• NannyMagnolia
    Options
    Hey Hey Hufflepuffin ...

mzi.uwqrihgt.170x170-75.jpg
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yay! :blushing:

Now... I get to be everyone's least favorite person!! :grumble: Whoot-Hoot!!

So, I am thinking... PUSH-UPS! Yuck! Those terrible, terrible dreaded push-ups.
    (:glasses: Bright side: Like sit-ups there is a million ways to do them!)

My thoughts... Sets of 10.

Normal = Straight line from head to heel, good plank posture, hands down- further than shoulder width apart (Moving the hands changes which muscle you work...**Keep your booty down!!**)

Modified (aka girly way)= Straight line from head to knees, same with hand placement

Wall-Push-ups= Stand around 2 steps back from wall and have same posture as you would for a 'normal' one... Just push off the wall (I'd say watch a youtube video to get this right... Make sure you are making your body work!)

Maybe an extra 5 points to the person whom can do the most 'Normal' Push-ups??

What about tricept push-ups? We're not going to count them?

Yes... That was the whole point... and yet I forgot to mention it... Geez! :bigsmile:

**Placement of arms doesn't matter (just remember saftey) - I was trying to get the point across that ALL fitness Levels can do Push-Ups.

(*The idea of the extra 5 bonus points was for the one whom did the most 'normal' push-ups all week long, I know I suck at them and wanna give props to the one who can rock them out best!)

Ok, so for anyone who doesn't know, for tricept push-ups your hands are directly below the shoulders and elbows stay tucked CLOSE TO THE BODY. This way you have to engage your tricepts when you push yourself up. I think they're harder than regular push-ups, but since I do an excercise routine that utilizes them I really wanted to get credit for them!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ah! I'm so happy!

I have an NSV and I had to run back and tell everyone!

So, usually I wake up and piddle around and right before I go to get dressed, I lift up my shirt to see my belly (I despise it), to keep motivation for the day. Well, today its sorta flat-ish. Like its not bulging out like normal. I'm so excited!

That's excellent!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Right. Sit ups done - 6 sets. 89 mins of exercise. 16 glasses of water. And I ate fruit today. I never eat fruit but I managed apple and grapes.

Also, you know when you're on an exercise bike - when you pedal do you wiggle your feet up and down as your legs go round or do you just keep in one position? I have found that my ankles start to wimp out after a while of keeping them in one position but I see other people in the gym using the same technique, and the wigging method feels wrong but I may just not be used to it. Any thoughts would be read with gratitude :smile:
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Right. Sit ups done - 6 sets. 89 mins of exercise. 16 glasses of water. And I ate fruit today. I never eat fruit but I managed apple and grapes.

Also, you know when you're on an exercise bike - when you pedal do you wiggle your feet up and down as your legs go round or do you just keep in one position? I have found that my ankles start to wimp out after a while of keeping them in one position but I see other people in the gym using the same technique, and the wigging method feels wrong but I may just not be used to it. Any thoughts would be read with gratitude :smile:

i'm thinking you're not at the correct height since your ankles are falling asleep? maybe your legs, knees and ankles aren't aligned.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello Hufflepuffs! I weighed in today 209.6! I lost 1.2lbs last weeks yay! 13 cups of water today. 100 crunches. I am headed to Myrtle Beach for the Labor Day weekend, but don't worry I'll be crunching away with my 8 month old lol
  • momie0205
    Options
    Is it weigh in day? If not when is it?
  • momie0205
    Options
    10 cups of water and 400 crunches. My poor belly is feeling it tonight though.

OMG YOU GO GIRL! awesome

yestersday's totals
    125 mins cardio
    10 mins toning dvd arms
    5 mins stretching
    5 sets of crunches (2 sets on a medicine ball, 3 on the floor)
    13 cups of water

I am doing JIllian Michaels 30 day shred and there are crunches in there plus I just did some extra as well. Not all in one sitting though.

got in the scale this morning 3lbs up! argh, its all the sodium and stress eating.
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    Is it weigh in day? If not when is it?

I'm not sure that there is an exact weigh in day ... I've seen people doing it any day between Friday and Monday. I have been doing it on Saturdays.
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    I'm reporting in for the day. I drank 10 glasses of water and did no crunches. I've decided that this time around I'm going to report everything I eat and drink on my diary and be upfront and honest to get this life change done right. Okay ... this has been my worst day since I came back to MFP. I had myself a major pig out in front of the TV night ... went over on my calories ... and on the night before I weigh in. What was I thinking??? Oh well, what's done is done ... now onward from right now this second. Here's hoping the scale will be forgiving in the morning. Sweet dreams all.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I drank 13 cups of water and 325 crunches. I am thinking they are paying off my belly looks like it is getting thinner.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Reporting end of day activities :smile: :
    Mostly a rest day but I did manage to get these in :tongue:
    4 sets of 25 crunches
    45 minutes aerobics (15 of which was learning the basic moves of belly dancing on fitTV, LOL!) FUN!!)
    12 cups water :D
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Morning hufflepuffs, I woke up and slew a spider that was trespassing in my room. I only made one pathetic noise when it abseiled from the ceiling almost into my face.

Thanks for the advice on the bike darzaga, I thought I had the height correct but perhaps you're right - I may ask someone who works there to check I've got the right height.

Today I weighed in at 132 - I've lost 2.2 pounds. Going to the gym again to celebrate.

Good luck with weighing in everybody
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Good morning all! Yesterday was a tough day. I left my house at 8 in the morning and didn't return until 1:30 in the morning. Didn't exactly plan for that so both meals were eaten out with friends. It's always harder for me to control portions when I am eating and socializing. Today's weight is 149.5- down a half of a pound. Kinda wimped out on last week's challenge but I am super excited for pushups!!!

Yesterday's total-no crunches, 6 cups of wat
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    How do I add the Hufflepuff crest to my posts? I feel so lame for not knowing:embarassed:
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    How do I add the Hufflepuff crest to my posts? I feel so lame for not knowing:embarassed:

copy and paste this into your signature if you want the same one as I have but remove the spaces!
    [ img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g367/hufflepuffin/HufflepuffCrestFinal.png[/img ]
  • NannyMagnolia
    Options
    Good Morning Hufflepuffs. It's weigh in day ... I weighed in at 203.4 lbs. That's 1.5 gone this week.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    My weigh in is tomorrow! I have a wonderful weekend all!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Forgot to log my stats for 9/2... Not that there was much. No sit-ups just 12 glasses of water.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Friday: 8 cups of water, only 2 sets of crunches.

Saturday: Weigh-in! 222.8!