Nice/Romantic Gesture OR Trying Too Hard

Options

Replies

• Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The roses were just an excuse She didn't want to go out with him again. It was just a romantic gesture, not a proposal of marriage. He probably walked into the florist, told her he wanted flowers for a date, and that's what they told him to get. He didn't know her well enough to get more personal, most likely.

I think it just wasn't meant to be.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    gosh what a f**king douche bag. flowers? seriously? who does this jerk think he is? i bet he even opened the car door for her. what a d!ckhead. man, some people. next thing you know he'll offer to pay for dinner. total *kitten*.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    He just didn't know! He was trying to do something nice.
    She should have accepted the flowers and then maybe on the third date or so told him that red roses are a bit over the top.
    Poor guy!

This story is so sad! :(
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Poor guy. I'm sure he was just trying to do something nice. I didn't realize so many women were so judgmental, especially after only two dates.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Too much too soon?
    Jesus, you would think he was asking her to be engaged or that he tried f*cking her. Hell, maybe he did *kitten* her on the first date ( you never know these days!) but the flowers are just too much.

This is a problem with some women. They are too picky. They b*tch, moan, and cry that they can't have a nice guy who is fond of them being thoughtful. Then when someone does something thoughtful like this, the b*tch, moan, and cry that it's too much.

So, tell us what you really think! :laugh:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    gosh what a f**king douche bag. flowers? seriously? who does this jerk think he is? i bet he even opened the car door for her. what a d!ckhead. man, some people. next thing you know he'll offer to pay for dinner. total *kitten*.

What do you want to bet that he opened the door for her when they went out the first time? F*cking a$sholes. Things like this is why women love bad boys.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well he better dang well better bring me flowers on the first date!!......expensive jewelery wouldnt hurt either......
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Too much too soon?
    Jesus, you would think he was asking her to be engaged or that he tried f*cking her. Hell, maybe he did *kitten* her on the first date ( you never know these days!) but the flowers are just too much.

This is a problem with some women. They are too picky. They b*tch, moan, and cry that they can't have a nice guy who is fond of them being thoughtful. Then when someone does something thoughtful like this, the b*tch, moan, and cry that it's too much.

So, tell us what you really think! :laugh:

Just did :)
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    guys can't win, can they? If they are not hopelessly romatic, we call them cold and distant. If they make a sweet gesture like bringing us flowers they are stalkers who try to hard. Give the guy a break- he did something nice for you- accept the nice gesture and get over yourself!! :love:

I agree... I mean if he was a total creeper I can see saying the roses were too much because you're looking for more reasons to say "OMG can you believe this guy....". But if that was the only reason she didn't want to go out with him I think its rude. If someone gives you a gift you should appreciate it, he obviously thought it was a sweet gesture and her dumping him over it has probably ruined him for the next woman. I love getting flowers and I'm not picky about what kind they are lol or when they are given.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Too much too soon?

I agree but I still think the chick is a fool. It had to be something else. I know if I liked a guy and he made a gesture that I thought was "too much" then I would just tell him. I wouldn't totally cut the guy off.
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Geez.....poor guy..
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My bf (ex now) sent me 12 roses on valentines day, we had only met the day before and on the 3rd date he told me he loved me but we were together for over a year before he turned into a total prick. My current bf who is amazing on the other hand heard I like hello kitty and on our first date bought me some hello kitty badges (somehow I was with him but I didn't spot him doing it) which was lovely! I think I have to agree, the right man the flowers would be wonderful, the wrong man its a good excuse (to herself) to give up on him.
  • virgo1978
    virgo1978 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    No offense, but your friend is a fool. Can I get that guy's number? Seriously... maybe he just really enjoyed their date and thought they had hit it off.

Ha! Is it bad that's what I was thinking? :laugh:
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    it totally depends on teh type of person you are. some people suck that *kitten* up; other don't. some people want the roses on the first date. some people dont give a *kitten*.

poor *kitten*...at least he f*cking tried...all these people who say "oh, oh i want this kind of guy or that kind of guy" sure do *kitten* on a kid when he's trying...

and if she really dug him, she would have explained that she felt like the flowers were too much and he would have backed off maybe...but who knows...she'll never know cause the poor *kitten* didnt get a chance. now if she wasnt digging him, she never should have gone on a second date with him.

*shrug* im just a turd b*tch today cause im working on three hours sleep.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    guys can't win, can they? If they are not hopelessly romatic, we call them cold and distant. If they make a sweet gesture like bringing us flowers they are stalkers who try to hard. Give the guy a break- he did something nice for you- accept the nice gesture and get over yourself!! :love:

Agree!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Depends if your first consideration is having a partner who has a highly polished understanding of the nuances of social etiquette.

Me, I prefer someone who is kind.

Frankly I couldn't give a flying *kitten* if he bought a dozen red roses on the spur of the moment, when perhaps a few yellow carnations would have been more appropriate, or never bought me flowers.

I feel so sorry for single guys, women are so bloody difficult sometimes. :angry:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I personally would be flattered if a guy was in to me enough to give me flowers on the 2nd date, I'd be more impressed if he showed up with them on the first... I think some women are too harsh and shouldnt judge based of 1 factor of a personality.

With that said I've dumped guys for less :brokenheart: but everyone has their own pet peeves.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Too much too soon?

I agree but I still think the chick is a fool. It had to be something else. I know if I liked a guy and he made a gesture that I thought was "too much" then I would just tell him. I wouldn't totally cut the guy off.

I totally disagree. after 12 years of marraige things that when we first met i though were kinda cute albiet a little annoying now are major issues that were just under the surface..... Just sayin... you cant be sucked in see it for what it is.
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    One day I was making my daughter dinner. It was pouring rain outside and I glanced out the back door. Someone was standing outside! I go to the door, and here it is this guy who took me out a few times who I had pretty much blew off. He was too nice. He was too touchy--always wanted to hold my hand or have his hand on my leg. urg.. I open the door and askedwhy he was there. He held out a bottle of cranberry juice and said "I came here to give you this" (I had been having health issues and the doctor was having me drink a lot of cranberry juice. I asked him if he wanted to cvome in. He said "no. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you". He lived an hour away from me!!

I was so blown away by it in a creepy, then not so creepy way. Yeah, it was creepy, but I knew he was just trying to be sweet.

He's my husband of 13years. We rarely argue and have an awesome family, business, house, etc.

I'd take the roses happily.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question:

If it's a guy she finds attractive and wants to be with, it was a nice / romantic gesture.

If it's a guy she does not find attractive, he was trying too hard.

If a guy she finds attractive hits on her, it's flattering.

If a guy she does not find attractive hits on her, it's creepy.

It's sad.. but this ^^ is true.