HONEY IS NOT VEGAN!!!

Options

Replies

• JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    stfu already. show me your professional bee keeping degree and then you can talk and make a valid point, k.

So you are 'allowed' to voice your opinion, but others aren't.

You aren't a vegan and really could have done vegans a huge favour by not starting this thread. Vegans have a bad name, because people like you subject everyone to your ill thought out and incorrect opinions. No wonder so many people refuse to identify themselves publicly as vegan.

How about encouraging and supporting those that are reducing their use of animal products whatever their reasons? If somebody is 'almost' vegan then the odd bit of honey isn't really a disaster is it?

I've been vegetarian for *cough*27years*cough* and was vegan for about 7 months in 1987. In 1987 the vegan world was filled with only carob and disappointment..... I keep meaning to go back to it if only to break my addiction to cheese ;)

If I am not a vegan, then why is it relevant that vegans should care about what I say.

BTW- An OPINION is nor true nor untrue.....
  • onefourone
    Options
    not actually having popcorn but its the thought that is carrying me through the rest of the night/morning wtfe it is now lol
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    Question is it better for me to eat honey and not spray raid the bee's nests around my house in the spring in summer Or to give up honey and air attack the stinging *kitten*? Just wondering

I admit. I killed a bee's nest once. I have my flaws. And allergies...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Wow, control freak much? It's a free country... I'm sure vegan's who consume honey are doing their best to naturally sweeten the foods they consume in the most animal friendly way they know.

From http://www.vegan.org/FAQs/index.html
    "Is honey vegan? Again, it depends on one's definition of vegan. Insects are animals, and so insect products, such as honey and silk, are not traditionally considered vegan. Many vegans, however, are not opposed to using insect products, because they do not believe insects are conscious of pain. Moreover, even if insects were conscious of pain, it's not clear that the production of honey involves any more pain for insects than the production of most vegetables, since the harvesting and transportation of all vegetables involves many 'collateral' insect deaths.

The question remains a matter of scientific debate and personal choice. However, when cooking or labeling food for vegans —particularly vegans you don't know— it's best to be on the safe side and not include honey."
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Again, I quite like this. You know your stuff. Or at least Wikipedia'ed it. Touche.

I majored on molecular biology and genetics and have a masters on biotechnology (this one not really by choice to be honest). General biology, taxonomy and ecology were all obligatory classes but I have no beekeeping degree :p
  • onefourone
    Options
    Question is it better for me to eat honey and not spray raid the bee's nests around my house in the spring in summer Or to give up honey and air attack the stinging *kitten*? Just wondering

I admit. I killed a bee's nest once. I have my flaws. And allergies...

O O O how about if i only eat honey for the nests of the bees i kill that way they don't die for no reason?

Wait can't i am diabetic.. plus the raid flavor is not that popular ever since poor little Timmy.
  • onefourone
    Options
    Again, I quite like this. You know your stuff. Or at least Wikipedia'ed it. Touche.

I majored on molecular biology and genetics and have a masters on biotechnology (this one not really by choice to be honest). General biology, taxonomy and ecology were all obligatory classes but I have no beekeeping degree :p

SHHHH you are doing it again enough of that !!!
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

Well, you are smarter than me, congrats. The only thing I guess I have going for me is my passion and my commitment.
  • lessac
    Options
    Well, you are smarter than me, congrats. The only thing I guess I have going for me is my passion and my commitment.

Being educated has nothing to do with being smart. Read, research and learn; someone who lacks the scientific curiosity and doubt is not cut for it. It's science, not cooking. You won't go far with only passion and commitment. You could have in 18th century, but not in 21st. Just a friendly advice and sorry if I sounded too offensive. It's my usual morning *****iness coupled with lack of caffeine.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Posts like this need to be locked. What does this have to do with weight loss? Honey is notorious for being extremely HEALTHY for the human body. Every aspect of the bees production. Now IF it wasnt MEANT for consumption by humans, it wouldnt have so many nutritional aspects.
  • lessac
    Options

Fine, fine. My sincere apologies to you and your hypethetical popcorn :bigsmile:
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    the thread is about hypocrisy. Paleo diet wants us to eat like cavemen. Cavemen did not drive cars, maybe if they did they would have killed the bees and nobody would be eating honey.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I say this because I want to know EVERYTHING there is to know about bees.

Enroll in an entomology class and focus on hymenoptera then. I can breed you a healthy colony without any genetic vulnerabilities or super bees that are less prone to insecticides but that be it.

THERE ARE SUPER BEES???? Why are we enslaving them they will kill us all.................... *runs around in panic*
  • onefourone
    Options

Fine, fine. My sincere apologies to you and your hypethetical popcorn :bigsmile:

look it up Hypethetical popcorn has less calories so there :)
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Why do you care, poster? If vegans want to eat honey, and still call themselves vegan (or lack there of-whatever opinion you have), they can! It doesn't effect you, so chill out!
  • lessac
    Options
    THERE ARE SUPER BEES???? Why are we enslaving them they will kill us all.................... *runs around in panic*

Ah, that reminded me the movie Killed Bees!

And now the videos of Asian giant hornet is haunting me.... :indifferent:
  • lessac
    Options
    look it up Hypethetical popcorn has less calories so there :)

Yes! And it's hypothetically fullfilling! Yum! It doesn't always work but my sugar cravings do die after spending enough time just looking at recipes and pictures. I wish that always was the case :smile:
  • onefourone
    Options

Ah, that reminded me the movie Killed Bees!

And now the videos of Asian giant hornet is haunting me.... :indifferent:

its okay i actually googed bee rape and now that is going to haunt me.. don't do it.. just don't
  • lessac
    Options
    its okay i actually googed bee rape and now that is going to haunt me.. don't do it.. just don't

:noway:
    I'll stick to hornets chopping honey bees in half. Gotta love social bugs.
  • onefourone
    Options

:noway:
    I'll stick to hornets chopping honey bees in half. Gotta love social bugs.

They only do that because of their religious differnences.
This discussion has been closed.