The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning! Hope the weekend and Easter treated you well! It was busy for me and I got NO sleep last night due to a sick dog and some restless cats! :grumble: SO I am exhausted this morning! But at work and gotta get to it! SO...I'll chat more later!

How are you today, Tam?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi K!! Sorry you are so tired!! That stinks. You need so much extra rest when pregnant!:frown:

Had a lovely Easter, thank you!!

And had my u/s this morning and it's......A BOY!! :flowerforyou:

So, I'll have my two little guys! I can't wait to see them grow up being buddies!!( HOPEFULLY!) haha!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am SO happy for you! Have you picked out a name yet for this little guy?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    My new little love! Waving to you all at MFP!! :wink: :laugh: :heart:
    39610_6918.jpg
  • kistinbee
    Options
    TAM!!! OMG!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: I LOVE it!!!! How exciting!!!! I cannot wait until my ultrasound!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Mornin preggo's!!

Hope you had a good night. This little guy is getting more and more active. Starting doing cartwheels at 5:45 this morning!!:tongue::laugh:

Gotta love it!!! :love:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    Yay! Glad everything went well, Tam!:drinker: SO...that gestational diabetes test...is that routine? My doc didn't mention that.

I'm doing well this morning. Been busy at work, and now enjoying some lunch before getting back to business! :tongue: But feeling good! YAY!:happy:
    Happy to hear you're doing well!!

And I think the gestational diabetes test is routine. At least around here. They may give you the paperwork at your next appointment. Last time, I just went to Quest Diagnostics (where I do my blood work) and they had me drink this gross orange stuff. Tastes like really flat, and SUPER sweet Hi-C or something. They test your blood before and then after. If you fail that test, they do a 3 hour one!! But even that can sometimes come back with a negative for gestational diabetes. My friend failed the hour long one and had to do the 3 hour test but was fine.

oh how I miss being pregnant! oh I just love babies and everything that goes with it. EXCEPT that glucose test. YUCKY. i found out with my last two there is a meal alternative to the orange drink. My midwife gave me a menue for the test. it was something like 2 eggs(anyway other than fried) spinach, ham and toast
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yay! Glad everything went well, Tam!:drinker: SO...that gestational diabetes test...is that routine? My doc didn't mention that.

I'm doing well this morning. Been busy at work, and now enjoying some lunch before getting back to business! :tongue: But feeling good! YAY!:happy:

And I think the gestational diabetes test is routine. At least around here. They may give you the paperwork at your next appointment. Last time, I just went to Quest Diagnostics (where I do my blood work) and they had me drink this gross orange stuff. Tastes like really flat, and SUPER sweet Hi-C or something. They test your blood before and then after. If you fail that test, they do a 3 hour one!! But even that can sometimes come back with a negative for gestational diabetes. My friend failed the hour long one and had to do the 3 hour test but was fine.

oh how I miss being pregnant! oh I just love babies and everything that goes with it. EXCEPT that glucose test. YUCKY. i found out with my last two there is a meal alternative to the orange drink. My midwife gave me a menue for the test. it was something like 2 eggs(anyway other than fried) spinach, ham and toast
    Oh, that sounds a lot better than the glucose drink!!!! LOL!!! I wish mine would do that!!!:grumble:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options

Oh, that sounds a lot better than the glucose drink!!!! LOL!!! I wish mine would do that!!!:grumble:

you can always look up th stuff hand a print out to your dr and ask. worst he says is no :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    GOOD morning! Hope you are well today Tam! So...can you really feel the baby moving a lot? I feel things that I think are the baby, but I don't know forsure. And it's not all the time yet. I SO badly want to feel my little one!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Tami had suggested I join you girls since I have recently found out I am pregnant. You two are well on your way and I am still in the "danger zone" but I would love to be part of the support and encouragement you have here.

I love MFP and do not know how I made it all these years without it! It really keeps me motivated and in check. Even now that I am know longer able to diet I love that I still have to be held accountable to everything I am eating by entering it into the system; it also is a great way to make sure that the proper amount of cals are being reached.

I read your older posts and am so excited for you both! Sounds like you are feeling really good and have wonderful attitudes! Hooray!!!:happy:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hi there!

Tami had suggested I join you girls since I have recently found out I am pregnant. You two are well on your way and I am still in the "danger zone" but I would love to be part of the support and encouragement you have here.

I love MFP and do not know how I made it all these years without it! It really keeps me motivated and in check. Even now that I am know longer able to diet I love that I still have to be held accountable to everything I am eating by entering it into the system; it also is a great way to make sure that the proper amount of cals are being reached.

I read your older posts and am so excited for you both! Sounds like you are feeling really good and have wonderful attitudes! Hooray!!!:happy:
    Welcome!! Definitely let us know if we can help you through the "Worry" stage!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    GOOD morning! Hope you are well today Tam! So...can you really feel the baby moving a lot? I feel things that I think are the baby, but I don't know forsure. And it's not all the time yet. I SO badly want to feel my little one!
    Oh yes! He is moving all the time. I think sine this is my 2nd, I can tell the difference between gas, digestion and the baby moving!! :laugh: :laugh:

Don't worry! You'll soon not have a DOUBT!! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Will be 19 weeks exactly tomorrow. :happy:
    39610_3960.jpg
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Tam! You look GREAT!!! And thanks...I can't wait to feel my little one!

Chuffmn...WELCOME! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:flowerforyou: I am SO excited to have you join us! It's nice to be able to talk with each other about what we are going through! So...how far along are you? Have you been having morning sickness?
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Hello Ladies! Thank you so much for having me!

I am only 4 weeks pregnant so we have not told anyone at all; you girls are the only ones I get to jaw about it with :wink:

I have had 2 miscarriages in the past (many years a part from each other) but this one feels different. I am very nauseous and dizzy and was not like that before. I am hoping it is a sign of strong hormones! It is as if I have super sonic smell today too. Anything stinky within a 5 mile radius and I am turning green lol!

I was hoping to have a baby before 35 too but alas, I turned the big 3 5 in March. Oh well; what can you do?! I am super duper excited and really looking forward to the coming months! Wish I could catch up w/ you two somehow!

Tami you look beautiful!!! You also look like you are in great shape!

Thanks again; I look forward to chatting it up with you both and watching the two of you progress. It won't be long now until you have baby pics!!!

-Cris
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning Tam and Cris! Happy Friday!:drinker: <--water for sure!:wink:

Tam...how are you feeling? Hope you're having a good morning!

Cris...as it is early in your pregnancy, take it easy. Drink lots of water (I think this helped me a lot) and do only what you feel you can. I had a rough couple of weeks in the first trimester, and I spent a lot of time on the couch. (Thank goodness for my wonderful husband!) I wish you the best of luck, and please keep us updated with how things are going. We've been through it all not too long ago!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hello darlings! :heart:

Doing well this morning. Hope everyone else is!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Good Morning Girls! It's Friday and I am super psyched! Plan on doing some hard core R&R this weekend and throw a couple works-out in there so I do not feel entirely lazy :wink:

I feel good this morning! Just ate some breakfast and so far and not nauseous! Wahoo! Can't really ask for more than that at this stage!

Any big plans this weekend?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Not much this weekend for me. Hopefully just some stuff around the house. We are finishing the basement and need to clean out the spare room to prepare the nursery! YAY! I can't wait to get to that stage...probably not this weekend, but it's getting closer!!!:bigsmile: