BL Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    On the Biggest Loser they eat I think around 1400 calories for the girls and about 1800 for the guys and they burn a ton though. I forget how much they said they burn but its several thousand. I am happy when I burn my 500 for the day.

Connie
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Where are all of our blue team members? I hope that everyone is having a great healthy day and accomplishing all of their goals and challenges. Lets keep up all of the great work. Weigh in is coming up! Lets all be big losers this week!!!:happy:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    There are a few of us lurking around! :laugh: Hello. :flowerforyou:

I have been doing well with my food and water every day I've been off work. Exercise has been another story. I've been doing a lot of heavy housework, though, so I've been counting that. I missed the gym today, though, because I went to visit my cousin's new baby girl. :heart: But, tomorrow on my lunch break, I'll be heading to the fitness room at work as usual. I feel like I've lost a little bit of weight this week; I usually weigh-in on Monday's, but I'm going to try to hold out to Wednesday this week!

Go blue!! I think this is the first time in my life I actually want to be a loser and I'm happy to be blue! :laugh:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Does anyone know of some good fitness/exercise channels on Direct TV?

Channel 261 on Directv is the fitness channel. They show lots of different ones on there. There are cooking shows along with workouts also. If you have DVR you can always record one and then do it.

Connie
    I found it, thanks!
  • chickadee10
    Options
    On the Biggest Loser they eat I think around 1400 calories for the girls and about 1800 for the guys and they burn a ton though. I forget how much they said they burn but its several thousand. I am happy when I burn my 500 for the day.

Connie
    500 calories? I'm lucky if I burn 180 a day. But I just count my walking on the tredmill, so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Ah Supper was so good tonight. I made my own breakfast sandwichs. I used whole wheat english muffins with a piece of cheese and an egg for each one. Yummy is all i have to say. I had two of them. I was also able to workout today to the 30day shred and I burned 823 calories. Im so proud of myself. I was still sore from the other day but I made it through. I have free pizzas waiting for me but I resisted the temptation and told my husband no another time.

Good job everyone today. Cheers. :drinker:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Awesome job at resisting tempation!!!!

Well I have almost drank all my water today but only eat 550 calories today, I know it is bad but I just can't stomach eating, hate being sick!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Awesome job at resisting tempation!!!!

Well I have almost drank all my water today but only eat 550 calories today, I know it is bad but I just can't stomach eating, hate being sick!

Feel better soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    Options
    I was curious as to if we can start a thread about the challenges also for our team. We have so many pages on this thread I dont know what challenges we are doing LOL. Just a thought, or if someone wants to put them down for me on here. I saw that I think we are doing an exercise and nutrition one each week but not sure what they are.

Connie
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I was curious as to if we can start a thread about the challenges also for our team. We have so many pages on this thread I dont know what challenges we are doing LOL. Just a thought, or if someone wants to put them down for me on here. I saw that I think we are doing an exercise and nutrition one each week but not sure what they are.

Connie

Sounds like a great idea! Here ya go!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33917-bl-blue-team-challenges
  • connieq288
    Options
    Thank you
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    if they eat 1400 cals and burn thousands, are we eating too much? I ate about 1800 calories today (with workout calories becomes 1200) but I feel like I ate more than I should have. Should we not eat our excersise cals?

My proposed challenge (because I want to make it really tough like the show)
    Is that for 2 days we eat only 1000 per day, including workout cals.

My workout challenge is all of us do jumprope, and report back and let's see who went the longest. The winner gets to call the next workout challenge.

Is this too extreme? If anyone is in, try to post your jumprope time by 10pm tom night, by 11 we will determine winner. The rules are that you can't stop the hopping, even if rope gets tangled, you record the time that you keep hopping and jumping. It could be as little as 30 seconds.

Sorry if too extreme just ideas.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    if they eat 1400 cals and burn thousands, are we eating too much? I ate about 1800 calories today (with workout calories becomes 1200) but I feel like I ate more than I should have. Should we not eat our excersise cals?

My workout challenge is all of us do jumprope, and report back and let's see who went the longest. The winner gets to call the next workout challenge.

Is this too extreme? If anyone is in, try to post your jumprope time by 10pm tom night, by 11 we will determine winner. The rules are that you can't stop the hopping, even if rope gets tangled, you record the time that you keep hopping and jumping. It could be as little as 30 seconds.

lol the jumprope challenge is going to be hard for us big breasted ladies... i guess ill double sports bra it...
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Man oh MAN am I sore today! :noway: All those pushups and stuff really got me. :laugh:

Feeling good about today so far. Woke up a little late, but oh well. I'll be doing plyometrics after work today and then I have a whoooole lot of school to get done.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I've seen challenges and I posted one on the challenge thread that we could get started on wed. I think we should pick a challenge and go with it it seems like there's a lot of good ones but one hasn't been decided on. I think either way what ever challenge we do that's exercise related we should have an easy and hard one because I've seen a few comments on not everyone can do certain things or there fitness level is a beginner. What does anyone else think is that a good idea or not? I'm up for some butt busting challenges. But I understand other can't. Not only that but I think I hit a wall I've been pushing it but I can't get past 161 lbs. I'm starting to get mad. Any suggestions?
  • connieq288
    Options
    well I did my step class this morning and burned 550 calories and I just played the wii sports for 19 minutes and I burned 126 calories doing that. The boxing is what really raises my heartrate on that one.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    well I did my step class this morning and burned 550 calories and I just played the wii sports for 19 minutes and I burned 126 calories doing that. The boxing is what really raises my heartrate on that one.

YOU ROCK CONNIE!!! ok,just skipping by and saying hey to a fellow biggest loser team member...i miss not 'seeing' you everyday...good luck blue team:flowerforyou: OH,i forgot to tell you that I absolutely :heart: your avatar,so adorable!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Oh I had such a hard time getting motivated today!!!! But, after coming here & checking the posts I knew that I couldn't let my team down!!!

I'm happy to report that I finished my tread mill workout - the machine says I burned 436 calories but I don't know how accurate it is. It doesn't ask for my weight or anything but it is all I have to go on!

I'll also be starting week 3 of the 100 push up challenge!

Good luck to all of you & thank you for being here!:smile:
  • chickadee10
    Options

lol the jumprope challenge is going to be hard for us big breasted ladies... i guess ill double sports bra it...
    I agree.
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I walked for an hour on the tredmill yesterday and I have blisters on my feet from not wearing shoes. :(