THE Team - Week 4

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: <--- Tears of joy. Thanks friends, you are all so wonderful and supportive! I am grateful to all of you! And, adopt4, you should have MY job, you seem to tell me the things I would tell a client in for therapy. However, I am pretty sure I am not up for being mom to your kids. I love kids, don't ge me wrong, but I have kind of gotten used to the practice of loving other people's kids, then going home to my pets! :smile: Lazy at heart.

And, once again, laughter is the best medicine, and I am going to log the calories I laughed off when reading about your left leg. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks!

:heart: Love you all!

Chanty, GOOD LUCK at school.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I work out at home.. I don't have the time to go to a gym and it doesn't help that I am in the boonies and the nearest gym is 18 miles the wrong way.....

I do fine with free weights, stability ball, steps, a long hallway (great for walking lunges), bands, and a treadmill :smile: I just ordered a HRM and it was supposed to be here today but is delayed due to weather :explode: it's sunny here :grumble: I log my workouts and I am burning about 350 to 400 calories a workout.. That's a 60 to 90 min work out 6 days a week... I just can't seem to figure out how to burn more. My legs seriously won't go faster than a 3.4 on the treadmill.. I'd fall on my arce... I'm losing so I won't complain..

I have bought some dvd's to workout too but I have a complex about working out in front of my husband and its seems no matter how big this house is when ever I pop in a DVD he seems to be walking by the family room 20 times.. So those have to wait till he goes back to work...And I've typed so much I have forgot what my point was :huh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Beautiful blue sky day on the trail....I just got back from my wogging.

I shaved another 26 seconds off my time today. YAY!
    down to :

51:06 / 3.5 miles today
    51:34 / 3.5 miles on Monday
    55:40 / 3.5 miles on Saturday
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love it! You made me think, and the goal I came up with will help me get thinner faster!!!!

I keep falling off the wagon, (but trust me, I'm hanging on with all my might. My fingernails are dug in deep!)

See my new ticker for my goal!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options

down to :

Wow! Great job cm!! 3D_emoticon_14.gif
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    exerciseisfree - hang on girl! You can do it - its great to have a goal in front of you! Your ticker title stops so, is it for staying within calories for the next 30 days? Great goal!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    today I tryed to do the elliptical trainer today for the first time and omg I only lasted 2 minutes so next time i am going to try and do 4 and every time I am going to up it more boy does it get your cardio going I have only been doing the stationary bike for 30 minutes a day plus the water areobics. but I have also added a day to my work out to 4 days a week instead of 3
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    today I tryed to do the elliptical trainer today for the first time and omg I only lasted 2 minutes so next time i am going to try and do 4 and every time I am going to up it more boy does it get your cardio going I have only been doing the stationary bike for 30 minutes a day plus the water areobics. but I have also added a day to my work out to 4 days a week instead of 3

Sounds like you are doing great and have a great plan in place for increasing your exercise! :smile:
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    YEAH LULUBAR! I just noticed that. I've been bingeing lately ... sporadically, but still doing it. :frown: Today I traded in my 4 daily pieces of toast (breakfast and lunch) Heart Healthy(70 calories each) for 45 calories each Sara Lee delightful multigrain. :love:

This gave me an extra 100 calories. :drinker: Today is the first day that I didn't feel the need to eat my exercise calories (900), so I am way under. :wink: My past experience has been that I can pull a big calorie deficit over on my body about once every couple of weeks, but if I do it days in a row, It goes into starvation mode. :grumble:

I banked up 900 calories today! AND I REFUSE TO BINGE TONIGHT. See my thread on bingeing. Click the number below my name and you will see my most recent posts!

P.S. I think I have my ticker fixed!!!

Brenda
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Just spent a long time catching up on posts!

CM: great job on the wogging :bigsmile: and I'm glad to hear the camera is back.

Stillkristi: sounds like you have some things sorted out. its more mental work that physical some times. You're on the right track!:flowerforyou:

adopt4: Hurray. exercise for yourself is the best. A few years ago,I gained back a bunch of weight I lost becasue I did it for the wrong reasons (emotional eating is the worst:grumble: :grumble: ).

I am proud of myself this week for:
    1. swimming laps at the pool - 40 minutes worth :happy:
    2. started the 200 situps program - don't try after cardio workout - too exhausted!!!
    3. I wog every day.

Struggles:
    1. sore muscles from swimming
    2. hard to focus when you change the routine - body not used to it. I know give it a week or two.
    3. ate fast food pizza = 1000 calories!!!! I can't believe it. :explode:
    4. finding time to exercise at the gym and play with my daughter - it was beautiful outside today

I feel my body is in an adjustment stage after losing 15 lbs. I hope next week I can gain back some intensity in the workouts and learn the new routine of things. Until then I will carry on...
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just spent a long time catching up on posts!

CM: great job on the wogging :bigsmile: and I'm glad to hear the camera is back.

Stillkristi: sounds like you have some things sorted out. its more mental work that physical some times. You're on the right track!:flowerforyou:

adopt4: Hurray. exercise for yourself is the best. A few years ago,I gained back a bunch of weight I lost becasue I did it for the wrong reasons (emotional eating is the worst:grumble: :grumble: ).

I am proud of myself this week for:
    1. swimming laps at the pool - 40 minutes worth :happy:
    2. started the 200 situps program - don't try after cardio workout - too exhausted!!!
    3. I wog every day.

Struggles:
    1. sore muscles from swimming
    2. hard to focus when you change the routine - body not used to it. I know give it a week or two.
    3. ate fast food pizza = 1000 calories!!!! I can't believe it. :explode:
    4. finding time to exercise at the gym and play with my daughter - it was beautiful outside today

I feel my body is in an adjustment stage after losing 15 lbs. I hope next week I can gain back some intensity in the workouts and learn the new routine of things. Until then I will carry on...
    Hi TEAM, been away for a few days but I'm back. I've read the last few pages of post and you guys are always inspiring, keep it up. Looking forward to this Friday, I've been consistent with my wogging, but logging my intake has been kinda non existent. So, I'm really looking forward to Goal #2, and have researched a bikram yoga studio in my town..looks great, just gotta lose another 8lbs. It will happen, weigh in Friday, Good Luck to everyone, Zano
    132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team...... :wink:

I've come to the conclusion that I am more tired in the mornings doing my workouts. My muscles seem to be weak.. I could only do 37 mins on the treadmill :sad: I did increase the speed yesterday to a 3.3 from a 3.0 so I am hoping that is the reason... Yesterday was my day off and I didn't exercise till 9 am and I didn't get tired like I did this morning.. Maybe I need a day off:noway: who knows... I will figure it out...

I have also started the 200 situp challenge, and I have to agree.. Don't do it right after cardio.. However I always manage to work the tummy a bit after each workout....

Well I am off to get ready for work..:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Have a great day and I will check in later....

Anita
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    everyone is doing awesome at getting in movement! Great to hear.

Brenda- excellent work in realing back in from the binging.

healthymom- its great your mixing it up and confusing your body; even though your body might not be thanking you now it will soon:)

zano- awesome on the wogging. Is the yoga going to ge a reward for a certain weight loss goal?

Anita- please tell me you give your body one day a week to rest. If you haven't please do; I beg you on behalf of your body. It needs time to repair to make itself stronger. Maybe I just read your post wrong and your were insinuating an extra day of rest. I try to listen to my body.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options

AWESOME! Keep up the great work!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Prayerful- achoooo.. lol.. you hit the nail on the head!

I thought of you last night when I sneezed. lol
  • prayerfulmom
    Options

down to :

Your doing so great. I calculated it at like 14:36 pace or something close to that which is like 4.1mph. Keep up the good work.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    My determination has really been tested, stillkristi, with no longer having a consistent workout partner. My schedule got screwed up and then hers did or she stayed up too late... and i have a limited window of time when I can go to the gym when the kids club is open and after my oldest goes to school. But i've been there, almost in spite of myself. That's another reason for the switching stuff up.. nobody to talk to!! It's a matter of - why am I doing this? Because someone else is doing it? No. If I never worked out with li4g again.. I would like to think I'm going to continue to do it because I'm doing it for me.

You can't compare yourself to others. On this site when skinny chicks wail about their 10 pounds they need to lose, and I think I'd give my left leg to be their size (actually, my left leg IS their size), I just move on and blow them off. The people that really impress me is people like you, like FC, who started out doing what they could and worked on from there. THOSE people impress the hell out of me! And those people, people like YOU, stillkristi, are what keep me going. Because I know how hard it is to not be able to do something. I know how hard it is to sit on the sidelines. Even in this group I'm on the sidelines of the woggers and the 200 crunchers (200? Heck I can't do 2!!)

And to have someone comment on how MY workout seemed impressive? Shocked me to death. Me? And so you just never know, you can be an inspiration to someone else.

I am trying hard to really get my calories burned in the higher range. li4g was doing 500 cals at a time at the gym, it took everything I could just to do 300. But I couldn't compare myself to her - she's a LOT taller and a LOT skinnier and a LOT more in shape. Even though we work out together sometimes, I can't compare her little love handles to the massive amounts of weight I need to lose. It would make me lose heart.

Stillkristi - and anyone else who has to work out at home - invest in a good HRM so you CAN track what you're burning in your daily life and with your exercise. If I didn't have the gym to tell me what I"m burning, if I just logged the stuff on here it is WAY over for some reason of the calories the gym says I'm burning.

So now I'm pushing myself - not because of her, but FOR me. I've come a long way and it's getting harder and harder to drop that weight, harder and harder to get my heart rate up, etc. Today I did: 13 mins elliptical (first time for doing that in 1 shot!), 18 mins treadmill, 11 more elliptical, 12 on the bike. Total: 501 calories burned. Then I went and worked out my back and shoulders. Ow.

words of wisdom. Your doing great!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    LI4G - on February 1 two years ago I promised my dad that if he would quit smoking, so would I. He made the promise with me. That was on a Friday and on Sunday he quit. Monday morning he had a massive heart attack, he never regained consciousness and on Wednesday he died. It was unexpected and heartbreaking to say the least - not long after he died, I realized that I really did have to quit smoking 'cuz there was no way to take back my promise - and I was pretty ticked off 'cuz he took the easy way out - no withdrawal, no cravings, no having to change ALLLLL his habits to avoid cigarettes - the big CHEAT! And I also realized that my sweet dad, dead of a heart attack at age 65 would probably not have suffered that fate if he had taken better care of himself - if he had quit smoking a long time ago. I was stuck with a promise and with the guilt of knowing my dad didn't have to die that way.

I knew that the reason I had not wanted to quit was because I didn't want to gain a bunch of weight. I had to decide that in the long run, a 15 to 20 weight gain was acceptable in order to get off the smokes - I was already about 30 lbs overweight. I went to the Dr. and got a prescription for Chantix. It was a miracle drug for me - I quit smoking March 29, 2007 - stayed on the drug for about 40 days - and barely had a craving. I gained 30 lbs over the last two years - but I also was not exercising, or eating right, AND I also had a complete hysterectomy during that time which COMPLETELY messed with my body and metabolism!

Now, I am paying attention to getting the weight off - to getting healthy in a whole new way - and I LOOOOVE being a non-smoker! I can not believe the amount of freedom it has given me.

Just thought I'd share my quitting story with you for what it's worth ~ also - since I quit, I very very rarely have allergy flare-ups - :smile: I am the last person that will ever preach to anyone about quitting, so please don't take my post as that - it's just meant to be a seed of encouragement to show it's possible - and it's possible that it not be excruciatingly hard....:flowerforyou:

I'm a former smoker too. I quit at my dad's funeral. He was 50. I wan't feeling too optomistic about longevity as his dad died at 36 and his grandfather at 55. Decided I better do what I can while I can because while I'm here I don't want to self inflict unnecessary illness on my body.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

I am trying hard to really get my calories burned in the higher range. li4g was doing 500 cals at a time at the gym, it took everything I could just to do 300. But I couldn't compare myself to her - she's a LOT taller and a LOT skinnier and a LOT more in shape. Even though we work out together sometimes, I can't compare her little love handles to the massive amounts of weight I need to lose. It would make me lose heart.

:laugh: :laugh: my love handles are NOT little!!! :noway: Being taller does help...but..it makes finding clothes a pain in the *kitten*! Especially pants!

You did forgot to mention that i am younger tho..:tongue::laugh:

My butt is awake, has had breakfast and I have no migraine today! I never did make it to the gym yesterday. Just couldnt do it. I had pizza and beer last night for dinner so I am DEFINITELY going to the gym this morning before J gets here at noon.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Li4g, :laugh: :laugh: Your butt has had breakfast. :laugh: :laugh: However, the rest of you has a migraine. :cry: :cry: Sorry about that. Still, happy for your butt!

Ok, now that I have the jr. high school humor out of my system - How is everyone? Prayerful mom and lulu and cmr, how do you guys remember what everyone has said well enough to post something very personal to each and every one of us? I start trying to do that, because I really do enjoy catching up with everyone, new folks, folks that only check in every now and then, and the stalwart every day posters. I rejoice when you meet goals and I am in awe of your progress (ok, and a little envious, :embarassed: but we talked about that yesterday and I am refocused, thanks! ) and I weep at your pain. BUT, :embarassed: I don't remember the details of everyone's post enough to make those individual comments. I wish I did! Let me just say, you all make my day.

Now, because I am new, and as always, needy :blushing: :grumble: :blushing: I have yet another question. It is regarding mid week motivation. At the end of the week, I start to be motivated, because I am going to weigh in soon, and at the beginning of the week, I am all excited about my recent weight loss. But, mid week, I seem to sort of run out of motivational steam. I could weigh mid week, but I am really trying to not make this about the scale, but about my new life - not a diet if you get what I am thinking. Any ideas? Its mostly to push myself to exercise. I am generally doing pretty well sticking to my eating plan, and if I deviate, I still have calories to spare. Would love your suggestions. Thanks my friends. :heart: