whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Once when I was working on campus at the dorm dining facility, I had a girl who was a freshman come up and order "dippy eggs". I smiled and asked her, "What are dippy eggs?" She laughed at me and said, "You know, eggs you dip your toast into? Come on every restaurant has dippy eggs!" I was still confused, but I kept smiling and said, "You mean eggs over easy?" She stopped laughing and looked me in the eyes and said, "No. Dippy Eggs." And then she sauntered off.

I told the cooks to make her eggs over easy. When I gave them to her, she smiled brightly and said, "See, I knew you knew what dippy eggs were!"

/facepalm
    How did she end up getting into college?

Dippy eggs? sounds like a "cultural" thing

Wikipedia says that's a Maryland thing...or Pennsylvania Dutch thing
    My mother and her family is from PA.

Yes! PA Dutch thing! I call them dippy eggs, but order them "over easy" at restaurants so as to not confuse people. They are NOT however "sunny side up." I don't like to see the yellow, you gotta get that white cooked over it... Mmmmm.... I could go for some dippy eggs the way my dad always made them.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    guacamole bacon burger... wheat bun instead of white, 1 slice of cheese instead of 2, roman lettuce instead of iceberg, turkey patty instead of beef, no bacon, guacamole on the side .. so I can put on as much or little as I want, and I ask for it cut in half and a box brought with my meal ( that way I only eat half of the burger.. the other half is out of sight out of mind LOL) ... I KNOW I KNOW picky right... well I try to make very good choices even when we eat out. not to mention it take a regularly 1046 calorie burger to a 774calorie burger.. but I only eat half of that so its really only 387calories .. and yes I eat a small amount of fries hehehehe

This made me LOL. My BFF only likes chain restaurants (Red Robin, Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, etc). Last time we went to RR my order was like yours:

French onion soup, no crouton and no cheese, and without the focaccia bread.
    Grilled chicken Caprese salad, no dressing, no fried pepperoni, no cheese, no balsamic cream, bruschetta salsa on the side. And no focaccia.

Husband and BFF both got fried apps, burgers, and regular soups. Our server called mine the "no fun" meal. :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a tall women's clothing store that also sold larger women's shoes. We had a couple of male customers that liked to buy the fancy dresses and dressy stilettos for themselves.

I must say, they were always discrete and didn't try to use the change rooms.