Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I wasn't good last night. I had a bottle of wine and two sweet tea vodkas. :devil: Bad girl. I will be good tonight.
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Monday - 2 (vanilla Vodka and diet coke)
    Tuesday - 2 (vanilla Vodka and diet coke)
    Wednesday -3 (vanilla Vodka and diet coke)
    Thursday - ?
    Friday - ?
    Trying for 0 a night... but am doing good at 2
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday -7 light beers (oops, went over my calorie limit by 2 beers...)
    Thursday - ?
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    After cranking out an 11 page paper in less than 24 hours (and it makes sense...I think) I deserve some wine!!

Just make sure you EDIT it today in the cold light of morning ;)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Had to turn it in last night after presenting to a group of half of my class. I'm shooting for a B!!!

eta: We're kidless tonight too...so we're thinking about getting some yummy takeout, a bottle or two of wine, and having some grown-up time. I need to exercise my *kitten* off today to account for the calories!!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread, is it too late too become an official lush? I love my wine and beer and refuse to sacrifice it for weight loss, to the point that I won't even glance at light beers (can be a beer snob). It's nice to see people like me. Glad I'm not the only one who works out extra during the day so I can have a few (or several) drinks later on :drinker:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Nothing Wednesday or Thursday.

Weekend is looming :tongue:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Never too late to join in the lushy fun...welcome!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Drinks all week and within calories....good stuff! I was going to leave my exercise calories alone tonight and not drink but all the sudden my brain screamed BEEEEEEEEEER at me, so think I'll have a beer after the gym tonight and....maybe some wine!!!

Next week, I am going to try something alittle different with my exercise calories.....not eat them Monday through Friday so I have a HUGE cushion for the weekend. I think that has been my problem. I always go over with my booze on the weekends and never lose, so hopefully a weekly, instead of daily, deficit will help :happy:
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Drinks all week and within calories....good stuff! I was going to leave my exercise calories alone tonight and not drink but all the sudden my brain screamed BEEEEEEEEEER at me, so think I'll have a beer after the gym tonight and....maybe some wine!!!

Next week, I am going to try something alittle different with my exercise calories.....not eat them Monday through Friday so I have a HUGE cushion for the weekend. I think that has been my problem. I always go over with my booze on the weekends and never lose, so hopefully a weekly, instead of daily, deficit will help :happy:

This is so me, I can do so good during the week with a drink or two but come the weekend... over Friday and Saturday... I am not alone
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

This is so me, I can do so good during the week with a drink or two but come the weekend... over Friday and Saturday... I am not alone

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sabotage myself every weekend :blushing:
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies

Hope you don't mind if I join you. So glad to see I am not the only one out there dealing with the struggle to keep calories down, lose weight but still have a little fun once in a while.

I was on a daily diet of booze over the summer. I LOVE to drink when I grill and I do that almost every night during the summer weeks. But now that the weather is turning where I live, I am trying to get back on the track of no weekday drinking. It's much easier for me to lose weight that way.

I find that drinking makes me eat more, plain and simple. Especially if I drink hard liquor.

Last week, I did great with no booze during the week. I then treated myself to two mojitos on Friday night and all day Saturday, I had a monster headache and didn't even want to work out. :grumble: My body adjusted too well to no booze!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I've been awful this week with the drinking!

So I got a job offer.....one that I thought I wanted until by current job decided to offer me more money to stay. Most would think this is a good thing, but it also means I have a big decision to make...which usually turns into wine drinking!

Mon-0
    Tues-5 oz wine
    Wed-3/4 bottle merlot
    Thurs-probably finish the bottle from last night I'm sure :drinker:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I need to report on my alcohol free month so far...

I had intended to go from Oct 9 to Nov 9. But day ONE Sunday I got invited to a brunch at a friends home. But understand, these friends own a restaurant, and we actually ate in the dining room of the restaurant. This is fine dining European, they are from Italy. Fabrizio was classically trained in France.
    So they had a couple of bottles of fine wine, and I brought one along. I had to at least try the wines!
    So having said that, I got started this last Monday, and since then, its been great, no alcohol!
    I'm so proud of myself (I may be addicted). 3 down, 27 to go.
    Funny, I always save money when I'm not drinking, what's up with that?
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options

Funny, I always save money when I'm not drinking, what's up with that?

LOL Everyone says that. I guess I have to quit long enough to see it for myself.
    Good luck on the month without alcohol.
    I'm working on M-Th without alcohol, but for some reasons Wednesday always trips me up....
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm doing OK with my lushy goal this week.

Monday = 1 glass of wine
    Tuesday & Wednesday = 2 glasses of wine each night
    Thursday = 1 bottle of cider

plenty of calories left every day too as I've not been very interested in food.

edited to add - well I guess apart from the fact my profile pic shows the cauli-crust pizza I cooked tonight :blushing:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Had some beers with the boyfriend last night. Nothing for tonight as tomorrow I'm hosting a jewelry party and there will be wine :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Spent most of the day (over 4 hours) on the phone with tech support trying to restore my computer that died.
    I'm posting..so it worked..but I'm exhausted. I should go exercise..but the hell with it.
    I'm getting into the wine. :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Friends, I have tasted Heaven and it is Shock Top Pumpkin (I'm sure any pumpkin will do...) with a shot of vanilla vodka poured in...with a cinnamon and sugared rim.

You can thank me later. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    several vodkas last night led to some not so good munching but the scale wasn't awful this morning so I will try to get back on track today.