Options

Replies

• Finigan84
    Options
    Last week 239.2 this week 237.4.
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    No change for me...:grumble: Same as last week! Hope everyone has a fabulous day! God Bless:heart:
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    OOOOO and I have a lot of great crockpot recipes!!!!! I just can never remember to start them til it is too late. Not too many of them are low sodium however. So you might have to play with them if you are watching that. Is there any paticular kind of meat you prefer? Chicken, Beef, Pork? I can't wait til Wednesday now. oh BTW I am at 269.6 this week and Neuro when I put mine in you hadn't put yours in.
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey girlfriends! I 'm down to 291.8...
    I love love love using the crockpot for cooking...

So excited for wednesday!

WOOHOO!! :)

Everyone have a great week!
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My starting weight this week is 225! Kisses !
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    OOOOO and I have a lot of great crockpot recipes!!!!! I just can never remember to start them til it is too late. Not too many of them are low sodium however. So you might have to play with them if you are watching that. Is there any paticular kind of meat you prefer? Chicken, Beef, Pork? I can't wait til Wednesday now. oh BTW I am at 269.6 this week and Neuro when I put mine in you hadn't put yours in.

lol. I know...I put mine in today when I entered some other peoples and when I sent off my "nag" messages to people who haven't entered their weight yet. LOL
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Hey All! Sorry I haven't been on to much. Been busy with this Biggest Loser challenge (its killing me!). But I have been doing a lot better these past few weeks than I think I did all of LAST YEAR.

So I think this Wednesday, lets all try to get together and post some crock pot recipes. We could all use some recipes to make cooking healthy but simple. :smile:

Crock-Pot+2.jpg

ALSO...this weeks challenge is probably going to be a doosy for quite a few of us! Myself included! For anyone who practices cleaning eating, if you could provide extra information on the subject that would be great. I for one already messed up today with my yogurt LOL. oops.

week6u.jpg

GOOD LUCK this week everyone! And again, if you have challenge ideas, please send me a private message with them so I can save them.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, crock pot recipes sounds awesome. I shall dig through some of mine :) Had a wonderful day today, and a lovely clean dinner of grilled lean pork tenderloin, sauteed spinach, kale and tomatoes, and a spiced sauteed sweet potato. I'm not sure if this would be considered clean, but everything was made from scratch, lol.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I can do a clean eat but how is this for my version of clean. I will work to stay under my alloted numbers in all categories everyday. Of course I already blew it today and was over in several categories but I will do my best.

Monday NSV - got into some more closet pants. About to need to try on the smaller work pants too. Also, baked over the weekend but didn't keep any of it in my house (NONE). Ate a little piece off both, trimmings but then donated all the rest. BTW, I will be baking again next weekend for a church fair but all of it will be donated.

I am looking forward to some new crock pot recipes this Wednesday. I have an interest in non-watery ones especially. I don't have too many good ones, I prefer the pressure cooker myself, or the wok. 30 minute meals are my friend.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Sorry I haven't been on to much. Been busy with this Biggest Loser challenge (its killing me!). But I have been doing a lot better these past few weeks than I think I did all of LAST YEAR.

So I think this Wednesday, lets all try to get together and post some crock pot recipes. We could all use some recipes to make cooking healthy but simple. :smile:

Crock-Pot+2.jpg

ALSO...this weeks challenge is probably going to be a doosy for quite a few of us! Myself included! For anyone who practices cleaning eating, if you could provide extra information on the subject that would be great. I for one already messed up today with my yogurt LOL. oops.

week6u.jpg

GOOD LUCK this week everyone! And again, if you have challenge ideas, please send me a private message with them so I can save them.

All over this :)
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
    I just wanted to check in and let you ladies know that I will be back soon. Right now I am working on packing and cleaning because I have to move in a week and so I dont have time to worry about what I am eating or the money to buy anything healthy...

So I will be back in November... and I am hopefully getting a treadmill so I can work out too...
    This last friday we went to Morro Bay and scattered my mom and aunt's ashes... It was awesome and I got lots of exersice in that day playing in the ocean and walking on the beach with my puppy.

Sorry I have been gone for so long... Will be back soon
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you post Chrystal. . Looking forward to you coming back. . .

Hi to everyone else. .life has been crazy coo coo here lately.. . .I am going to be more involved I promise.
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Just a quick check-in. Well, this week's challenge is already in the toilet for me!:embarassed: I'm usually pretty crunched for time so all my breakfasts and lunches are quick on-the-go things. I'm trying to eat better for dinner but I'm not always successful at that either. For the other part of the challenge, I don't even own a crock pot. I'd love to learn how to make meals in those though! That would probably be a good thing for me as long as it's scaled down for one person.

Monday NSV- People are actually, FINALLY, noticing I'm losing weight. (I mean, seriously, it's taken 38 lbs for people to notice I've lost weight?!?!) Anyway, in the past few days I've a had a couple people say that they're noticing that I'm getting smaller. Yay! :happy:
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So it has been a week and no results yet I'm a little frustrated. So yeah the whole eating clean thing doesn't really work for me. I cook from scratch but I get help from packaged foods to make them. Like my 300 cal dinner tonight that used a can of cream of mushroom soup and frozen cut up vegetables. It was very good by the way and I could have cut the calories a bit by using the 98% fat free variety of cream of mushroom but didn't have any on hand. So anyway I don't know how much I will be able to be online tomorrow as I am working at my church in the office so I am going to submit my crock pot recipe tonight. I am sorry to say I haven't tried this one yet but really want to try it sometime soon!

Beef Burgundy

1 1/2 lbs Beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1/2 lb whole fresh mushrooms, halved
    4 medium carrots chopped
    1 can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 large onion cut into thin wedges
    1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
    1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Hot cooked egg noodes

In a 5 qt slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients, Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles.

Yield:6 servings
    Nutrition: 1 cup stew without noodles equals 273 cals, 9 g fat, 3 g sat fat, 73 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.

Author in cookbook suggests cutting everything up the night before and store in fridge in seperate containers ( or bags) so save on time in the morning. I suggest that you could probably cut out the salt completely to save on sodium since you are using a condensed soup and especially if you are using broth instead of wine.

I don't know about the watery aspect but I imagine that it is going to be stew like and I believe that the tapioca will help to thicken it up so it isn't watery. If anyone tries this recipe before I do let me know how it turns out.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm pleased to report that I've been logging while vacationing! (I didn't think I would...). No hope for the clean-eating challenge, I'm afraid.

I've finally got some photos up, if your curious/interested. Most of the pics are commented with more information about what you're seeing. :)
    Frankfurt (so far): http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkiecanuck/sets/72157627803688741/
    Limburg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkiecanuck/sets/72157627804163081/

Hope everyone's having a great week!

--

Recipe Wednesday! A two-fer slow-cooker style! Both freeze very well for future super-quick meals.

Crock pot white bean chicken chili

- 1 onion, diced
    - 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
    - 1 lb tomatillos, diced (fresh is best and worth the knife-time, but you can sub canned or salsa verde)
    - 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
    - 1 7oz can diced green chiles
    - 2 15oz cans of white beans, drained and rinsed (great northern, navy, or cannellini)
    - 1 tsp (or 1 cube) chicken bouillon
    - 1/2 lb cooked chicken, diced
    - 1 tsp cumin
    - 1 tsp coriander
    - 1/2 tsp oregano
    - salt & pepper to taste

Toss everything into the crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours on low or about 3 hours on high.
    Sprinkle with cilantro and/or squeeze in a little lime juice.

Jambalaya

- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
    - 1/2 lb of andouille or italian sausage, bite-sized pieces
    - 1 med/large onion, diced
    - 2 sweet peppers, diced (green, or other colors - whatever you like best)
    - 4-6 celery stalks, sliced
    - 1 28oz can diced tomatoes (or equivalent fresh)
    - 1 cup chicken broth
    - 1 6oz can tomato paste
    - 1/2 tsp each black, red, white pepper (or to taste)
    - salt to taste
    - 1 bay leaf
    - 1 lb of shrimp (uncooked is best, but coooked is ok too) peeled & deveined
    - your favorite rice, cooked according to package directions

Everything should be in nice little chunks - maybe 1/2" or so.

In a skillet, brown the chicken bits and place in the crock, then do the same with the sausage.
    Add all veggies to crock.
    In a bowl, mix broth and tomato paste, then pour into crock.
    Add spices and seasonings.
    Mix it up a bit.
    Cook on low about 8-9 hours or 4 hours on high (better on low, if you have the time)
    Add the shrimp about 10 minutes before serving.
    Serve over rice.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    For the other part of the challenge, I don't even own a crock pot. I'd love to learn how to make meals in those though! That would probably be a good thing for me as long as it's scaled down for one person.

Monday NSV- People are actually, FINALLY, noticing I'm losing weight. (I mean, seriously, it's taken 38 lbs for people to notice I've lost weight?!?!) Anyway, in the past few days I've a had a couple people say that they're noticing that I'm getting smaller. Yay! :happy:

Congrats on your NSV! Its nice when people notice isnt it? :bigsmile: As for the crockpot, the nice thing is, you can usually still cook the whole recipe and then just freeze it in one person portions for healthy (and easy) foods later.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Hi everyone! So it has been a week and no results yet I'm a little frustrated.

Bummer :( I hope you find out soon. I wonder if they are going to send you a postcard in the mail.... :indifferent: I only bring this up because a few years back I did a full panel for STD's, Aids, blood work, whole nine yards, after a break up (where I found out the ex was cheating)...and I was waiting, and waiting for results....come to find out if it was negative the doctors didn't even bother to call me, they just stuck a post card in the mail that said "all your test results were negative, for questions call ****).....it was good news, but annoying that I thought I'd hear it from a person and didn't. :grumble:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I've finally got some photos up, if your curious/interested. Most of the pics are commented with more information about what you're seeing. :)
    Frankfurt (so far): http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkiecanuck/sets/72157627803688741/
    Limburg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkiecanuck/sets/72157627804163081/

Beautiful pictures! Make sure you getting YOU in some of these vacation photos. Its always nice to look back and say "see I was really there, there I am in this picture" LOL. Hope you are having fun, and good job logging on your vacation!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Don't know if I can do a clean eat but how is this for my version of clean. I will work to stay under my alloted numbers in all categories everyday. Of course I already blew it today and was over in several categories but I will do my best.

Monday NSV - got into some more closet pants. About to need to try on the smaller work pants too. Also, baked over the weekend but didn't keep any of it in my house (NONE). Ate a little piece off both, trimmings but then donated all the rest. BTW, I will be baking again next weekend for a church fair but all of it will be donated.

I am looking forward to some new crock pot recipes this Wednesday. I have an interest in non-watery ones especially. I don't have too many good ones, I prefer the pressure cooker myself, or the wok. 30 minute meals are my friend.

Congrats on your NSV! Pretty soon you'll be out of closet clothes and have to get new ones because everythings too big. :bigsmile: I'll try to post some crock pot recipes I like that aren't super watery. Hope you are having a better day today .
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Sounds like eating clean is really a CHALLENGE because no one can do it! haha. I might have to come back to this in a few weeks and give it another go and see how we all do. :laugh: