30 DAY SHRED! Beginning tomorrow 9/1.

Options
Is anyone else out there planning to start the 30-Day Shred tomorrow? I am, and I am so ready to get my bum kicked. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're interested in being a support/complaint buddy. ;) I've already taken photos and measurements. We'll see how it goes.

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    yep - I am going to do it too. Have you doe it before? have you watched it?
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    I just bought it! I'll try it with you! I was looking for people to try it with. :smile:
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll throw my hat into this ring!

Measurements will be put in tomorrow! What do you all use to measure? Tape measure? Where have you gotten your implements of doom?
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow too! Taking photos and measurements, feel free to add me so we can support each other along the way!!
  • jmp1079
    Options
    I started it this past Sun and have done 3 days so far. So need motivation to continue though!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I would but I am currently doing it... haha.. I'm half way... GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Its hard, but do not quit! You won't regret it!!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Jennyisbusy, I've done it before but only for a few days (lol). I am to do all three levels in 30 days this time around. I read someone's blog online that said the first 10 days is TOO easy, the second set of 10 days is just right, and the third set is TOO HARD - and she's an in-shape woman, AHHH. So, we'll see how it goes.
  • katasticpark
    Options
    My sister and I just decided to do a Jillian Michaels challenge, starting today too~! :)

We're mixing it up a bit though! We're gonna do the Shred and alternate with her Six Week 6-Pack video. :D Here's to the next 30 amazing days!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    What is this shred you fine people speak of?
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What is this shred you fine people speak of?

Its a dvd exercise video by Jillian Michaels. Its 30 days and 3 levels. So 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 and 10 days at level 3. Unless you need to do level 1 for longer or whatever. Make it work for you. :)
  • julescromer
    Options
    How do you could the 30 Day Shred in MFP?
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I should start this with you. I've done 12 days straight before and I alternate level 1 and 2 a couple days a week on days I don't run. I've never done level 3. I would love to see if I can tone up enough to be noticeable in 30 days of Shred. I will take pics and measurements tomorrow morning along with my starting weight.

It's on! We can do it!
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I ordered it on Monday and it still hasnt arrived! But I'll be starting the day I have it in my hands, and will defs need some people to complain to! Haha
  • kimyettar
    Options
    I was planning on starting this tomorrow. It would be great to have some support or like others have said people to complain to :wink: . Here we go! We can do it!
  • edaneer
    Options
    Just got the DVD last week, so I'm in. My only concern is each workout is only 20 mins. long. Is that enough exercise? Or are you planning to supplement it?
  • SabrinaNorton70
    SabrinaNorton70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok I wanna do it- Ive had the video sitting here for months unwrapped.....so will we be able to see this link? to be able to check in with each other? how to do this? thank you all!

Sabrina
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You should be able to find us under the 'my topics' section after you click on community. :)
  • lornawalker
    Options
    I started it this morning, so count me in. I found it hard so I need the motivation and support to get me to the 30th day. I will post my weight and measurements later this evening as I need to go out and purchase a tape measure. Good Luck to us all :happy:
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD and weights today and am ready to get my butt kicked tomorrow. I should probably take measurements before then...

I've heard some people say to ignore the scale while doing 30ds and just focus on the inches, but I am sort of scale-obsessed so this will be hard. Anyone else ditching the scale?

Bring it on September :)
  • lalasmar
    lalasmar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How are people recording the exercise? How many calories do you normally burn? I have tried to find some of the dvds that I have done, but couldnt find them in the exercise tracker and then didnt know what to put down.