rut, you know?

I did level 1 of Ripped one time as a preview. It is a little intense, but it actually seems that 30DS is a lead in to Ripped in 30. I was going to check out the "meal plan" that is supposed to be part of ripped in 30. Figured I'd check it out and see what it has.

My weight loss progress is slowing a bit because I revised my goal and how much I want to lose how often. In addition, even though the loss is slowing, I'm still losing inches around my waist and that is almost just as good!

Well, if you decide you want to make a go of it, hit me up! I am getting bored with 30DS and won't repeat it right now. Ripped in 30 is 4 levels, 1 each weak, so the frequent change should be nice.
  • statia152
    Options
    Good Morning all! I have something to share, this lady's results are amazing and motivation for all those who are doing 30DS.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/341211-my-30-day-shred-results-pics
  • statia152
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders! I will have a difficult time fitting in my Shred due to a couple of appts today. But if all else fails, there is this evening. (sorry, this message was for my group)
  • MrsRipdizzle
    Options

I ordered TurboFire, TurboJam, and Chalean Extreme off of Amazon (used, got all 3 for the price of one!). I think TurboFire might be beyond my level after watching several youtube vids of it but I hear that TurboJam should be just about right and will introduce me to the moves so when I am ready for TurboFire, I can keep up, as many of the moves are similar. I really liked the looks of Chalean Extreme so I think that will be the first one I commit to and then I will plan to add in TurboJam for some extra cardio if I do 2-a-days. I have 77 days to drop as much fat and get as toned as I can for a big dream trip to Disney and while I know I won't lose much weight...I'd still like to be comfortable and in shape enough to handle a full week of pounding the pavement several miles a day (not to mention, the bathing suit factor, eeeeek!).
  • bayerngirl
    bayerngirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Do they have any other JM downloads?
  • bayerngirl
    bayerngirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! I have something to share, this lady's results are amazing and motivation for all those who are doing 30DS.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/341211-my-30-day-shred-results-pics

Thanks for the link! Do they have any other JM workouts for free downloads?