Good foods to help you feel full on 1200 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    anything protein, whole grain ..fresh fruit is always good ... i also eat nonfat greek yogurt with a cup of frozen or fresh berries in it for in between meals
  • cmckay27
    Options
    1/4c homemade hummus with no tahini with a HUGE plate of veggies. Regular hummus still has more calories, so I make it myself. Cheap, healthy, yummy and much easier on the numbers. Oh, and I've had to push the veggies away because I had so many I couldn't finish them!.

Hummus - I don't have the recipe on hand, but i think its just a can of chickpeas, wee bit of sesame oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and reserved bean juice to make it the right texture, in a food processor.

Sounds yummy! Will try that and it's loaded with protein!!!
  • gavrielaw101
    Options
    New here too and still trying to figure healthy recipes to stay at 1200 calories. For snacks/lunch I like sliced tomatoes topped with 1.5% cottage cheese and smokey paprika, Lundberg tamari seaweed or sesame rice cakes topped with 1/4 small avacado and tomato slice (137 calories) and sardines or herring pieces (in wine sauce) on Triskets.
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I make a vegetable cabbage soup. It has tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, carrots celery, and tons of cabbage. Then I fill the pan with a box of chicken or vegetable broth and a can of V-8 juice. 2 cups are about 150 calories. I add spices such as a 21 salute or a mixed italian spice but anything you like would probably work!
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a late night snacker. I do it out of habit even when I am not hungry. So, when I am not hungry and just want to snack, I get a whole dill pickle. It is 0 calories and does the trick. I spread out my calories during the day, too. I am also on a 1200 calorie a day diet and my day typically looks like this:

Breakfast: 200-220 calories
    Snack: 120-150 calories
    Lunch: 200-260 calories
    Snack: 120-150 calories
    Dinner: 250-350 calories
    Snack: 80-120 calories
    (If I want an extra late night snack or extra snacks, I get pickles)
  • gavrielaw101
    Options
    To make a low-cal slaw I use the bagged 3-color variety. For 3 cups I add 2T sunflower seeds, 2 tsp organic sugar and 1T rice vinegar. Can also add chopped red pepper and cilantro. My new fav!
  • crazy_legs
    Options
    Butternut squash 200 grams is only 80 cals 21grams of carbs 4g fiber. I bake it with some cinnomin. I find it taste like yams with half the cals. Spaghetti squash is good to I use it to replace pasta and a plate load is only like 80 cals.
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.....somehow, my wife makes it work. I would suggest lean meats and higher fiber foods, like beans.
  • beautiful217
    Options
    Any protein is good...
  • LittleNeely
    Options
    Options hot chocolate is a diet saver. 40 calories a cup and I find hot liquids fill me up/curb my apppetite for a while.

I usually make a HUGE mug so it's 80 calories, but still, and sweet cravings are sorted with. Yummay!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Why would you only be eating 1,200 calories?
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    High protein (not high fat protein.....beef under 4g fat serving, chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, protein powder, lean pork, beans, tofu) and high fiber (high fiber tortillas, breads, hot cereals, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, banana, sweet potatoes) will fill up and help weight loss.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nutrient dense, high protein foods... MEAT, VEGGIES, and fruits.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    plus, daily exercise gives you more than a 1200/day limit.
  • getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MEATS!
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts
    Pork Loin

VEGGIES!
    Bags of steamed vegetables (Birdseye Steamfresh are awesome especially the ones with brocolli, cauliflower, and carrots). Green Giant makes some good steamed veggie bags too.

Eat enough of the above to feel full while not going over your calories. Careful with any condiments you add, don't go overboard.
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    Kashi cereal for breakfast is awesome! I eat one cup of the kashi go-lean crunch almond flax protein and fiber cereal every morning at 10am with 1 cup of almond breeze. The cereal by itself is 220calories and the almond breeze is 40 calories for the cup. Together its 240 calories and keeps me full until about 1-1:30 ish.
  • chachan
    chachan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I picked up a Starbuck's oatmeal today around 9:30am and it made a world of difference. Plus, it's sweet! That seems to be the hardest thing to give up for me...sugar! For those who asked, 1200 calories seems to be the running amount for lots of folks on MFP. I do eat every single (and sometimes more) calorie that I earn through exercise and exceed that recommended goal typically. The weight is falling off V E R Y S L O W L Y this time around...was in my 30's when I lost it before. I used WW then, but I think the difference is just age!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Why would you only be eating 1,200 calories?

MFP has me on this amount of calories as well in order for me to lose what I want to lose.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    veggies!! i know people have already said that but i want to reiterate :)