30 DAY SHRED! Beginning tomorrow 9/1.

Options

Replies

• olivedrab
    olivedrab Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just did the first day, and then found this topic when I came to read more about what folks had to say. I didn't find Day 1 too bad, but maybe that's because I was a weenie and didn't use weights this time. I'll use them tomorrow, but I wanted to try it first just following along.

I'll be happy to check in here from time to time, but realistically it will probably be closer to 40 day shred for me...
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started it today! Great workout! Anybody know how to categorize it for the exercise entry? MVP said I burned 182 calories as general aerobics in 20 minutes, which is great. I still need to exercise more to meet my calorie burn goal though. Is general aerobics the right category?

I usually burn with my HRM telling me 190 but everyone is different. I used to burn 220 with level 1 but maybe since I am in more shape this time, i loose less? Level 2 I burn more but exactly sure how much more since I haven't done it in awihle.

If anyone of you have comcast level 1 is on demand under the excercise TV sectiono.
  • kimyettar
    Options
    Day 1 down. Great job everybody. Jillian kicked my butt, it was all good though.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would love to but Is it something you have to buy like a dvd. I just never heard of it till now. Is it the same as insanity shred? Please help!!!

It's the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. Google it. U can get it at Walmart, Target, amazon for around $10.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started it today! Great workout! Anybody know how to categorize it for the exercise entry? MVP said I burned 182 calories as general aerobics in 20 minutes, which is great. I still need to exercise more to meet my calorie burn goal though. Is general aerobics the right category?
    Log it as circuit training.
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training.

Or if you have a HRM you can add it in yourself.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Just did day one. Not sure if i am going all the way though i want to switch it up with ripped in thirty on some days when i get bored. I love 30 day shred though it works!
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I use a HRM and usually goes to 26 min or so and I burn about 218 Cal I am 5"6, 185 lbs. Everyone will burn different depending on their effort and weight and size tho!
  • FancyJumper
    Options
    I started yesterday because I plan to skip tomorrow... but yeah my thighs are already sore after two days! lol... I have done the workouts before but never 30 days in a row... back when I did them about 3 times a week I even started seeing results then, so I am excited to see what I can do this time!
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I bought this a week ago and after the first day, I was so sore I couldn't do it again the next day. I'm going to try it again starting tomorrow and be a little more consistent (aka do it more than just the first day). I'm going to need some serious motivation because I lack muscle strength and Jillian's routine was really tough! I've seen some AMAZING before and after pictures though on another thread, so I'll keep checking that to motivate me. Good luck to all on this challenge!
  • rhearose
    Options
    Just did day 2 level 1...can't wait to share changes with you guys.
  • lalasmar
    lalasmar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Woke up SORE this morning...my back, my thighs, my arms......going to pop in two advil so I can get thru the workout this morning. If I dont do it as soon as I wake up, Ill keep putting it off all day.
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Day 2 completed, arms and thighs very sore!! I wont let it beat me, bring it on!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I have done this shred before. It worked great for me. But I moved house and have not got back into the groove again. Hopefully joining this group will get me back into action. Goodluck.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to encourage you all... you'll probably be sore for about 3 days, but day four was the turn around for me. push through and you'll be SO glad you did! :-)
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    I bought this a week ago and after the first day, I was so sore I couldn't do it again the next day. I'm going to try it again starting tomorrow and be a little more consistent (aka do it more than just the first day). I'm going to need some serious motivation because I lack muscle strength and Jillian's routine was really tough! I've seen some AMAZING before and after pictures though on another thread, so I'll keep checking that to motivate me. Good luck to all on this challenge!

Just keep going! I find once you start moving the pain goes about 80% away and i actually feel better the next day after working out. when you stop you hurt for days.
  • olivedrab
    Options
    For those of you who've done this video before--did you experience any stiffness in your back muscles the following day? My arms and legs are fine, but I've been feeling like a granny as I hobble around today...

I did keep an eye on my form in a mirror (as much as possible, given the pace of things) so I don't think I was doing anything incorrectly.
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    Yes. Try to keep an eye on your form you dont want to pull you back out. I am sore all over in general for the first few days of each workout.
  • olivedrab
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance! I've heard lots of good things about 30DS, but also seen plenty of warnings about people getting hurt, etc. That's why I set up so I could see the mirror and also did the first day with no weights.

I guess I'll try Day 2 later then...sigh.
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    I pull out the full length mirror too. I set it next to the tv. It really does help! :)