Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• Corazie
    Options
    Pottermore is actually helping me, I'm taking an hour's walk every 80 minutes with the dogs while I wait for potions to brew. Why yes, I am secretly a child at heart.

Walking moderate pace, with dog - 2 hours :D
  • momie0205
    Options
    So I had to check this pottermore out but I guess it is all full. I don't mind how we post our totals either. I just don't want the board to vanish. It slowed down a lot this week.

I wanted to add woo hoo for having to start a new thread now.
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    Bump ... I can't really post right now but if this is the new thread I wanted to keep track ... talk to you all soon :flowerforyou:
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Bump ... I can't really post right now but if this is the new thread I wanted to keep track ... talk to you all soon :flowerforyou:

This! haha
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Okay, so.. now that we've got the Common Room all sorted out. Haha. I'm really not sure what happened there.. :laugh:

Anyway, what do we think about posting as we were, just being neater about it? More activity, easier to gather stats... win/win?
    Post as often as you like, just give me a summary of your stats at the end of your post.

OWLs:
    NEWTs:
    House Points:

Remember, OWLs are for exercise challenges (currently awarding 1 OWL per set of 10 push-ups of any style!)

NEWTs are for food challenges (currently 1 NEWT per serving of Green Veggies up to 3, 5 NEWTs for exceeding daily goal of 3 servings of Green Veggies)

House Points are exercise minutes totalled for the House Cup. (strength-training OR cardio)

The point of the Hogwarts Challenge is to keep us all motivated, and if checking in on a daily or semi-daily basis motivates you, then we'll do it that way. Thanks everyone for being so understanding while we iron all this out. :flowerforyou:
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump... Ran outta pages... Now I gotta keep track over here....

Hiya Y'all!!!

You don't get my stats post yet because I have them all written done at home... So look forward to another one from me! :laugh:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I'm happy to post either daily or weekly, whichever is easiest for everyone else!

This weekend is likely to be a bad weekend for me, weight loss wise. My best friends are leaving for University in a few days and are having a big leaving party on Sunday. Bye bye weight loss, hello calories!
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you've had a great week. So glad the weekend is here myself, need a break from classes even though this was just a four day week! I'll be posting my stats tomorrow most likely. Need to look back over the week and count everything up. Have a terrific day!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Okay, so.. now that we've got the Common Room all sorted out. Haha. I'm really not sure what happened there.. :laugh:

Anyway, what do we think about posting as we were, just being neater about it? More activity, easier to gather stats... win/win?
    Post as often as you like, just give me a summary of your stats at the end of your post.

OWLs:
    NEWTs:
    House Points:

Remember, OWLs are for exercise challenges (currently awarding 1 OWL per set of 10 push-ups of any style!)

NEWTs are for food challenges (currently 1 NEWT per serving of Green Veggies up to 3, 5 NEWTs for exceeding daily goal of 3 servings of Green Veggies)

House Points are exercise minutes totalled for the House Cup. (strength-training OR cardio)

The point of the Hogwarts Challenge is to keep us all motivated, and if checking in on a daily or semi-daily basis motivates you, then we'll do it that way. Thanks everyone for being so understanding while we iron all this out. :flowerforyou:

thanks for the clarification and for being a great head of house, nicole.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    here are my totals monday 9/5 to thursday 9/8
    OWLs: 5
    NEWTs: 2
    House Points: 353

my arms are so sore from going up to 8# hand weights from 5#. does anyone have any suggestions? other than rest and stretching? i'm doing upperbody weights every other day. i'm on a monday, wednesday, friday schedule.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hi Hufflepuff!! :bigsmile:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    From September 6 - September 9;

OWLs: 30 (300 push ups). Nicole, I also have an additional 10 OWLs as I did 100 push ups the day before. I believe you have noted these already, so the 30 need to be added on, if I'm correct in my thinking.
    House Points: 185

I've also lost 1lb this week!

I've decided I'm going to post my figures on a weekly basis, as this is a bit easier for me. I quite work out the best day to post my results/figures though. I'm thinking Sunday is the 'best' day as it's the start of a new weekly house challenge so from next weekend, I'll post my figures on a Sunday.

I have a busy weekend this weekend and a sad one too, saying goodbye to my best friends who are off to University in the next 10 or so days. It'll certainly be a sad one! Have a great weekend Huffles!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    here are my totals monday 9/5 to thursday 9/8
    OWLs: 5
    House Points: 353

my arms are so sore from going up to 8# hand weights from 5#. does anyone have any suggestions? other than rest and stretching? i'm doing upperbody weights every other day. i'm on a monday, wednesday, friday schedule.

maybe do the weights every other day? that way they get to recover.

I'm going to post my stats for the week on Sunday I think because it'll be easier for this week. Can post daily after that if you like or continue to do it weekly. Whatever, man :smokin: and yes, hufflepuffin, thanks for bearing with US - we are a bit of a rabble :laugh:
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yay for the weekend!

Here are my totals from Monday 9/5- Friday 9/9

I think I did awesome this week! 780 push ups , I went way over my 3 servings of green veggies each day, and I did 714 mins of exercise.

OWLs:78
    NEWTs: 25
    House Points: 714 (it's on point per minute right?)
    Weight Check in: 208 :happy:
  • momie0205
    Options
    Does it go from 9-4-11 or 9-5-11?

OWLs:35
    NEWTs: 5
    House Points:440

I went from sunday to today if that is wrong I can change my numbers. I will weigh in on monday.
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

I went from sunday to today if that is wrong I can change my numbers. I will weigh in on monday.

The inter-House competition started 9/5 :smile:
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Thanks everyone for conforming to our new ways so quickly! Going over the posts was a breeze tonight!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Yay for the weekend!

Here are my totals from Monday 9/5- Friday 9/9

I think I did awesome this week! 780 push ups , I went way over my 3 servings of green veggies each day, and I did 714 mins of exercise.

OWLs:78
    NEWTs: 25
    House Points: 714 (it's on point per minute right?)
    Weight Check in: 208 :happy:

One point per minute. :smile: You got it!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

I didn't take your numbers down yet. Waiting for the update. :bigsmile:
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    9/5/11 to 9/10

OWLS: 20
    House Points: 270