THE Team - Week 4

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Wait, I read that wrong! The rest of you has NO migraine. YEA!!!!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Anita- please tell me you give your body one day a week to rest. If you haven't please do; I beg you on behalf of your body. It needs time to repair to make itself stronger. Maybe I just read your post wrong and your were insinuating an extra day of rest. I try to listen to my body.

My day of rest is usually Saturday or Sunday depending on what we are doing.. But I only work out 6 days a week.. But my body was so tired this morning...

Anita
  • nitag
    Options

I am trying hard to really get my calories burned in the higher range. li4g was doing 500 cals at a time at the gym, it took everything I could just to do 300. But I couldn't compare myself to her - she's a LOT taller and a LOT skinnier and a LOT more in shape. Even though we work out together sometimes, I can't compare her little love handles to the massive amounts of weight I need to lose. It would make me lose heart.

:laugh: :laugh: my love handles are NOT little!!! :noway: Being taller does help...but..it makes finding clothes a pain in the *kitten*! Especially pants!

You did forgot to mention that i am younger tho..:tongue::laugh:

My butt is awake, has had breakfast and I have no migraine today! I never did make it to the gym yesterday. Just couldnt do it. I had pizza and beer last night for dinner so I am DEFINITELY going to the gym this morning before J gets here at noon.

LIFG you fed your butt.. Thats funny...
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Good Morning Team...... :wink:

I've come to the conclusion that I am more tired in the mornings doing my workouts. My muscles seem to be weak.. I could only do 37 mins on the treadmill :sad: I did increase the speed yesterday to a 3.3 from a 3.0 so I am hoping that is the reason... Yesterday was my day off and I didn't exercise till 9 am and I didn't get tired like I did this morning.. Maybe I need a day off:noway: who knows... I will figure it out...

I have also started the 200 situp challenge, and I have to agree.. Don't do it right after cardio.. However I always manage to work the tummy a bit after each workout....

Well I am off to get ready for work..:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Have a great day and I will check in later....

Anita

Yeh, go for the sit ups Anita! :tongue:
  • nitag
    Options
    Prayer for Baby Kole, (my nephew)he is having surgery to put in a prosthetic Diaphram and take some of those organs out of his chest and see what they can fit into his stomach.. He will be going into surgery at 12:30 and the Drs are saying about 5 or 6 hrs..

Anita
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hey, LI4G, you're only a FEW years younger, you brat!! :noway:

Stillkristi, I feel your pain about midweek. That's when I start going downhill too in my motivation. Don't really have a good answer for you except to push thru - you CAN do it!!!

I'm so proud of myself today. Yesterday I was under cals by 300 (whoo-hoo!) but still well over what i need to eat... and today I got my workout buddy back and so today was easier, I did 13 min twice on the elliptical!! Then 22 mins twice on the treadmill! So I did an extra 195 cals over what I "need" to do on MFP, and did 70 mins instead of my goal of 45! I love those days!

I got a free sample of a protein shake from Max Muscle that you're supposed to drink 20 mins before your workout. Not sure if that helped or just having someone to talk to helped! Will see if it's the same tomorrow. I'm still pretty happy, bouncing off the walls with endorphins.

Praying for baby Kole. My oldest was a micro-preemie that went into respitary and cardiac arrest when he was 6 mos old, basically died in my arms (surgical complication after being released, we'd only been home 20 mins from the hospital). But somehow, magically, they got everything started up again at the hospital and he was fine, although they told us there was basically zero chance of him surviving or having brain function. Well tell that to my little writer who is now nearly 6 yrs old! Babies are AMAZINGLY resilient...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    :heart: Please God, watch over baby Kole when he goes into surgery today. Give him strength and please guide the hands of the surgeons and staff responsible for his care. His family needs you too, please bless them with the courage and peace to make it through this difficult day. :heart:

Anita, can you come back later and give us an update? Our thoughts are with you.

~cmr
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    our prayers are with baby kole through his surgery and his recovery, hope all goes well. our thoughts and prayers are with the family as well
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    LOLLOL What I MEANT to say was that my butt was awake and that I had had breakfast. Leave it to me to leave 1 letter out and change the context completely. :laugh: My butt didnt eat rice chex this morning, but my mouth did!! :laugh:

I burned 566 cals at the gym this morning. Im Wayyyyyy over my goal for the week so far. Im just hoping I see the results tomorrow. Tomorrow Im hoping to get in a good swim and just take it easy on the treadmill. I need a lazy workout day. Headache is gone but I still have the day after migraine blahhhhhhhs.

Kristi- Mid week motivation is a tough one for me also. For me, I try to find something actively FUN to get over that hump so I dont think so hard about it. Like for me...if Im struggling to get in my workout all at once, I'll stop about 1/2 way and find something else to do that I wouldnt normally have done. For me... things like taking a walk through the mall, browsing at clothes that are a few sizes too small are a good motivator. I still get some walking in..and sometimes I try stuff on just for fun. Trust me... there are times that THAT is a workout in itself.. :laugh: ok its not as fast as wogging on a treadmill but its still calories burned! I cant afford to buy anything right now so I mostly just window shop...but just looking and thinking "wow, another 10 pounds and I could wear that !" or "once I get to my goal weight, that would be so cute!" tends to get me over that slump. Sometimes I'll find a little reward like some smelly relaxing bath soak, new cosmetics or something small and girlie to boost my mood. I keep it cheap cuz really the whole point is to get the extra activity in, not go broke in the process.. LOL
  • cmriverside
    Options
    swignal,

Welcome! I got busy yesterday and didn't say "hi" to you. I hope you continue to come here and share your journey with us. You never know who you may help by telling your story.

I sent you a personal message, too.:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Prayerful mom and lulu and cmr, how do you guys remember what everyone has said well enough to post something very personal to each and every one of us?

kristi. bwah ha ha. I have YOU fooled.:laugh:

I feel bad when I do one of those posts and then find I've forgotten someone....

I open a Word doc and make notes while I'm reading through the new posts since the last time I was on. Memory left decades ago.

:glasses:

Dewdrop - Welcome, and have fun, the people on here are so nice! Well... um bad me I do no think I could stay away from the internet for a day or two (unless on vacation obviously)! Thank you for the luck!

Prayful - oh be nice with the scolding :tongue:

Lulu!!- Oh I missing you too! I am trying to study, and do my papers too...damn I hate procrastinating!

Li4g- Thanks! Hope all is going well!

cmr - yes....I will but class is soon!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Oh I am going to weigh in today for tomorrow, because I am going to stay off here tomorrow!

Chanty - SW 148/CW 138!!!!/GW 125 - 1lb lost

Love ya guys! Keep fit and have funn...(had to steal it from Bodybreak:laugh: )
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    yea Chanty!!! :drinker:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Chantybear!!!!!! You hit the 10 pound mark!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy dance for you....
    yenta4-emoticon-0031.gif
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Prayerful mom and lulu and cmr, how do you guys remember what everyone has said well enough to post something very personal to each and every one of us?

kristi. bwah ha ha. I have YOU fooled.:laugh:

I feel bad when I do one of those posts and then find I've forgotten someone....

I open a Word doc and make notes while I'm reading through the new posts since the last time I was on. Memory left decades ago.

:glasses:

Yeah, my memory is shot too....

why am i making this post????:ohwell: Oh, yeah ... I open a second internet window and open our thread in it too and flip back and forth between reading and posting a reply.... yep, I'm a cheater like that :smokin:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I only remember words to songs anymore. But I figure people will think I am weird(er) if I go around singing everything.
  • nitag
    Options
    :heart: Please God, watch over baby Kole when he goes into surgery today. Give him strength and please guide the hands of the surgeons and staff responsible for his care. His family needs you too, please bless them with the courage and peace to make it through this difficult day. :heart:

Anita, can you come back later and give us an update? Our thoughts are with you.

~cmr

Thank you everyone for your prayers... Kole is out of surgery and doing Ok.. They had to remove his spline, they put in the prosthetic diaphram but it's to big so they will have to correct that at a later date. All of his organs were removed from his chest except for his intestines and put where they belong.. They were going to take him off Ecmo tomorrow but now they are saying Sat. They want to see how he does.. He is a strong little boy...

Ok, now I can relax and read some posts...

Anita
  • cmriverside
    Options

~cmr

Thank you everyone for your prayers... Kole is out of surgery and doing Ok.. They had to remove his spline, they put in the prosthetic diaphram but it's to big so they will have to correct that at a later date. All of his organs were removed from his chest except for his intestines and put where they belong.. They were going to take him off Ecmo tomorrow but now they are saying Sat. They want to see how he does.. He is a strong little boy...

Ok, now I can relax and read some posts...

Anita

Thanks for letting us know. Take care of yourself. Our thoughts are still with Kole and your family.
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    everyone is doing awesome at getting in movement! Great to hear.

Brenda- excellent work in realing back in from the binging.

healthymom- its great your mixing it up and confusing your body; even though your body might not be thanking you now it will soon:)

zano- awesome on the wogging. Is the yoga going to ge a reward for a certain weight loss goal?

Anita- please tell me you give your body one day a week to rest. If you haven't please do; I beg you on behalf of your body. It needs time to repair to make itself stronger. Maybe I just read your post wrong and your were insinuating an extra day of rest. I try to listen to my body.
    prayerfulmom, yup, its goal 2 on my goal list, at 20lbs lost 20 visits at a bikram yoga studio:smile: ..:smile: