Men... taking a poll...

Options

Replies

• azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You can slap me around any time you want!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Never hit a woman...laugh your *kitten* off at their slaps and they get all fussy and pissed...then leave.
  • mmcperez
    mmcperez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hit, No. Shake the **** out of her, Yes.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Have to be honest, I didn't read the whole thread, just the question.

Simple answer - Nope!

Slightly more involved answer - If she's trying to SLAP me, I can restrain 'most' women without having to hit them or really hurt them at all until they calm down (most...). If she's trying to STAB me... Well, to save my own life...

But then, if anyone's hitting me, I'm usually mostly worried about what in my behaviour has provoked violence...
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    As a girl, if I throw punches ... I expect to have to block them too.

I don't get beat up, but I don't beat up the men in my life either.

I hate the double standard when it comes to violence. Humans have instincts and violence happens to be one of them. Primitive, yes, however it is in our DNA code.

I'm 5'10" and I could probably beat the crap out of half the guys in this thread... doesn't mean they should allow it, accept it and I should be a total b**ch because of it.

My husband is 6'3" and he's a trained fighter. We play fight and sometimes one of us gets pop'd in the mouth or ribs by accident - we're tough, we don't get upset or need to take a walk.

If I get mad at him, sometimes I'll punch him. He punches me back and we laugh about it. You can get as righteous as you want... but it works for us ;)

You are such a bad *kitten* :)
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Take it like a man, is what they say!!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Unless she has a knife or a gun, it's never ok.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Not unless she lost a slap bet. lol... Then a guy may still be better off hiring another woman to administer the slap. I also think it is wrong for anybody to slap anybody in the violence way.
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's never ok to hit a person unless it's self-defense or to save someone
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Noo he shouldn't. A man has a lot of force behind his fist, and he could seriously hurt her. But with that being said women should keep their damn hands to them selves as well. I hate that women act like obnoxious idiots and hit men because the man is likely not going to hit her back. Not only that it's classless and trashy.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As a black belt, absolutly never, even in self defense, unless I fear my life was on the line. First of I wanna say, after doing karate for 13 years, my girl punches harder than about 90% of guys, shes little, but she knows what shes doing. The thing is from a legal standpoint, your argument will never hold. Women can nag insesintly, verbally cut you down, degrade you, and normally do it better than you can, but any form of confrontation is ALWAYS in the favor of the women. Its a bit lopsided, but it protects the women who are really being abused. My girl and I have had this discussion before, pretty much Ive told her, if you have to hit, dont hit me in the face. Its not out of anger, its not a reaction; for me its instinct. As soon as I feel contact to my face my trained insticts take over, and Im not exactly sure where that will go.

Just pointing out though, if your being hit, you can always restrain her, isnt going to cause harm, but kinda reasserts what she was trying to take away by hitting you
  • Jonas_Renfold
    Options
    Violence is never okay, no matter who punched who first. The sooner the world learns that, the better off we will all be. That being said, I do believe in being prepared to fight, as not everyone shares that philosophy, but I try to live by life by three rules when it comes to violence.

A) if I am given the choice to walk away, do it, no matter what the cost to the ego.
    B) if I am not given the choice to walk away, end it as quickly as possible with as few people as possible getting hurt
    C) Later, consider how I could avoid that ever happening again (i.e. don't walk into a biker bar wearing a cowboy hat or something)

Just my philosophy, and hey, if you macho men out there who like to throw down think that makes me a wuss, I'm okay with that. :)
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    only place she should be smacked is on her *kitten*, if she likes it. :love:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My psyc class got into this argument for 2 hours today... if a woman slaps you is it okay to hit her back?

Without a doubt the answer is NO. We have to be a man and take it. Violence is not good. Men should never hurt or hit women.
  • tscottym
    tscottym Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My mom used to tell me that if a woman hits a man, she should be prepared to take a hit from a man. My dad told me that if i ever put my hands on a woman, he would make sure that it would be the last time. I decided to listen to him.
    My ex was bat *kitten* crazy. When we argued i would walk away. She would follow me where i went and start hitting me. Not just slapping. I would try my best to get away without touching her, but if i was cornered (bathroom) i would hold her hands down and get her out of my way so i could leave. There were plenty of times it took all i had to fight natural instinct not to hurt her.
    The last straw was when i was driving she started hitting me in my ribs and slapping me in the face. She jerked on the steering wheel trying to get me off the road. When we got to her condo, she was screamming like crazy and saying all sorts of mean things. Then when i was getting her bags out of the back seat, she started kicking me and punching me. I threw her bags out of my truck and tried to get into the driver seat. She then slammed the door on me multiple times. I was at the point where hurting her was worth going to jail. I didn't hurt her, but it took all i had to not break her jaw.

So, what would make someone so angry? I didn't take her dog with me to the airport and she thought it would have been a good surprise.

That was the best 130lbs to lose.

So, to answer the question. I don't think it is ok to hit a woman, even if she hits you. But, I don't think any woman should ever hit a man expecting him not to defend/hurt the person who is trying to hurt him.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My soon-to-be-ex came home drunk. I was asleep down stairs. She comes barging into my room, ranting and raving. I tell her in no uncertain terms I will not discuss this in her current state. I was sleeping on a low futon, so she kicks me. I get up to leave the room and she grabs something, barring me from leaving. As i reach for the door, she punches me in the chest then in the face. I start to force my way past and she suddenly lets go and says OW! you hurt me, leaves the room and calls the police.
    I give my side and she gives hers. I hear her discussion escalating. Then...she gets carted off to jail. I had no idea why until the officer explained it was for domestic assault. I never said i wanted to press charges. All I had done is explain my side of the story. I was actually embarrassed because it seems they were claiming i got beat up (even the welts had faded by then).

Never touched her. She knew that which is why she took advantage of it.

I would never hit a female BUT any female who thinks it is open season because the guy can actually show restraint DESERVES to be smacked.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It is never OK to hit someone, regardless of gender. I hate when women do this, knowing most men would never hit a girl. We're not talking self defense here.

This.

Women should not hit men either unless they are physically endangering them or their children.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Haven't hit a woman yet. I was raised not to, but I can't imagine a woman swinging at me. I don't ever think I would give them a reason to.

However, I wouldn't test my upbringing and start swinging at me.

Whether you consider me a coward or not, if you are a threat to me or my family, I don't give a *kitten* what your sex is, I am likely to drop you.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I don't think a man should ever hit a woman BUT I also don't think a woman should ever hit a man.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    She'd miss or end up hitting my arm unless she slapped me with my back turned. Then I'd sit on her and fart.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition