Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I like the MFP feature that tells you if every day were like today you would weigh XXX in 5 weeks.
    Kinda sobering. At least I know why I haven't been able to lose weight....
    So starting today - if I don't have the calories I'm not drinking.
    (Part two of the challenge will be to exercise every day to earn more calories.)
    I'm usually only over on calories due to alcohol, I think I've tamed my sweet tooth and pretty much stopped the fast food habit.
    Wish me luck!!!

Good luck...you can do it :bigsmile:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Not drinking until Thursday....we leave for NOLA :) and I'm sure I will do enough drinking this weekend for the whole year!!

Sunday 0
    Monday 0

Oh man I love NOLA. So FUN!
  • solpwr
    Options
    The last day I drank alcohol was October 9. So far so good, I'm doing this! And I'm getting the results I was hoping for! Yay!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wine is needed and will be consumed.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    2 very large vodka red bulls yesterday...there might hv been a shot in there too.

Today was thee glasses of red wine-- which I NEVER drink. ( red, not wine) while cooking with some friends.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I will be good tonihgt. I just don't feel like drinking. (I think that is a good thing.)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I survived another night with out drinks....although I REALLY wanted some wine. Hoping for another dry day today!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps...been a little MIA with family visiting and birthday parties

Monday, 5 Sam Adams
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks

Funny thing is, since I've really given up the beer, I felt so bloated and sick from it :sick: They're 32 oz beers and I couldn't even finish the second one. :ohwell:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Really wanted some wine last night, but I knew since we were leaving for vacay today that I would have had to finish the whole bottle, so I didnt even open it! So proud of my self :)

Sun 0
    Mon 0
    Tues 0

Wed-Sun NOLA.....going to be a lushy mess I'm sure!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Really wanted some wine last night, but I knew since we were leaving for vacay today that I would have had to finish the whole bottle, so I didnt even open it! So proud of my self :)

Sun 0
    Mon 0
    Tues 0

Wed-Sun NOLA.....going to be a lushy mess I'm sure!

You should be proud :flowerforyou:

Enjoy your vacay!!!!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday - 2 1/2 vodka and diet
    Wednesday hoping for only 1

On a plus side, I have dropped 1.6 lbs in a week.. So watching my drinking is helping
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday - 2 1/2 vodka and diet
    Wednesday hoping for only 1

On a plus side, I have dropped 1.6 lbs in a week.. So watching my drinking is helping

That's awesome CONGRATS!!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Very lushy lately, oops. Maybe nothing tonight but who knows. Going to Fright Fest this weekend with friends and nothing goes better with roller coasters and monsters like beer! 11 days until my favorite holiday, Halloween, which also happens to be my 8 year anniversary with my boyfriend =] I definitely get more excited about Halloween than the anniversary part but 8 is my lucky number so this should be a good year! Mom thinks the boyfriend is going to propose because of something he said around Christmas time but I don't get that feeling, we'll see! Ran out of vodka so had crown and coke last night. Not really counting calories but trying to be good about portions. We'll see what tonight brings.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    3 Glasses of red wine last night while I was at my dinner club. We have 3 preggos in the group (well, one popped on Sunday) and we made 3 different meals for them. We noshed on chips, dip, chili, drank wine and cooked. (I made quiches.) It was so fun!

I have class tonight, and then I really need to organize the rooms for the Outdoor Ed trip I'm taking next week. Ugh. So, I might grab a bottle of wine and imbibe while I juggle room assignments.
  • solpwr
    Options
    3 Glasses of red wine last night while I was at my dinner club. We have 3 preggos in the group (well, one popped on Sunday) and we made 3 different meals for them. We noshed on chips, dip, chili, drank wine and cooked. (I made quiches.) It was so fun!

I have class tonight, and then I really need to organize the rooms for the Outdoor Ed trip I'm taking next week. Ugh. So, I might grab a bottle of wine and imbibe while I juggle room assignments.

So have you now discovered the Joy of Red Wine or something?

This is the 10th day sans alcohol. I'm happy because that was my goal. I don't really miss it because I know it's waiting patiently for me. I was originally planning on 30 days, but I've amended that to 20. It looks like I'm going to Billings to visit family on the 29th so its pointless to stay alcohol free during that visit.

I've already jump started my weight-loss from the changes. It's not about the calories, I'm not addicted, and I don't make a practice of over-indulging. Pointless avoidance of a vice that doesn't exist.

I do notice that my athletic performance has definitely improved. I'm on a training plan that ends November 20, so I will probably only drink sporadically until the end of the plan.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Nah...the red was the only wine they had. I'm more of a white (wine) girl myself.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday= 0 drinks
    Tuesday= 2 beers, one was pretty big but I'll just claim the 2.
    Tonight is Nurse Jackie viewing at a friends so I will try to drink about 4 beers.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I love Nurse Jackie. Zoe is my fav. :heart:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Well tonight I boarded the "fail boat" almost 1000 calories in drinks I think. I cannot find the nutritional info for Rum Chata (which is so fricken delicious BTW) so I recorded it as Baileys. Makes me wonder why the website keeps it a secret...I am assuming it's got be bad. Oh Well...Life goes on.

Almond Joy recipe

1 part rum chata
    1 part coconut rum
    2 part root beer (at least I used diet LOL)

Yum but very sweet so I substituted light rum for the coconut rum and a splash of coconut on top.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Caved last night and had a glass of wine with some herseys special dark chocolate morsels, I was still under for the day and I officially have a decifit for the week today and there will be another small glass of wine this evening :happy: