Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Vodka shots are best served cold, if it's good vodka, the colder it is the more it's like water.

Been very lushy lately, going to try the whole no drinking until Friday thing again. Had a few vodka drinks last night and then switched to beer which to me is like water so I had no hangover today and my Packers won =]

Not really counting calories anymore just focusing on portion control and such. Also less focused on the scale these days and more on how I feel and look in my clothes. I absolutely love carbs so when my pants are feeling a bit tight I just lock up the nutrition and then it all works out.

Think I'm going to get back to working out again today as well and shoot for 3-5 days a week.

We'll see how it goes! No white wine in the house so it should be easy holding off until Friday, we do have a fridge full of Sam Adams though haha
  • vettermr
    Options
    Since joining MFP I was doing pretty well controlling my alcohol intake but a bottle of red Merlot on saturday didn't bode well...Oh well it was fun while it laster :)
  • harley_rose
    Options
    didn't do so well on my drinks tonight.. I had two vodka and diet coke... went and pour my third one, when my boytoy called me...he told me he was only drinking two so I pour the third on I poured out.. wasting vodka or wasting calories... VODKA
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    i have to be good tonight but I am really really cranky. I worked 11 hours today and i come home to a husband watching football reruns while the crockpot he promised to clean is crusting over on the counter. the house is a disgusting place and I have come to the end of my rope but I have not time to clean and he will stop me if he is home anyway (think he feels guilty) I am really annoyed and pissed right now and I think that a bottle of wine or a bunch of vodka might make me feel better but I am way up on the scale and I am going to lose my competiition weigh in on Wednesday. aarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm writing a paper and have major writer's block. Hubs is making me a shot as I type.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm writing a paper and have major writer's block. Hubs is making me a shot as I type.

Wine always helped me get the words flowing!!! Hope it went well :smile:
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great day yesterday but also super lushy. My firend Robert Mondavi helped us celebrate.
    12oz - Red Wine,
    16oz - Wht Wine, and
    2oz - Johnny Walker Blue label. Hubby bought that for us before we got married and we enjoy it on our anniversary. Hmmm, we've only been married 2yrs but it looks like there is only 1 year left in the bottle ;)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    birthday weekend. wine, beer, fizz, sloe gin crab apple schnapps...
    a weekend of worthy indulgences!
    not looking at the scales till after exercise.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling fed up so my goal this week is to drink every night, funnily enough I'm finding it pretty easy to stick to :happy: :drinker:
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Attention girls****Has anyone heard that you get drunk faster when you're on your period? I never had but the past week, two people have told me that. It was true last night with me but I'm not sure why!!
    Any thoughts???
    This could be a good or a bad thing!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Attention girls****Has anyone heard that you get drunk faster when you're on your period? I never had but the past week, two people have told me that. It was true last night with me but I'm not sure why!!
    Any thoughts???

Doesn't happen to me but I'm a freak of nature during that time anyway so it makes sense haha. I would imagine though it's because you're losing even more fluids than normal.

So, plan is down the drain again, ugh. As much as my boyfriend is great in most areas of our relationship, others, he's just oblivious, I know, goes for most men. Anyway, my wine is what helps me unwind at the end of the day and not just be a terrible, moody, nagging girlfriend. I'm going to try harder to talk to him and change things so that I can more easily cut down on the wine during the week but for now, I need it haha. I'm not counting calories as crazily ut still keeping themin mind and of course the wine counts haha. Good luck to all with their goals and congrats to those who have gotten to a happy medium =]
  • rjadams
    Options
    I'm feeling fed up so my goal this week is to drink every night, funnily enough I'm finding it pretty easy to stick to :happy: :drinker:
    that is a goal I could live with
  • rjadams
    Options
    so my evil plan of 2dyas with really low calories and sodium and then vodka last night made the scale budge a smidge downward. I will take it. Now back to being good until the weekend.
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Drank waaaay to much UV last night. I have to work tonight so I thought I had better get my drink on last night. Feel like a bloated woodtick today and all 3 of my kids are home :sad: Oh well I had fun last night so it's worth it. Now where's my water??
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    So, thought I should check in with y'all. I had a somewhat lushy weekend, cleaning out my grandpa's house, I took 2 bottles of wine for three nights, and made it last and only shared a little :tongue:
    Friday=half bottle white wine
    Saturday=half bottle white wine
    Sunday=3/4 bottle of white and a beer
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=3 drinks. I had one glass of red wine with dinner, then a Fat Tire, then we ordered dessert, a brownie sundae and I had to have red wine again.
    Red wine+chocolate=:smooched:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts???
    I think there is something too this, I seem to get drunker, and worse hangover...
  • rjadams
    Options
    I do not feel like being good tonight. :devil:
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts???
    I think there is something too this, I seem to get drunker, and worse hangover...

Yes absolutely, it affects me badly at that time of the month too.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I don't have periods right now...thank you IUD!! But I do recall I used to get drunker faster then as well.

So last night I had one beer and two shots (pineapple vodka, peach schnapps, and a bit of grenadine...Hubs called a "Fruit Cocktail". It was pretty good!

I'm enjoying some moscato right now. After cranking out an 11 page paper in less than 24 hours (and it makes sense...I think) I deserve some wine!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts???

Yes absolutely, it affects me badly at that time of the month too.

Yes, because pyschologically, it's better to be drunk than deal with the other *kitten* and our bodies know it...