BL Blue Team WEEK 1

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone our family was in town today for my sons doctor appointment and he sprung on me lets go to applebees. :noway: And I can't say no. So we went. I did so good I made sure to have something off of the weight watchers menu :drinker: and I didn't have dessert :bigsmile: I had a couple of fries that were my sons because OMG they are so good at applebees. SO I did a great job. Im so proud of myself. O by the way I also only had water. :drinker: I have the biggest loser recording on my DVR and Im catching up now. Great job everyone.
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    hi everyone. Please keep up all this great work. Today, I tried doing 30 day shred, which is just half an hour, and I basically tanked after 10 minutes. I am so depressed that I honestly think there is something wrong with me! Everything hurt. I have been great with food, I lost a good amount for my first week, but what workout can I do that I can actually get through it? Just walk? Thanks for the help in advance!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hi Blue Team!

I met all my goals for today except for taking the dog for a walk - cold + rainy here.

I went to the gym after work and did Jillian's Winning by Losing work out - my abs are sore already!!

Good luck to every one on their weigh-ins! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. Please keep up all this great work. Today, I tried doing 30 day shred, which is just half an hour, and I basically tanked after 10 minutes. I am so depressed that I honestly think there is something wrong with me! Everything hurt. I have been great with food, I lost a good amount for my first week, but what workout can I do that I can actually get through it? Just walk? Thanks for the help in advance!

Don't give up! This is a process! It's going to take time to get yourself to working up to Jillian's standards!! I haven't done "the shred" but I hear it's tough!! You can & you will do this!!
    If you're looking for something not so intense, I loved doing the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds videos. You'll see & feel yourself getting stronger & stronger & you'll know when you're ready for something more challenging!
  • mrwatson
    Options
    zahrab,

I, too, tried the 30 day shred yesterday and hated EVERY minute of it. If my spouse hadn't challenged me, I definitely would have quit within a few minutes. I am sore today and really don't care to do that again...even if the workout is only 27 minutes.

I had previously tried Taebo Cardio and intially had trouble with all the funky moves. First day, I quit after about 15 minutes. After doing it 3 or 4 days in a row, I was finally able to catch on and make it through with minimal rest breaks. I received a HRM for Christmas and I burned over 300 calories with this workout.

I was bummed to find out that I only burned about 200 doing Level 1 of 30 Day Shred AND I was miserable the whole way through! It was just too hard on my joints. I am not sure if I will try to push through it another day or two to see if it gets any easier.

I think there is a lot of trial and error in finding a workout that you enjoy and gives you the right amount of a challenge/calorie burn:)
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! We can do this! One thing I started doing that seemed to work was to work out in some way while I am watching the biggest loser. Like doing sit-ups orlifting weights or using the exercise ball in some way. It sure helped me to watch other people struggling WAY more than me. LETS DO THIS!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well guys....tomorrow morning is weigh-in! You ready for week 2!?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34317-bl-blue-team-week-2
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was happy with myself today too. I think the weigh in has me motivated! :happy: I went to the gym and did the cardio and the weight machines. I need to learn how to do the free weight stuff. I did two bottles of water and will try for more tomorrow. :ohwell:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone our family was in town today for my sons doctor appointment and he sprung on me lets go to applebees. :noway: And I can't say no. So we went. I did so good I made sure to have something off of the weight watchers menu :drinker: and I didn't have dessert :bigsmile: I had a couple of fries that were my sons because OMG they are so good at applebees. SO I did a great job. Im so proud of myself. O by the way I also only had water. :drinker: I have the biggest loser recording on my DVR and Im catching up now. Great job everyone.

I love applebees too. And I have learned that the Weight Watchers food on the menu is great and super guilt free.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I did get me a pretty good walk in today and I registered for class this morning...:smile:

We won't give up on you as long as you don't give up on us! :flowerforyou: We can do it.
    THANKS! I''m not giving up on my team...and it is nice to know that you haven't given up on me:smile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hey blah...we won't give up on you! :flowerforyou: You're back and that's what counts!

As for myself...I haven't done the greatest either. I was so afraid that I had gained over the weight I had reported...which was the day before Christmas! And I know I ate too much and wasn't tracking my food for over a week. Fortunately, I weighed this morning (since I am finally home to my scale and shed some water weight), and I'm back to about the same. I am planning on heading to the gym tonight and get back on the bandwagon!

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and there were tons of fresh fruits & veggies on sale!! And I did just like rachael ray says....I washed them all as soon as I got home! I even chopped the entire bunch of celery so I have plenty of celery sticks to snack on now. I also took the dog on 2 walks yesterday!

Oh, and who else is pumped for the BL premiere tomorrow?!
    Thanks Shar! Keep up the good work!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hey Team! I went to the gym today and did a little upper and lower body...and i walked BEAR, my siste's dog, for about 40 minutes and we even jogged a little in between!.....overall pretty good day!...i hope we all have an even more productive week 2 :smile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hi Team....I hope you all had a good day...I had a chance to get about an hour walk in today...