Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Delicious (strong) beer and some wine last night. Tonight, I was gonna just stick to wine but husband wants some cocktails, so SUPER LONG workout is required this evening :grumble:

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Last night had 3 vodka, this weekend is looking good for me.. not seeing boyfriend. When I see him I loose all control over my drinking... Maybe it is because he drinks...
  • colelea40
    colelea40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this group! I'm a wine drinker working on loosing 20 pounds before my big "40" birthday in January! I've lost 8 over the last month, but hit a wall this week with both diet and exercise. A running friend suggested this website so here I am to be held accountable and to not feel so bad about my wine calories and maybe get ideas to help curtail my urge for the bulbus glass of wine...lol
  • harley_rose
    Options
    So excited to see this group! I'm a wine drinker working on loosing 20 pounds before my big "40" birthday in January! I've lost 8 over the last month, but hit a wall this week with both diet and exercise. A running friend suggested this website so here I am to be held accountable and to not feel so bad about my wine calories and maybe get ideas to help curtail my urge for the bulbus glass of wine...lol
    Well to the club, we are here to support and admit our ways.. be friend me if you like
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    As much as I love my beer and wine, I have been trying to cut back a bit. Had a rough couple weeks and probably over induldged. That being said I have gone over a week with no drinking and have decided today I'm going to celebrate a new success with a lovely bottle of wine. I'm an artist and a store just signed me on to sell my work in their store!! I'm super excited so I think a bottle of wine is well deserved (just need to make sure I work out today so I have enough calories lol).
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    10-10 Mon - 0
    10-11 Tue - 0
    10-12 Wed - 0
    10-13 Thu - 0

I'm getting this down. My workouts and body are loving me right now. This month will get me to the next level.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 2 pitchers of budweiser - team Wins
    Thurs - 1 budweiser - team Loses
    ..........................there is a theme, BEER tonight!!!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Wed - 2 pitchers of budweiser - team Wins
    Thurs - 1 budweiser - team Loses
    ..........................there is a theme, BEER tonight!!!

Whose your team?
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    So I thought I was going to be good last night. I was planning on eating a turkey burger - had enough calories for it, but my wonderful boyfriend bought steaks. MMMMM with blue cheese and an artichoke (with mayonaise of course....) which would have been OK, except I had a wonderful bottle of wine that went perfectly with the meal........
    So I ended the day 1000 cal Over.
    But it was soooo yummy
    My question to you guys is how many calories do you average a day (including booze :smile: ) ?
    Are you losing weight?
    Thanks!!! Oh and TGIF :drinker:
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Last night 1/2 Liter of uv blue. Felt a lil under the weather this morning. Must be coming down with something:wink:
    Tonight I have rehearsal for a wedding I am in tomorrow and the grooms supper. Going to try really hard not to drink since I have to get up at 6:30 for my hair appt.... We will see how that goes:drinker:
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Patilee

I average around 1500 calories. Sometimes more. I am still loosing weight. I weighed the least this morning which is due to dehydration but it was great to see that number on the scale. Cheers!:drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I think I hit 1,900 yesterday, and that included 1.5 beers and 1.5 shots. I just have to make sure I stay within calories. I know tonight is the beginning of my Fall Break, so we'll probably get stupid. Therefore, my hubs and I will probably take a 60 minute bike ride, which will burn about 440 calories.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Around 1400-1500 with booze. I like to zigzag my calories because my body tends to get into ruts if I eat and exercise the same way every day (which I was doing for quite some time). so some days I will go quite a bit over...some under.
    If I'm going really hard core and want to drop weight quick (before a vacay like I did just recently) I will go for 1200.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    10-10 Mon - 0
    10-11 Tue - 0
    10-12 Wed - 0
    10-13 Thu - 0

I'm getting this down. My workouts and body are loving me right now. This month will get me to the next level.
    Well clearly I've been drinking your share, as well as mine. dammit.

Good job!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friends, I have tasted Heaven and it is Shock Top Pumpkin (I'm sure any pumpkin will do...) with a shot of vanilla vodka poured in...with a cinnamon and sugared rim.

You can thank me later. :drinker:
    Really? I think some friends left a Blue Moon Pumpkin at my house, but I don't have the vanilla vodka. I have never put vodka in beer, but I am intrigued. Maybe they will make me one at the bar this weekend! Bowling and BBQ for belated bday for DH.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=3/4 bottle of white and a beer
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=3 drinks
    Wednesday=4 beers
    Thursday= 3 drinks (glass red, 2 glass white)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'd never done the vodka in beer either, but it worked!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    pumpkin beer and vanilla vodka sounds really interesting

solpwr you are doing awesome. way to go.

I am drinking chard tonight and trying to combat a serious salty craving. Here's to a lushy weekend!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I don't do flavored vodkas. I don't do flavored coffee either. I'm not into sweet drinks.
    give it to me strong. :glasses:

Robin I have the salt craving too! I just had 2 shrimp tacos. that' should help satisfy that, I'd think.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 4 beers - Cards win!