Options
    Wt today: 193.2

Down 3.6 this week! :)

WOW! Congratulations on your hard work!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wgt: 203

And holding! I am active after work and I'm eating my exercise calories and a bit more. I'm just hungry. My body is adjusting to holding this weight and I'm ok with that. I haven't weighed this little in 20 years, so what is there to complain about?
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    CW: 222.2!

Sorry to be gone for so long! I have been in a HUGE rut, and needed to pull myself out. I'm struggling, and lost my motivation, but I'm trying my hardest to stick with it. I hadso much motivation over the summer, now I'm back to the grind, and can't log on a lot, and just can't care less some days. I ate pizza and ice cream and cotton candy and drank my way through too much wine this last weekend. I'm just hurtin'! Time to get back at it though with the obsession that I had with it all a few months ago. I should be closer to my ccc goal by now, and I don't know if I can make it by Christmas. I'm hoping though! I hope all are doing well!

Kathy

Oh I am so with you on this.. Today I am just over it.. It being everything. Life, diet, work. Urgh. I have tried to make it easy for me at home and have plenty of quick grab and go foods but I still don't want to do it today. It was a struggle to get my vitamins in today.

I did take my vitamins and have healthy food with me today. Dinner tonight is quick and easy and I may even get out and walk after dinner to get moving. It is so hard to make this lifestyle change but with some help and support, we can do this. I don't think I will make my goal either by Christmas, but as long as I try I can be happy with that. Every step we take forward is a step in the right direction.
    Cheers, Gen

You know just writing all that out has helped me a great deal. I am so lucky to have such great friends in all of you. I feel so blessed right now and am felling better..
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 169.4. I changed my workout routine. I am doing 30 Day Shred. Day one, level 1, was today. I'm not a pushup person, so that was really hard for me. I was sweating like crazy, but it was really good. I was proud of that workout. I think I'll be still needing to do a short zumba session with it though. I didn't fit it in this morning, but may try to do one tonight. I'm going to do the 30 DS everyday, so we'll see what happens in 30 days! Hopefully, I'll be able to change levels sometime soon, but I'm not changing levels until I've mastered every move and can do it all with no problems. It's a challenge! Hopefully, this will kick start my weight loss again.

PosPow - I'm so glad to see you talk about all of the food stuff you have to do, but how you're getting through it is just amazing!! That is my weakness - our weekends! We always have so much fun stuff to do over a weekend, but it's a killer for my waistline! Friday nights - football games. I've figured out I can eat a hotdog, and I'm still OK, but then I'm starving by the time the game is over, because a hotdog just isn't cutting it!! Maybe I should take some popcorn with me? The OR smartpop kind? The kind you can eat an entire bag of and still be under calories! :happy: Saturdays - usually with friends/family or baseball games. Sundays - baseball games, but somewhat more normal. I did have a small bag of M&M's yesterday and a diet coke while there, so nothing too major. It's that friends/family time that is killing me! Last Saturday, it was over to our friends for lots of food and drinks. We did a "Food from Around the World" theme. This weekend, we have this huge BBQ party to go to in Old Shawnee (gotta love Kansas City BBQ competitions!!). Their invite was bring something fatty and fried. I'm like...OMG...seriously!? I'm taking jalapeno poppers. At least something spicy might rev up my metabolism!! I'm going to stick with diet coke that night, so I'll be the one driving us.

Anyway, I've got to figure out how to get through my weekends! You did really good on that last post I read (only 5 chips and 3 with dip!) WOW!! Serve me up some of your will power girl!

Thanks sooooo much! I ready can't say what has happened to me!!! My mind is made up and I am going for it! With the weekends try to exercise as much as you can to earn extra calories. Try to bring the healthy snack and allow yourself a taste of things. Gosh I know how dangerous that can be!!! But if you deprive yourself and just eat carrot sticks you will end up saying screw it and eating everything that's infront of you. (That's what I would do) HAve a bite here and there then walk away from the food table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! far away. That's what's working for me right now - I hope it helps!!!!

Also maybe think of all of us being there with you pulling you from the food table, or how good you will feel reporting the success you had eating under control.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!! ;)

Thanks friend! Great advice. I'm going to copy it and send it to myself in an email so I can read it on my phone on Friday night. :flowerforyou:
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OMG...can I just say OMG?!? :noway: (Oh my gosh). I'm so much more out of shape than what I thought. Here I am, doing Zumba Zumba Zumba and loving it :heart: , but thought to myself, I had kind of stalled out losing weight, so let's try something new and I bought the 30 Day Shred. I started it yesterday.

Holy cow my legs, arms, back, abs...they are SORE! Ugh...what a great (and difficult) feeling I have today. I will admit, I did NOT do my workout this morning, but only because I ended up going to bed way too late (kids have a tendency to make you stay up no matter how old they are), BUT I am going to do it tonight. I'm going to PUSH THROUGH IT tonight and tell myself, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" or something like that. :huh:

So, if you're looking for something that will really just kick your butt into gear, try it. It was only $9.50 at Target, and needless to say, I lost 1.7 pounds from yesterday to today and thought I was only about 45 calories under my goal?? I don't have an HRM though, so I'm just logging it as calisthenics vigorous.

If you don't want to try 30 DS, but have stalled out (like I have), just try something new. Mixing it up will probably help you get back into loss mode again, because your body adjusts to the same old routine, so just mix it up a bit and have some fun! This is what it's all about! Well, fun and some pain, but mostly fun! :wink:

I'll let you all know how I'm doing by day 5. I started on Level 1, but hopefully, once I get through this level (10 to 15 days??), I'll be able to move onto Level 2 and then eventually Level 3. Hang in there everybody and keep groovin! :smile:

~Christine
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    CW: 222

I couldn't post on the old thread an I just saw that there was a new one so here's my weigh in. Things are getting better for me. I jut need to stick with it so I can reach my birthday goal or at least be close to it! I'm ready to get my butt in gear. Full speed ahead!!
  • LoriSteib
    LoriSteib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CW 170 - in maintenance mode, it appears!!
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    I need a good *kitten* kicking right now!!! I'm so upset with myself. I was doing soo
    Good with the 30ds and what did I do, I rook a
    Rest day, that has turned into not doing it for almost a week!!! I'm going to have to start all over again because
    I'm a lazy *kitten*!! Grrr I'm so upset with myself! I always do this I always start off good and then just stop !! Please ccc I need a good *kitten* kicking to get my butt in gear ! I'm tired Of being a fat lazy quitter, so how do I change?!?!?
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    I need a good *kitten* kicking right now!!! I'm so upset with myself. I was doing soo
    Good with the 30ds and what did I do, I rook a
    Rest day, that has turned into not doing it for almost a week!!! I'm going to have to start all over again because
    I'm a lazy *kitten*!! Grrr I'm so upset with myself! I always do this I always start off good and then just stop !! Please ccc I need a good *kitten* kicking to get my butt in gear ! I'm tired Of being a fat lazy quitter, so how do I change?!?!?

Sounds like my story. You must be my long lost twin.
    I quit 30ds as well and feel the same way. I vowed to start again on the 25th. I picked the 25th because I will taking new measurements at that time anyway. I don't know how to answer your question about how to get your butt in gear because that is a struggle with me as well. I just keep trying and hope that one day I will succeed and than it will get easier. Quiting is just not an option.
  • cohawk11
    Options
    CW: 136

Sorry my post is late, Jenn!

I've been reading the posts and so many of us seem so down and disappointed in ourselves, in our efforts, in our lack of motivation, etc. While I know it's important to work hard and stay focused on our goals, I also think it's crucial to stay as positive as possible and to work hard at being kind to ourselves! We can be our own worst critics, and think and say things to/about ourselves that we wouldn't dream of thinking or saying to/about others because we would not want to hurt their feelings, but we all have feelings, too, and what we think and say to/about ourselves MATTERS and AFFECTS our self esteem. So, I just want to wish everyone a GREAT week, and please hang in there -- we're all in this together!! :flowerforyou:
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options

I've been reading the posts and so many of us seem so down and disappointed in ourselves, in our efforts, in our lack of motivation, etc. While I know it's important to work hard and stay focused on our goals, I also think it's crucial to stay as positive as possible and to work hard at being kind to ourselves! We can be our own worst critics, and think and say things to/about ourselves that we wouldn't dream of thinking or saying to/about others because we would not want to hurt their feelings, but we all have feelings, too, and what we think and say to/about ourselves MATTERS and AFFECTS our self esteem. So, I just want to wish everyone a GREAT week, and please hang in there -- we're all in this together!! :flowerforyou:

Good advice!! Be forgiving of yourself. I have been trying to make the exercise part of my routine like brushing my teeth so that I don't ask myself if I want to or feel like exercising. Too many times I give myself the wrong answer to those questions. If I just do it without giving myself the opportunity to say no then it is done, and I feel better for doing it. I think this is a quote from Bob the Builder ... Can we do it??? Yes, we can!!!! After you have forgiven yourself, then just get up and get started. We are cheering you on!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One way I keep going with exercise is I find I have to be accountable. For me I just finished a 9 week challenge on Wii Active. They let you know when you miss workouts and there is a set finish date. I knew I had to make up the workouts fairly quickly. Just having the silly game know that I missed workouts and letting me know when the ending date was, kept me on track. I did not want to reach the end date with missing workouts.
    I believe that's why mfp works for me. It makes me that much more accountable. And this group helps even more.
    Hope this helps.
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I have a workout partner that I meet at the gym every morning, if I don't go she will be by herself. Don't want to let her down so I get up and go no matter how much I don't want to.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Please do not post to this thread. It is now dead and continued at the link below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/348221-christmas-countdown-challenge-closed-week-9
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    CW: 222.2!

Sorry to be gone for so long! I have been in a HUGE rut, and needed to pull myself out. I'm struggling, and lost my motivation, but I'm trying my hardest to stick with it. I hadso much motivation over the summer, now I'm back to the grind, and can't log on a lot, and just can't care less some days. I ate pizza and ice cream and cotton candy and drank my way through too much wine this last weekend. I'm just hurtin'! Time to get back at it though with the obsession that I had with it all a few months ago. I should be closer to my ccc goal by now, and I don't know if I can make it by Christmas. I'm hoping though! I hope all are doing well!

Kathy

I can relate, Kathy. Cuz I'm right there with you!
    The only difference is I"ve been logging my calories in and out every day. But I haven't been using the boards for support. I need to get back into that.
    The problem is I have to sit at the computer to do that and I've been trying to stay away from the computer to get more active. I can stay away from computer but have I gotten any more active?? NO!!!
    So... let's get motivated together!!!
    We can STILL do this!!!