whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options

Replies

• evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Once when I was working on campus at the dorm dining facility, I had a girl who was a freshman come up and order "dippy eggs". I smiled and asked her, "What are dippy eggs?" She laughed at me and said, "You know, eggs you dip your toast into? Come on every restaurant has dippy eggs!" I was still confused, but I kept smiling and said, "You mean eggs over easy?" She stopped laughing and looked me in the eyes and said, "No. Dippy Eggs." And then she sauntered off.

I told the cooks to make her eggs over easy. When I gave them to her, she smiled brightly and said, "See, I knew you knew what dippy eggs were!"

/facepalm
    How did she end up getting into college?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Once when I was working on campus at the dorm dining facility, I had a girl who was a freshman come up and order "dippy eggs". I smiled and asked her, "What are dippy eggs?" She laughed at me and said, "You know, eggs you dip your toast into? Come on every restaurant has dippy eggs!" I was still confused, but I kept smiling and said, "You mean eggs over easy?" She stopped laughing and looked me in the eyes and said, "No. Dippy Eggs." And then she sauntered off.

I told the cooks to make her eggs over easy. When I gave them to her, she smiled brightly and said, "See, I knew you knew what dippy eggs were!" and sauntered off.

/facepalm
    I called em dippies as a child...but yeah...only as a child.
  • klm80
    klm80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BBBAAAAHAHAHAHAH <3 this was ment to be a reply to the lady that said a guy told her Dinosors were put here to comfuse us!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I told the cooks to make her eggs over easy. When I gave them to her, she smiled brightly and said, "See, I knew you knew what dippy eggs were!" and sauntered off.

/facepalm
    Ha, I would've assumed she meant soft-boiled, so the yolk is still runny - that's the only time I dipped my toast into eggs as a kid.
  • Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options

/facepalm
    Ha, I would've assumed she meant soft-boiled, so the yolk is still runny - that's the only time I dipped my toast into eggs as a kid.

the yolk is still runny for eggs over easy
  • killagb
    Options

/facepalm

the yolk is still runny for eggs over easy
    Egg-zactly :bigsmile:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I told the cooks to make her eggs over easy. When I gave them to her, she smiled brightly and said, "See, I knew you knew what dippy eggs were!"

/facepalm

Dippy eggs? sounds like a "cultural" thing

Wikipedia says that's a Maryland thing...or Pennsylvania Dutch thing
  • killagb
    Options

/facepalm

Dippy eggs? sounds like a "cultural" thing

Wikipedia says that's a Maryland thing...or Pennsylvania Dutch thing
    My mother and her family is from PA.
  • Beeazlebub
    Options
    Let me go, let me go!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I worked in a bakery where we sliced bread fresh. A customer asked me for a sliced loaf and then freaked when I actually sliced it!!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Used to work in a deli.. We had this one woman who INSISTED on having her meat cut into dust pretty much, I put the slicer on the absolute lowest setting, and it wasn't thin enough for her..she started yelling at me that the slicer needed to be on ZERO, I politely told her that zero isn't an option, zero is when the machine is off..she argued with me, even when I showed her that it would not work on zero, then told me she was taking down my name and blah blah blah..nothing happened, but that was the worst experience that I've had with a customer.
    I am a server now, and I have learned that there are some people in the world that go out to eat, just simply to complain about something. I have had a ton of rude, selfish, *kitten* customers in all of the places I have worked, but the lady at the deli has to be my worst/oddest customer ever.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I work at a fast food place and once we had a guy ask for his meat cooked on the grill 8 times. 8 times! It wasn't even meat anymore.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    working in fast food for 7 years you hear ALOT of ridiculous requests. Working at wendys they have the "baconator" which comes in single double or triple. I had a man come thru drive thru order a Triple Baconator meal Large Size with a Diet coke.. He said he didnt want to go over his calories for the day and thats why he drinks diet.. So of course i had to laugh but to top it off He wants the bacon seperate from the sandwhich and crushed into tiny pieces and only have half the cheese on the sandwhich the other half with the bacon bits melted In a container.
    Ive been asked for sandwhiches to be cut into 1/4 size pieces.
    For meat to be rare but cooked on the outside only.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My first job was at Jimboys Tacos. No joke, customers actually used to come in and ask for tacos, no lettuce (the only thing that's good for you in the whole dang taco) with extra meat, extra cheese, and EXTRA GREASE! We already had to put a squirt of oil between every corn tortilla in the package (for some reason, still not sure why) and when they asked for extra grease, we had to take the grease from when we cooked the meat and pour it over the top of the tortilla while it was on the grill! GROSS!

We called them heart attacks. "Order up! 3 heart attacks!" :laugh:
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I used to own a restaurant and an old couple came in and ordered 2 dinners. They requested them to come out seperate. So the waitress tells me the old man was eating and the wife was watching, and then when the old man was done they requested the wifes meal. While the wife ate the husband watched......very, very odd. They also did the same for their dessert. After they finished I went to the table to ask them how their meal was, to which they replied wonderful. So I said I just have to ask, why do you two eat your food seperate? The man pulls out his teeth and say"we only have 1 set of dentures!!!" True story

NO WAY! That is so gross. **Running to puke now.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I worked at a funeral home a family had a father who died 2 days before their Florida vacation. They asked to have the visitation and funeral upon their return - in 2 weeks! And then they were upset when we couldn't offer them an open casket.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    lmao.. These are ridiculous.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I worked at a funeral home a family had a father who died 2 days before their Florida vacation. They asked to have the visitation and funeral upon their return - in 2 weeks! And then they were upset when we couldn't offer them an open casket.

WOW, that's pretty tactless!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My first job was at Jimboys Tacos. No joke, customers actually used to come in and ask for tacos, no lettuce (the only thing that's good for you in the whole dang taco) with extra meat, extra cheese, and EXTRA GREASE! We already had to put a squirt of oil between every corn tortilla in the package (for some reason, still not sure why) and when they asked for extra grease, we had to take the grease from when we cooked the meat and pour it over the top of the tortilla while it was on the grill! GROSS!

We called them heart attacks. "Order up! 3 heart attacks!" :laugh:
    Sooo disgusting!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

My uncles "daughters" (aka: his girlfriend's kids who were nowhere near family status, as far as our actual family is concerned) tried to do that. They wanted to postpone his funeral because they had tickets to Disney and were taking a Florida vacation. Thankfully, my mom did not let that happen, and put those *****es in their place.

Oh, and as for the "Eggies" thing...wow. That girl sounds like a real winner. :laugh: My family is from Maryland, but none of them call eggs like that "Eggies." Just "runny eggs" or "eggs that aren't cooked all the way" or something. :tongue: