Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I drink it after my runs (recovery) and generally have it with my morning bowl of cereal... it's 2%, not whole.
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    A cup of 1% milk every morning with my cereal.
    :laugh:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yep. Not all of the time, but now and then. I prefer it with certain kinds of meals. I also try to include it with cereal, of course.
    Being a woman, I think it is really important to drink milk. :happy:

I also like the Silk Chocolate Milk. YUM!
  • achief192
    Options
    I drink 1% with breakfast on the weekends - only because I like it :drinker:
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    I don't drink nearly as much milk as I used to. I have 8 ounces 2 - 3 times a week with my morning oatmeal, and now and then in the evenings I'll have a couple of swallows. Maybe once a week I'll drink an 8 ounce glass of it with dinner.

My husband, though, will go through nearly a gallon a day if he's in the mood!!! (And he wonders why he can't lose weight)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nope.. but because it upsets my stomach now.
    I love milk and it breaks my heart I cannot drink it anymore.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Iv been trying to stick to a mostly water fluid intake. Haven't had milk in a while and I'm wondering if anyone else drinks it on a regular basis?
    nope.. i drink unsweetened almond milk... so much better for you and not chemically infested like regular milk

edit: it is only 45 calories per cup :wink:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Milk is for children under the age of 6. If you are older than that and drinking milk you should probably rethink that.

Why is that? I'm an adult and love a glass of milk. It also is a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Milk is for children under the age of 6. If you are older than that and drinking milk you should probably rethink that.
    Pray tell... why?
    I have heard of it and agree to some extent!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I do! i normally only have about one serving a day though, so when i first started a weight loss program i actually measured one cup of milk. I also eat a yogurt a day and a cheese stick. You know how they say in the milk commercials milk can help you lose/maintain weight? i think it's totally true. I can lose double the weight a week if i get a lot of calcium (all the items above plus a calcium with vitamin d supplement) Have a glass of milk! It's ok :)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    <~~~ vegan, haven't had milk since 2007

don't miss it. I drink unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk. I also use it for cooking. It has less sugars in it than regular milk. & if you must drink animal milk I hear that goat milk is better for you, it tastes better, but it is much more expensive.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes. I use soymilk in my protein drinks. Yum!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

What happens on your 6th birthday???
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Say wha?! I LOVE milk. I absolutely love a huge, cold glass of milk. I chug that ish.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yes, I still drink milk. I drink 2%, anything less than that is too watered down for my taste. A little high in calories? Yeah, but I like it enough not to really care.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of milk. It's yummy and a good source of protein and calories.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I get a Skinny Latte every morning on my way to work. It's my daily indulgence.
    Every now and then I'll have a glass of skim milk with a meal or if I've eaten something sweet, but I prefer not to drink my calories so this is rare.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I grew up a milkaholic haha and now, I only drink water. However, I use soy milk with my cereal...I like it better now! However, every so often I love a good glass of milk. :D
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    Most days I have it with supper we drink 1% here. I try to take a calcium supplement to make up for it if I don't drink it.. I have 5 children and a husband that have a unhealthy love of the mooo-juice.. So as a Mama I will usually give it to them before I have any. It's wonderfully good with with fudge dipped Oreo's!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You can get your vitamins elsewhere! I firmly belive that cow milk is for baby cows, and human milk is for babies...