Clothing styles you hate..........

Replies

• cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    rompers. they are apparently "in" and look good on no one. maybe infants and toddlers.
  • -those shoes that look like feet

That just made me spit coffee all over my desk. Those shoes are ridiculous
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    ball caps worn incorrectly with a straight bill...i just want to grab the damn thing and fix it!

hate yoga pants on women that shouldnt wear yoga pants.../bleh!

oh and all the *kitten*'s that cant pull up their pants....honestly how in the hell do they keep the waist above the knees?!
    As for your last comment about the *kitten*'sthat can't pull up their pants...have you seen how the walk....lol...I dont like it either it irritates me...I think one of these days if I happen to be behind one of them..I just may have the urge to hike them down....and Im thinking my grandson and his friends will be the first...lol
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    ball caps worn incorrectly with a straight bill...i just want to grab the damn thing and fix it!

hate yoga pants on women that shouldnt wear yoga pants.../bleh!

oh and all the *kitten*'s that cant pull up their pants....honestly how in the hell do they keep the waist above the knees?!
    As for your last comment about the *kitten*'sthat can't pull up their pants...have you seen how the walk....lol...I dont like it either it irritates me...I think one of these days if I happen to be behind one of them..I just may have the urge to hike them down....and Im thinking my grandson and his friends will be the first...lol

If I can see their underwear and I mean like I can see their whole butt because their pants are sagging just under the cheeks, I lightly tap them on the shoulder and say excuse me but I just wanted to tell you privately that you have a really embarrassing skid mark showing on your underwear.
  • Any clothes that begin with a S
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Any clothes that begin with a S

Interesting. So you don't like shirts, slacks, shorts, or skirts. But you do like blouses, pants, and dresses?
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Rompers, skinny jeans, gladiator sandals, and those weird loose yoga pants that come down to mid-calf. If you want to wear a skirt, do it. Don't wear pants so loose that I'm confused. It's not nice.
    I'm not a huge fan of crocs on adults, but when you are dealing with a wiggly 2 year old, they are a blessing in the summer.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    I don't like flip-flops on men!

waaa??? Really? I think they're damn sexy

I also do not like flip-flops OR sandals on men. Cover them feet up, babe!
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    In the country town I live it, some people consider it perfectly acceptable to go to the shops in their pyjama pants and ugg boots with a jacket/hoodie over top. I admit I'm not averse to ducking out to the shop in my daggie trackpants but PJ's, really?!

We must be from the same country town lol... I see this look everywhere - ugghh.

Sorry that would be me. I rock some victoria's secret sweatpants a lot. I have about 10 pairs and to me they look better then some of the clothes I see others in such as jeans so tight you see their anatomy thru or disney t-shirts on adults.. Winnie the poo, on you?? For real? Come on now!
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Rompers, I forgot about them ugh!
    $70 + wornout jeans with holes and shreds. They look ok, but only if you made those holes and earned those faded marks yourself!
    Cowboy attire on people who wouldn't know which end of the horse to clean up after and which to feed!
    I hate the little pill box hats too.

I've not seen anyone actually wear this, but fake bras and lingere on little girls.

Make up on girls under the age of 12 for anythihng other than play.

I wear Tapout becasue I am a mma fan, and my boy fights! I'm eventually going to be designing shirts for him. Not Tapout of course since that would be a trademark infringement. :noway:

And omg I want to see Chale whup Silva again! I don't think he'll lose the match this time though!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Any clothes that begin with a S
    So you go around barefoot as you don't like socks and shoes and/or sandles... and no pipe and slippers for you at bedtime :wink:

Or do you only wear hoes with boots, flipflops and trainers :bigsmile:

I'm no fashionista ... it's hard to look cool when your belly's the size of a spacehopper :laugh: ...but I do wonder what is the point of leggings apart from allowing everyone but yourself to see every last unflattering lump of fat on your flabby tum, bum and thighs. :sick:

Socks and sandals on anyone under 80 unless they're from N Europe. :bigsmile:

Oh and skinny boys with their jeans half-way down their backside and 3" of underwear protruding above the waistband. :noway:

Football shirts on anyone who isn't a footballer playing football. :grumble:

Training gear worn as a fashion statement... it was silly in the 80s and it's still silly 30 yrs on! :noway:

Pointed-toed shoes on either gender, but when they're stilettos they must surely hurt! :cry:

Clingy-tops...unless you have a six-pack or a trim waist they just look wrong :noway:

The thing is, larger women can look fabulous in the right styles... Dawn French is a prime example. :smooched:

Men cannot hide their gut quite so easily, although if you're tall, a suit can be very flattering on the larger man. :wink:
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Okay folks - what you're about to read might blind you, so please, if you're sensitive, just skip on over this one.

Here it goes:

I WEAR UGGS! I LOVE THEM!!

I live in the Rockies in Colorado at 9,300 ft. As you can imagine, it gets COLD here and for about 8 months out of the year, it is extremely helpful to be wearing a warm, cozy boot that goes up to your knee. So, haters, quit hatin'!

Oh and you know what else? I wear them with leggings! I have a great *kitten*!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :smokin:

i think i love you. i own 5 pairs of UGGs

Yes!!

Confession - when Uggs came out I made endless fun of them, until I had to buy something warm for winter and tried some on... I live in Connecticut - last winter was brutal (5' high snow drifts on the sides of the road, NOT exaggerating...) and we're supposed to get dumped with 10" tonight and it's not even November yet. Sooo yes. I wear uggs. They are hella comfy.
    Oh also I'm the person with the most boring wardrobe in the world. Black / gray / blue tshirts and jeans baby. I do have some fun clothes, but for the most part if I have to work to put together an outfit every time I get dressed it gets stressful, and the whole point of fashion is enjoying it.

I second whoever said jumpsuits as an "oh honey no" fashion. I couldn't believe it when I saw them coming back in. :noway: also tweens that dress slutty...and when people don't realize what is and is NOT flattering for their body type and think they can wear anything they want. Oh and short sleeved mens dress shirts = geeky, long sleeved dress shirt with sleeves rolled up = sexy. :wink:
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    In the country town I live it, some people consider it perfectly acceptable to go to the shops in their pyjama pants and ugg boots with a jacket/hoodie over top. I admit I'm not averse to ducking out to the shop in my daggie trackpants but PJ's, really?!

Unfortunately, I don't think it's just in the country towns LOL, I work at a shopping mall... We call it "BOOT SEASON"... Could be good, could be bad, could U.G.L.Y. thats ugly!!
  • Any clothes that begin with a S
    So you go around barefoot as you don't like socks and shoes and/or sandles... and no pipe and slippers for you at bedtime :wink:

Or do you only wear hoes with boots, flipflops and trainers :bigsmile:

I'm no fashionista ... it's hard to look cool when your belly's the size of a spacehopper :laugh: ...but I do wonder what is the point of leggings apart from allowing everyone but yourself to see every last unflattering lump of fat on your flabby tum, bum and thighs. :sick:

For me it's just a dab of Channel No 5 and wanders
    Socks and sandals on anyone under 80 unless they're from N Europe. :bigsmile:

Oh and skinny boys with their jeans half-way down their backside and 3" of underwear protruding above the waistband. :noway:

Football shirts on anyone who isn't a footballer playing football. :grumble:

Training gear worn as a fashion statement... it was silly in the 80s and it's still silly 30 yrs on! :noway:

Pointed-toed shoes on either gender, but when they're stilettos they must surely hurt! :cry:

Clingy-tops...unless you have a six-pack or a trim waist they just look wrong :noway:

The thing is, larger women can look fabulous in the right styles... Dawn French is a prime example. :smooched:

Men cannot hide their gut quite so easily, although if you're tall, a suit can be very flattering on the larger man. :wink:

For Me it's just a dab of Channel No 5 and waders :wink:
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Rompers and those ugly souvenir t-shirts that look like they have paint splatters all over them and neon-colored. Blah! I went to Destin, FL back in August and they were EVERYWHERE! :/
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Oh, bright pink, red, orange, yellow, blue, purple jeans. I mean those BRIGHT ones they sell in the juniors section. I don't think they are flattering at all.

i love my bright red and blue skinny jeans :tongue: people always tell me they love them lol
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Uggs. I hate uggs, and size, shape, color, or style. With jeans, skirts, shorts, or nothing. Period, end of story.
  • Deathwithab
    Turtlenecks.

"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack AND a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down..."
    -mitch hedberg

^^ i love mitch! he was a great comedian
  • Deathwithab
    Tops like this that I'm fairly certain were just designed to hide a womans belly.

juicysmocked.jpg

babydoll-top.jpg

i think the top one is kinda cute
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member

I'm with ya! Guilty (it was once in high school just to Target for five minutes!!), but I hate it!!! Why would you wear pjs as pants?
    Skinny jeans should only be worn by women w/o hips IMO (I cannot wear skinny jeans lol)
    Skinny jeans on men OR HUGE baggy jeans on men...NO :noway:
    Anything stone washed...that was NOT a look that should have came back
    I don't want to see your butt crack
    White jeans...once again...WHY?!
    The boyfriend jeans for women just looks sloppy

I can't hate on Uggs anymore...I use to...till I wore a pair...OMG they're SO COMFY!!!

I gotta agree about the skinny jeans with hips...it's not about being bigger, its about big hips. I'm still bigger, but I have a kinda boyish body (straight waist and hips), so they work fine on me. But if you have curves, they don't look the best. However, if you feel confident then go for it! There's clearly excepetions to every rule.

I also hated Uggs til I got them.
    Okay folks - what you're about to read might blind you, so please, if you're sensitive, just skip on over this one.

Here it goes:

I WEAR UGGS! I LOVE THEM!!

I live in the Rockies in Colorado at 9,300 ft. As you can imagine, it gets COLD here and for about 8 months out of the year, it is extremely helpful to be wearing a warm, cozy boot that goes up to your knee. So, haters, quit hatin'!

Oh and you know what else? I wear them with leggings! I have a great *kitten*!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :smokin:

You have to have them in cold states!