30 DAY SHRED! Beginning tomorrow 9/1.

Options

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    tomorrow will be L2D4 (level 2 day 4) of 30ds.....level 2 is kick-*kitten*.....so just start it, keep up the fight and dont give up=)
  • elissaszoo
    Options
    pardon my ignorance, but what is the 30 days shred? I've seen it mentioned before. Thx
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Did my Level 1 Day 4 today.
    It was amazing! I really worked it out.
    My day 1 was good.
    Day 2 kicked my butt and I hurt my arm.
    Day 3 had to take it easy on the arm, so I didn't use weights.
    Today - Day 4 I was back in full force and felt I got the best workout from it yet :)
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! 4 days down, 26 to go! Already feeling slimmer and fitter!

I made a little calendar to track my workouts... cross them out as you do them! :)

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5Jz2BRGU3piMmFlOTExMjQtNzA1My00NWE3LWI3NWItZGNjNWViNzRlZjhk&hl=en_US
  • SB2100
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred since April for my wedding which was Aug. 6, 2011. Due to a bad knee i could never get passed level 1 bc my knee couldnt handle it and i didnt want to go down the aisle in a wheelchair!! I lost 25 pounds and went from a size 16 wedding dress to a size 10!!! I was also using my fitness pal logging my calories and that helped so much!! I like eating healthy and it also helps when i want a snack, i can choose one that wont put me in the red but will satisfy my horrible sweet tooth. This is my frst time using the website, i have been just doing it on my phone for my eyes only, but after reading everyones posts and seeing how supportive and motivating everyone is i think i will be on here more often. Especially with this 30 day shred blog, its exciting and will be nice to know that people are going thru the same things with this workout that i am!!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    My hubby and me decided to try level 2 on day 4 today. Wowza - now I wanna go back and do level 1 while my body thinks about level 2 :)
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Please, for the love of god, tell me my thighs will stop burning any day now. And damn the person that came up with jumping jacks...
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I am about to start day five! I am doing each level each day and it is a killer! BUT I feel GREAT afterwards. I don't feel like it is burning enough though, so today I am off swimming!

I complete my workout upstairs and when I walk down afterwards I struggle to get down stairs and walk like John Wayne! hahahaha

I am wondering though whether me doing it three times a day are going to give me three times the toning! We will see with the before and after photos!

Is anyone else taking photos before and after?
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    For those that dont want to buy the DVD right away, I am doing mine on On Demand under Evercise TV. I have Verizon, but a friend of mine has it on Comcast Cable also. The only problem is that it is only Level 1, but I just didnt want it to stop me from starting today.

I have bright house and they offer 1 and 2 on demand

I did level one today this is my second day.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am about to start day five! I am doing each level each day and it is a killer! BUT I feel GREAT afterwards. I don't feel like it is burning enough though, so today I am off swimming!

I complete my workout upstairs and when I walk down afterwards I struggle to get down stairs and walk like John Wayne! hahahaha

I am wondering though whether me doing it three times a day are going to give me three times the toning! We will see with the before and after photos!

You are crazy!!!
  • reneelee
    Options

[/quote

You are either crazy or you rock! I took my first before photos and i took measurements and weighed myself. I want to see this through and can use some support friend me if you need support as well : ) .
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late, i started yesterday 9/4, and did day 2 today, my arms and abs hurt the worst, and the jumping jacks are the hardest thing for me to get through for some reason, I find it odd because I started couch to 5k first and can run for at least a minute straight at a time. I decided to do 30DS first because I really want to lose some inches. I didn't measure first, but I did take pics when I started this again, about 2 weeks ago! I really hope I can stick with it, this is my first time on the shred. Good luck to everyone!
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 this morning and then rode my stationary bike for 20 minutes. Sunday's are my rest day so I didn't do Shred yesterday.
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hows everyone going? i did day2 level1 this morning - had such a hard time sleeping last night because my muscles were so sore! lol - and can feel the burn today, although i dont know if i did a good a job as yesterday. ive got a little calender i mark off the days on, hopefully that and staying accountable on here will get me through the 30 days!
  • rhearose
    Options
    im no longer sore..amazing! day5 of level 1
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm on day 6 and feeling great fitness wise... my only issue is my knee is really sore. Anyone else finding the 30 Day Slim really tolling on the knees? I had reconstructive knee surgery at 16 replacing my ACL and repairing two tears in my medial meniscus. I'm not new to knee pain; whenever I get into an intense workout regimen, it begins to hurt, but it's been REALLY sore since I've started 3DS. I'm thinking it's those side lunges that are really doing me in... may have to switch those to wide leg squats or something. :/ I always feel like such a noob wearing my knee brace to the gym, but I'm going to have to start wearing it on the treadmill and in PUMP classes for extra support. Ice will be my best friend this September because I am NOT quitting!
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I did L1D5 today and I am not sore at all! I can tell I'm already able to do more reps of everything, esp. those squat presses and pushups. I'm kind of looking forward to L2 to change it up a little, but will keep to the 10-days-of-each-level program.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of level 1 not that sore anymore!!! I feel great I love jillian she's awesome! But yes she does make my knees hurt! ; ( but o well I won't stop till day 30 I'm also doing ripped in 30 so I'm doing 2 of jillians DVDs it's around 20 min each I wanna see results I hope I have some good ones like I see ppl here have I wanna see muscles and abs ..... Ok 25 more days to go!!!
  • reneelee
    Options
    Day three level one, Jillian is kicking my butt!
  • olivedrab
    olivedrab Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm on day 6 and feeling great fitness wise... my only issue is my knee is really sore. Anyone else finding the 30 Day Slim really tolling on the knees? I had reconstructive knee surgery at 16 replacing my ACL and repairing two tears in my medial meniscus. I'm not new to knee pain; whenever I get into an intense workout regimen, it begins to hurt, but it's been REALLY sore since I've started 3DS. I'm thinking it's those side lunges that are really doing me in... may have to switch those to wide leg squats or something. :/ I always feel like such a noob wearing my knee brace to the gym, but I'm going to have to start wearing it on the treadmill and in PUMP classes for extra support. Ice will be my best friend this September because I am NOT quitting!

I've also been feeling 30DS in my knees, especially my knee with ACL issues. I've started to just go very gently on the lunges on that side, and that seems to be taking care of a lot of the issue. Of course, I am also very focused on form during the squats, just to be sure I don't stress the knee. My goal is to keep going as long as possible, while paying close attention to my knees and stopping if needbe.