Men... taking a poll...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In my world it's never OK to hit a woman.
    It takes a coward of a man to do that.

If she's so much the witch, leave - walk away - walk OUT OF HER LIFE, but a real man never hits a woman.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My psyc class got into this argument for 2 hours today... if a woman slaps you is it okay to hit her back?

I think it is an incredibly sexist comment to say that if a woman struck you as a male you would not punch back but if it was another male you would punch back. Especially now that the lines to gender differences are being blurred and definitions are changed constantly.

I think it is situational in general. If someone I knew or loved hit me I would never hit them back regardless of who they were with an emphasis on if they were a woman. Men who do that are weak and cowardly. I grew up with my sister constantly hitting me, scratching, punching, pushing kicking and I would just hold her down because too me hitting any one back that is lesser size / skill set than you is cowardly.

With that being said, I have been in the law enforcement / security industry for a while and all that crap goes out of the door when some crazy biotch is coming at you with a bat or knife or shank or something, all bets are off, she's getting knocked out.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    No, /thread
  • leestanley3
    leestanley3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No could never hit a woman, I could stop her from hitting my but never strike back, its just not right!!
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nope.

By all means protect yourself if you're in danger, like she's coming at you with a knife or your golf clubs, but don't hit her back just cos she hit you.

If there is a problem, call the police. Court order! Restorative justice! The judicial system's there for a reason. No self-respecting woman wants an assault charge on their pre-employment police check.

I've been slapped maybe three times? Each was because the woman was so mad / frustrated at what I was doing or saying that she lashed out - ultimately a moral victory (all the more frustrating for the other party).
  • noemike
    noemike Posts: 61
    Options
    its NEVER okay to hit a woman we are stronger than woman if anyone was raised half way decient they would know to walk away. Any guy that would thinks that its okay think about someone hitting your mom or daughter and answer the question again seriuosly!!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I got slapped on the face when I was 12, the boy was 11.. he was the rudest SOB ever and kept yelling about using the computer and I stood beside said "STFU" and he got angry and slapped me. Never forget that incident...

But... we became friends now... :P

I know men is taking this poll but I would say, women shouldn't take advantage of this to hit men all the time. I hate women who do that because they deserve slaps from both genders. Lol
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Its never okay to hit a woman.
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I say Either Restrain (Catch her arm) or separation (not violently pushing her away) like not throwing her to the ground but pushing off enough that there is separation.
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry but any woman raising her hand to a man deserves a smack back just the same if it was the opposite way round!

Not that i advocate anyone smacking anyone, but fair is fair!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the full thread. A slap does not constitute a reason for a man to hit a woman. Now, if she comes at him with a weapon, he can and should thump her.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    In my world it's never OK to hit a woman.
    It takes a coward of a man to do that.

This pretty much. I've never recieved a slap (touch wood), but I did have a girl try to stab me with some very long scissors once - even then I only pushed her away.