Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    couple of quick NSV's - noticed my new coat is baggy :) bought at a size 18 (uk) and was snug when I bought it :) now loose and my joggers are hangin on me :) so pleased :) weighing tomorrow so praying the scales will be kind too
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Getting really scared and nervous about my biopsy later today. So much so I can't sleep! My sister says it hurts and you are really crampy after. On top of the fact that I am so scared I feel like the family has completely forgotten about me. I know they are worried about lynnshea my sister in law and the kids but I need some support too! It's funny they all talk about keeping their family and friends closer after my brothers passing but it seems like I am the first to be let go and left behind and forgotten! Unless I am in their face on a daily basis I am out of sight out of mind! I'm so scared!!!!!!!!!

it will be ok =) It's ok to be scared...and I'm sure they haven't forgotten about you....It's just you guys have allot going on right now.. Don't worry, we are here when you need us.....Prayers with you, God Bless:flowerforyou:
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi All--

Sorry I have been MIA lately-- WORK has been nutso and eating hasn't been great... I'm trying to stay away from the scale until Friday...
    On a positive note, I did 4 miles on the elipitical Saturday...
    Woohoo... The half marathon is 7 weeks away! Gotta keep moving!

Congrats to all the successes!
    Keep on keeping on to those struggling.

I promise to be a more faithful member this week and the following...

Have a great Tuesday! :):glasses: :drinker:
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for the new thread. I have the grumpies today and all your positive posts are helping - thank you
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's doing good this weekend. I haven't had a chance to really look through everyones post. Been busy trying to make myself work lol.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hello family, well the biopsy is over now I just have to wait for the results. Might be a week for them but the doctor is pretty confident that we are not looking at cancer but rather just acute inflamation due to the HPV. Will know for sure when the results come back but right now I am just a little tender down there and feeling a bit like the bottem has fallen out if you know what I mean. A bit crampy as well. Going to go to bed here soon just wanted to let you all know that it looks like I will have a good result from it. Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes it really means a lot to me.

Love you all,
    Renee
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Getting really scared and nervous about my biopsy later today. So much so I can't sleep! My sister says it hurts and you are really crampy after. On top of the fact that I am so scared I feel like the family has completely forgotten about me. I know they are worried about lynnshea my sister in law and the kids but I need some support too! It's funny they all talk about keeping their family and friends closer after my brothers passing but it seems like I am the first to be let go and left behind and forgotten! Unless I am in their face on a daily basis I am out of sight out of mind! I'm so scared!!!!!!!!!

***hugs***
  • ADTeachTX
    Options
    Checking in...doing well on the water. Work is crazy but I am managing. That is all. :) Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry, I haven't gotten a chance to post much lately. My starting weight is 228 this week. I think I ave finally busted through the plateau!!!!!! :happy:

Im alive but have been battling a raspy throat, Ugh :sad: So, I hope everyone is powering through and making strides in their progress.

P.S. Thanks VIRGO for posting my weight on the spreadsheet yesterday. You rock! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Hello family, well the biopsy is over now I just have to wait for the results. Might be a week for them but the doctor is pretty confident that we are not looking at cancer but rather just acute inflamation due to the HPV. Will know for sure when the results come back but right now I am just a little tender down there and feeling a bit like the bottem has fallen out if you know what I mean. A bit crampy as well. Going to go to bed here soon just wanted to let you all know that it looks like I will have a good result from it. Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes it really means a lot to me.

Love you all,
    Renee

awesome - keep us posted and get some rest, you will be back up and at em in no time, but you will want to wear a liner for a couple of days
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Glad I found you guys! How's everyone doing today? :flowerforyou:
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Since it's recipe Wednesday here's a recipe I just tried to get rid of some of my extra zucchini.

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ c. Butter
    1 c. Sugar
    1 Egg
    1 t. Vanilla
    3 c. Flour
    2 t. Cinnamon
    2 t. Baking powder
    ½ t. Salt
    1 ½ c. Chopped Zucchini
    ¾ c. Chocolate Chips
    ¼ c. Chopped Walnuts

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheets.
    2. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the zucchini.
    3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to mixture.
    4. Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
    5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

** Note ** The cookies never browned for me. They were done but they just never darkened.

The recipe should make about 3 1/2 dozen cookies. The cookies were cake-like and a little lacking in flavor but they were also only about 72 calories. Can't beat that!

018.jpg
  • caroltina
    Options
    Hia all so the 10 day pan came to an end and I weighed - I LOST 8 LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't had loss like that for a year! 6 stone 5lb off in total now or 89lb. I am so happy I can not express. Let's hope it continues - I will not be stopping, learnt loads of lessons e.g
    1. Plan your meals at least the day before and STICK TO IT (as much as poss)
    2. Last meal of the day doesn't need carbs!
    3. 5 smaller meals are better and I get less hungry
    4. Protein doesn't mean high cal.
    5. Protein shakes are helpful to recovery after the gym.
    I feel so well, so full of energy, a fab change for me
  • caroltina
    Options
    can someone post a link to the spread sheet
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    ************* Don't forget to enter you weight for last week *******************

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnInOlpiuL1mdC1lU1U5aWloS256ei16c3lPX2Q1UWc&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hia all so the 10 day pan came to an end and I weighed - I LOST 8 LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't had loss like that for a year! 6 stone 5lb off in total now or 89lb. I am so happy I can not express. Let's hope it continues - I will not be stopping, learnt loads of lessons e.g
    1. Plan your meals at least the day before and STICK TO IT (as much as poss)
    2. Last meal of the day doesn't need carbs!
    3. 5 smaller meals are better and I get less hungry
    4. Protein doesn't mean high cal.
    5. Protein shakes are helpful to recovery after the gym.
    I feel so well, so full of energy, a fab change for me

So proud of you! That's an amazing loss! I missed what you were doing for those 10 days though... insight? Maybe I'd like to try it! LOL!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'll be a little AWOL here for the next several days. Hurray! Vacation! Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll check in when I can, and definitely Monday!

---

Recipe Wednesday!

This one's kind of a cheat because it's soooo quick and easy, but it's also really quite wonderful.

Orange Rosemary Pork

1 pork loin roast (about 2lbs)
    1/2 cup orange marmalade
    2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or about 1 tsp dried)
    salt & pepper to taste

Mix marmalade with rosemary, salt & pepper. Spread over the roast. Place roast in a 400 degree (F) oven until it's 140F inside (use a thermometer! About 45 minutes).

If the lovely topping hasn't carmelized a bit you can put it under the broiler.

Serve with a nice salad or other veggie sides. Rosemary potatoes are good with it too.
  • ADTeachTX
    Options
    Recipe Wednesday - CARROT MEAT

2 lbs lean ground beef
    2 large carrots shredded
    1/2 large onion shredded or chopped very fine
    seasoning to taste (I like garlic powder and Tony Chachere's)
    1 large egg whole
    1 tbsp Worstershire sauce
    1 cup tomato sauce

Shredd carrots and onions. Mix with meat with spices, carrots, onions, and egg. Mix with hands. Form into 6 patties. Heat Worstershire sauce in pan and brown patties on both sides. When almost cooked through top with tomato sauce and cover for 5 minutes. Serve on bun or with whatever side you like.

Calories = 274 calories per patty

This is an old childhood favorite of mine. I don't have any pics though, sorry.
  • Finigan84
    Options
    I feel bad I haven't been keeping up with the group.

Nikkie hope you have a fantastic vacation!

Caroltina what an amazing loss. You're Awesome!!!

Naesue life seems to be throwing so much your way lately. I am thinking of you and wishing you the best. You're being so strong through it all!

Congrats to everyone celebrating NSV's this week!!!

Neuroticvirgo great challenge this week. Its one more reminder in the back of my head that I should be drinking that water. So far this week I have managed to do it.

Small nsv, I am fitting into a smaller pair of pants I had abandoned a year ago. I should be excited but, I am in the midst of the mother of all fibro flares and its been tough to stay positive. I am trying to stay active in spite of it all. I keep reading about how much of a benefit exercise is to pain management and how in 6 months time I may actually get to feeling somewhat normal again if I can just work through the pain. Running through the park with my daughter (age 5) she lied and told me she was tired and wanted to go home but, she told my husband later she saw tears in my eyes and knew mommy was too sick to play. I am so frustrated!!! All I can do is keep trying...If I am absent from the group at times I am sorry but, i am trying to keep up when I can.

You're such a great group! That spreadsheet is looking pretty impressive!! Keep up the fantastic work!!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Just marking my place after reading your great recipes and news. I don't have anything to announce or anything but I do want to say congrats to all who lost (even if it was just .5lbs) and keep it up! :-)
    Well, I guess I could announce that I'm getting excited for X-mas... I love giving and getting gifts :-P And yeah, I do still believe in Santa Claus!!