**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in real quick and say I hope everyone has a great weekend!! I'm going to catch up on my chart when I go back to work on Monday. For some reason my laptop and the chart do not get along very well, it never pulls up right...or is too small.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Well, I think I see a little just dance challenge coming up for my daughter and I tomorrow then. And if the weather holds out a bike ride on Sunday. If its railing I may go to the gym again and ride the recumbant bike there. So for the real life compliments from others, I am not sure what I need to do about those. Today, when I was at curves some one asked how much weight I had lost because I looked great. I said thank you and that I had lost just over 70 pounds and then told her about MFP. Then I showed her some before pictures that were on my phone and my phone kind of got passed around. I don't know how many compliments I received after that but I remember 4 specifically. Than when my parents came over for dinner my mom asked how much I had lost since last time she saw me and I said 10 pounds and she said it really showed and that I looked very thin today. I was wearing the new shirt that makes my boobs look good by the way. So, my question would be how many compliments does that count for? 2? 1 from the original at curves and 1 from my mom? or so i get to count the other 3 at curves too? See, I don't think the other peopleat curves would have said anything if the first person hadn't shown my picture around, which was a little awkward for me at the time as I dodn't know those people very well. I will wait to log them until I get a general consensus here.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Staci
    I vote at least 5 on the compliments. Just because people are shy and don't want to say anything, I figure it's like us and not wanting to accept the compliments. I think it's hard to give them sometimes too, because it is hard to walk up to someone and say, "wow you are really doing great at that nautilus machine, can you show me how to do so well at it?" GAH no. As outgoing as I am, sometimes working out at a gym I will never do that. It's like gym time is alone time. I never bug people there. In fact I rarely look at other people there. It's like. (i see you) but (i don't see you) when I pass people or am working out next to someone. I don't know. It's kind of the unwritten meathead gym etiquette. It's 'tarded I know that. So I think the fact that the first person said something made it 'okay' for the others to say something. :) So I vote 5. And, I think you deserved every single one of them because you are awesome. :)

So I got another compliment today as well. It was on my hair and random. I swear this haircut is so weirdly magnetic to people. I am loving it more everyday I might just keep it around ;) I went into Wildflower Bread Co. to pick up my loaf of Brioche (yeah I know Bread dammit! So what!) LOL anyway, (going to make french toast breakfast for erik this weekend). Anyhoo.. the little clerk girl said, "I LOVE your hair." Me. Thanks. It's um, actually a mohawk. (and I bent over and fluffed up the back bit to show it off.) Clerk: "OMG I REALLY LOVE IT NOW!" "THAT's SO AWESOME!" Me. "Um Thanks. Have a great day!" Her thanks you too!. so there you go. :) I'm getting better, I think. If it's not based on my fat cells anyway ;)

My other compliment is for JJ: I love that you flew off to Never Never land to see your sweetie and had a magical week with him. I am amazed that you took time out for us still in all that to make sure we were okay and chuggin' along. You are very sweet and thoughtful and considerate and I appreciate all that you do for us. Especially me. :) Thank you. :) I hope you enjoyed your trip btw. :)

I think I'm going to have to record a couple lbs up on Monday... unless the Jedi weightloss genie zaps me mystically ... and that aint' gonna happen ;)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    For the sake of our discipline summit I got to the gym before zumba and rode 8km, then afterwards I thought I'll make it an even 10, I ended up at 11.7 so I add 7.3 miles today and am thinking that as my knees (well not my knees, behind my knees, at the side) are sore I may just ride tomorrow to avoid any damage that running and jiumping and weights would cause....we will see!

Sore knees though means no run before Gobble Gobble tonight!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I see a little just dance challenge coming up for my daughter and I tomorrow then.

we did that this week, Staci. My daughter has now declared it a family 'tradition' and is insisting we have a 'girls night' every friday. She's too cute. It was great family fun though. Hope you enjoy it lots too. :-)
  • HELP
    how do i log 45 minutes on my gazelle? (tony little's gazelle freestyle elite) very aerobic - using 1 lb weights on my wrists and doing reps the entire time-like
    i have no idea how to log thanks for any help!

it was my first non- pool cardio in 2 weeks and thigh pain is manageable - but not completely gone - taking tomorrow off and back to pool next week
    was worth a shot though :)
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @nfat: good job on the Gazelle! I'm sorry I have no idea how you would log that activity. I have a hard enough time just calculating my walking km/miles/mailboxes!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Well, I think I see a little just dance challenge coming up for my daughter and I tomorrow then. And if the weather holds out a bike ride on Sunday. If its railing I may go to the gym again and ride the recumbant bike there. So for the real life compliments from others, I am not sure what I need to do about those. Today, when I was at curves some one asked how much weight I had lost because I looked great. I said thank you and that I had lost just over 70 pounds and then told her about MFP. Then I showed her some before pictures that were on my phone and my phone kind of got passed around. I don't know how many compliments I received after that but I remember 4 specifically. Than when my parents came over for dinner my mom asked how much I had lost since last time she saw me and I said 10 pounds and she said it really showed and that I looked very thin today. I was wearing the new shirt that makes my boobs look good by the way. So, my question would be how many compliments does that count for? 2? 1 from the original at curves and 1 from my mom? or so i get to count the other 3 at curves too? See, I don't think the other peopleat curves would have said anything if the first person hadn't shown my picture around, which was a little awkward for me at the time as I dodn't know those people very well. I will wait to log them until I get a general consensus here.

I know you said you felt uncomfortable that they were all "piling on" the compliment train, but I LOVE that it happened for you! They were probably totally inspired by your loss and you spread the weight loss fairy dust!

Unfortunately the limit on real life compliments is 2 per week. So I would do the original one and the one from your mom, as you suggested. BUT they are worth 30 feet up the mountain EACH!!!!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

My other compliment is for JJ: I love that you flew off to Never Never land to see your sweetie and had a magical week with him. I am amazed that you took time out for us still in all that to make sure we were okay and chuggin' along. You are very sweet and thoughtful and considerate and I appreciate all that you do for us. Especially me. :) Thank you. :) I hope you enjoyed your trip btw. :)

I did have a magical week with my sweetie and a lot of fun! Thank you for the compliment Cyn! I had made a commitment to this challenge, so of course I was checking in and making sure everyone was ok. I am thoughtful and considerate because I love when people are thoughtful and considerate with me! Golden rule and all that! And you are very welcome!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    HELP
    how do i log 45 minutes on my gazelle? (tony little's gazelle freestyle elite) very aerobic - using 1 lb weights on my wrists and doing reps the entire time-like

it was my first non- pool cardio in 2 weeks and thigh pain is manageable - but not completely gone - taking tomorrow off and back to pool next week

I am going to have to go look up what the foodle and gazelle is to answer this question....Ok, back. That is a tough one.

I think I am going to say that is dancing. It look a lot like an elliptical, but more full body maybe? So how does dancing work for you Tina?
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Well, I think I see a little just dance challenge coming up for my daughter and I tomorrow then.

we did that this week, Staci. My daughter has now declared it a family 'tradition' and is insisting we have a 'girls night' every friday. She's too cute. It was great family fun though. Hope you enjoy it lots too. :-)

I LOVE this! Made my morning!

I used to put the boys on the coffee table when they were little so they could dance a little more face to face with me and they loved it. We would dance to some goofy song and have fun for a little while. They loved to "slow dance" from up there, made them feel all manly or something. Then they would drift back off to their trucks. Miss those days!

I might have to challenge my 17 year old daughter to a round of Wii dancing tonight! That would be fun! Great idea!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    So to help get us Dancing....I am going to offer a special challenge this weekend.

:heart: :heart: :heart: If you dance to any or all of the following songs this weekend....you will earn us double feet up the mountain! If you dance to any or all of the following songs this weekend with ANYONE else....you will earn us quadruple feet up the mountain! And to help us all be able to dance with someone else, even if we feel like we dance like a buffalo and prefer to dance in private, I am setting the time of 4pm PST on Sunday Oct 9th as a group dance time. If you dance at that time, we will be dancing together and it will count for the quadruple feet! :heart: :heart: :heart:

The following songs count for double:

Chicken Dance by various
    YMCA by The Village People
    Get the Party Started by P!nk
    Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger
    Stayin' Alive by the BeeGees
    The Twist by Chubby Checker
    I Hope You Dance by LeAnn Womack
    Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley
    Who Let the Dogs Out OR You Can Shake It Like This by the Baha Men
    We Go Together by Grease Soundtrack
    Love Shack by the B-52's
    Friends in Low Places-Garth Brooks

So get your groove on climbers!

And yes...I do have all of those songs on my Running Playlist. Why do you ask? :laugh:
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    For the sake of our discipline summit I got to the gym before zumba and rode 8km, then afterwards I thought I'll make it an even 10, I ended up at 11.7 so I add 7.3 miles today and am thinking that as my knees (well not my knees, behind my knees, at the side) are sore I may just ride tomorrow to avoid any damage that running and jiumping and weights would cause....we will see!

Sore knees though means no run before Gobble Gobble tonight!

Woohooo!!!! Thanks Steph! Great job on the bike! Have a lovely Thanksgiving dinner!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    So to help get us Dancing....I am going to offer a special challenge this weekend.

:heart: :heart: :heart: If you dance to any or all of the following songs this weekend....you will earn us double feet up the mountain! If you dance to any or all of the following songs this weekend with ANYONE else....you will earn us quadruple feet up the mountain! And to help us all be able to dance with someone else, even if we feel like we dance like a buffalo and prefer to dance in private, I am setting the time of 4pm PST on Sunday Oct 9th as a group dance time. If you dance at that time, we will be dancing together and it will count for the quadruple feet! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Chicken Dance by various
    Love Shack by the B-52's

And yes...I do have all of those songs on my Running Playlist. Why do you ask? :laugh:

Love this idea so I will be grooving around the flat tomorrow! Gonna have to miss the group dance I'm afraid....I think that is midnight here and I need my beauty sleep!
  • HELP

I am going to have to go look up what the foodle and gazelle is to answer this question....Ok, back. That is a tough one.

I think I am going to say that is dancing. It look a lot like an elliptical, but more full body maybe? So how does dancing work for you Tina?

here's where u can find gazelle calories burned: http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
    it is an eliptical type thing...
    it told me about 750 for my 45 minutes - which of course i dont believe, but i sweat more doing this thing than a walk!

as for dancing - i do the wii just dance with my kid sometimes :) will log it when i do
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options

Chicken Dance by various
    Love Shack by the B-52's

I love this I am in. Maybe I can convince my son to boogy with me...not sure cause he is 10 now and prob thinks dancing with mom is lame. If not I will be dancing with you all on Sunday so we can get the extra points...someone better be dancing with me at the correct time....I am doing it 7pm EST....to match 4pm PST.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I think I've managed to fill in my spreadsheet. The only thing I'm still not clear on is the compliments bit.

I can't swim at the moment, as my ear infection remains a bit of a challenge!

I do hope everyone's having a really good weekend. x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Incidentally, I;m actually pretty comfortable with compliments. It's not terribly british, I don't think, so I find that people here often find it surprising. But I like paying compliments to the people around me. I tell everyone what I like about what they're wearing, what they've done, what they've achieved. I'd guess I'm a compliment delivery machine and always have been. I just don't even begin to know how to log them!

I'm also ok generally with receiving them. Better in real life than online, where I always feel slightly awkward accepting them.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Incidentally, I;m actually pretty comfortable with compliments. It's not terribly british, I don't think, so I find that people here often find it surprising. But I like paying compliments to the people around me. I tell everyone what I like about what they're wearing, what they've done, what they've achieved. I'd guess I'm a compliment delivery machine and always have been. I just don't even begin to know how to log them!

I'm also ok generally with receiving them. Better in real life than online, where I always feel slightly awkward accepting them.

So if you post a compliment about someone here on theboard, you log 10 points. You are limited to giving 1 per participant per week.
    If you accept a compliment that someone posted here on the board, and acknowledge that it is true, you log 20 points. This is umlimited.
    If you post a real life compliment you receive, and acknowledge that it is true, you log 30 points. You are limited to 2 per week.
    If you post a compliment to yourself, you log 40 points. You are limited to 2 of these a week also.

I am sure you have been reading along as Becky and I have coached others on what counts and doesn't. If not, its all there for reference if you want to make sure you are doing it right.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Chicken Dance by various
    Love Shack by the B-52's

I love this I am in. Maybe I can convince my son to boogy with me...not sure cause he is 10 now and prob thinks dancing with mom is lame. If not I will be dancing with you all on Sunday so we can get the extra points...someone better be dancing with me at the correct time....I am doing it 7pm EST....to match 4pm PST.

Oh never fear! I am will be dancing then! You won't be alone!