Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• msrobinson77
    Options
    You guys are all doing such a great job-it's very inspiring:bigsmile: Yesterday's totals for me:

60 min of cardio (zumba class)
    1 set of crunches (soooo glad to be starting the pushup challenge today)
    6 cups of water.

Have a great day Huffles!!
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been working all weekend (my next day off isn't until I have class on Wednesday, boo!) so I've been busy and have neglected this thread. Sorry!

Thursday and Friday I had 8 cups of water reach day, Saturday I only had 4, and so far I have only done about 10 more crunches between those days. I must be doing something wrong with my bicycle crunches cause if I try to do a lot (as in, maybe 40), I'm sore for 2 days.

I also did my weigh-in today to get it over with and I'm 120.4. Looks like I've gained a little :/ oh well.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i have lost 5 pounds this week from 185 to 180 not sure i believe it but weight myself a dozen or more times this morning

been really bad thursday and saturday didnt do any crunches and only did 200 on friday
    and for water thursday 5 glasses friday 6 glasses and saturday 5 glasses

can i ask tho how much water do you count as a glass because i have large glasses and will never be able to drink 13 of them just want to know im calculating the same as everyone else

Go by cups, not glasses.
    Congratulations on the 5 lbs!!! That's amazing!!!
  • Page2777
    Options
    thanks ladies i have been drinking big glasses that should count as 2 so gonna adjust my count from now on
  • rawrkeia
    rawrkeia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    About four cups of water.
    No crunchees.
    And no weight loss.

Just not feeling it. :/
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    is that the definitive list of what counts as greens? what about actual green food like peas and stuff? I have eaten:
    asparagus
    mange toute (sp?)
    baby corn and carrots (not actually green but since sweet potato isn't either, thought I'd chance it!)
    mushrooms

No pushups (sorry) or are we still on crunches?
  • farrellb2
    Options
    last nights water intake was 14 glasses of water no crunches but I did go bowling though so I got some exercise
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Oh, and in case we're still measuring water I had 18 cups today. Belt and braces :wink:
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.4 lbs this week!!! Yayyyyy me!!! It's now 157.4 First budge in a long time! And such a whopping number, too!

Already got done 200 crunches and some leg lifts, and been cleaning house all day, doing laundry, and steam-cleaned the bedroom carpet.
    Push ups start today, right? :sad:
    Ok... I'll get some done before midnight and report back :ohwell:
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    I have just done 20 man-style press ups to make myself feel better about having such a crud MFP day.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have just done 20 man-style press ups to make myself feel better about having such a crud MFP day.

You are awesome!!! I can get maybe five in before my whole body wants to collapse.
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    Good Evening all. Reporting in for the day. I had a good 2 cups of greens (spinach salad yum) and I did a form of push-up that didn't kill me. I knelt on a styrofoam half tube to protect my knees, it was placed a bit away from my sofa and I did the push-up against the edge of the sofa. Kind of middle version between a girl version and a wall version of a push-up. Anyway, I hope that's acceptable for the challenge. I did 1 set of 10 so far today.
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    For the Hogwarts Inter-House Challenge - minutes of exercise for today is 80 (plus the push-ups that only took a minute) so I guess 81 minutes is more accurate.
  • heathally
    Options
    Reporting yesterday's water and crunches.
    8 glasses of water
    12 sets of crunches. Measured my waist and it's down .25 inch. Pretty good for where I'm at.

Had a huge NSV today. About 3 years ago now I was also working hard to lose weight. I'd gotten to a certain point and was shopping for some clothes. I bought a couple of dresses that were size 8 (I was wearing 10 at the time) figuring that just about 5 more pounds and I'd get into them. Well, I never lost those 5 pounds. One dress I was sort of able to wear because it was a little looser fit, but one has hung in my closet for more than 2 years never worn...until this morning!! I put on that size 8 and it fit perfectly around the rib cage where I'd never been able to get it on at! I'm so excited...and also dreading needing to buy more clothes again. I'm pretty much broke and I don't have anything that small except these two dresses.

BTW, the new profile picture is me in THE dress :smile:
  • heathally
    Options
    See the blog post from Head of Gryffindor House for detailed information on the inter-House challenge to begin Monday, September 5th.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

Questions? Ask away!

Wait, it starts Monday? Am I misunderstanding what the blog says because I'm reading that it starts on Fridays?
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    See the blog post from Head of Gryffindor House for detailed information on the inter-House challenge to begin Monday, September 5th.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

Questions? Ask away!

Wait, it starts Monday? Am I misunderstanding what the blog says because I'm reading that it starts on Fridays?

Ooooopppps ... I thought it started already ... you're right ... I just read through it and it does say it starts on Fridays in the blog post ... sorry, now I'm more confused ...
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hey friendly hufflepuffs! I am just checking in to say that I am still here! The holiday weekend has thrown me off with visitors and such, but I am going to do my best to get back on the bandwagon this week! I need to get off my butt and start hufflepuffing my way back into gear!
  • momie0205
    Options
    I did 50 push ups 40 girlie and 10 regular. No green veggies I need to go to the store for some.
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Morning Huffles,

Up early to sneak in a little cardio before the Labor Day eating begins:drinker: Yesterday's totals:

3 cups of green veggies
    6 cups water
    20 (girlie) push ups
    60 minutes of cardio

Have a great day everyone!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options

You are awesome!!! I can get maybe five in before my whole body wants to collapse.

Thanks for the kind words :)

20 man press-ups before breakfast. More later. Just logging these now because I don't want to forget!