WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• diamonds50
    diamonds50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: I'M HAPPY THAT I'VE FOUND THE FITNESS PAL I'VE JUST STRATON FEB15 2012 AND MY FRIST WEIGHT IN IS WEDURDAY 22, 2012 WHEN I'VE START THIS I'VE WEIGHT 179 POUND WANT TO GET TO 145 POUND AND I'VE THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO DO THIS ON MY FITNESS PAL PORGAM.......BECAUSE I'VE TRY ALL OF DEIT NO WEIGHT LOSE FROM NOTING SO I'M EXCITED TO COMPETLE MY GOAL WITH THIS......HAVE A BLESS NITE...
  • diamonds50
    diamonds50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: SORRY TO HERE THAT I'LL WILL KEEP YOU ALL IN MY PRAYER THEY WILL GET YOUR BROTHER SOME WHERE TO GO THERE ARE SIECD LIVEING HOME THAT HE CAN GO TWO........CHECK WITH SOME KIND OF SOURSE LIKE UNIT HEATH CARE WILL FIND HIM A PLACE TO LIVE....HAVE A BLESS NITE..
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Feels like Spring here today...supposed to snow tomorrow. Sigh. I'm so confused!

MacMadame - so glad MiniMac's tonsillectomy is over and she's on the mend.

Exermom - what simple step DVD do you recommend? I want something somewhat challenging in intensity but simple in the steps. I have two left feet.

Blissfuldrake - yeah, I had back boobs. Got married a couple years ago (simple wedding at a courthouse) and the few wedding pictures I approved for distribution are cropped in close to cut out my lumpy back. I have loose skin there, which is not a common place for it!

jb_2011 - thanks for all the thought-provoking quotes. I especially liked this one:

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
    ― Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

I'm working day by day on my perception of myself. My first thing is to decide I WON'T try to get thinner even though I still see myself as heavy. I'm healthy, I'm happy...what more could I ask?

Megathome111 - the Mardi Gras themed shindig sounds like a blast. Burning those calories dancing for a great cause.

Welcome to the new faces we're glad to have you.

And to the folks under the weather, feel better soon! That's an order!

This reply is getting too long to post my Glamour Shots (they came in today, hooray!), so I'll do another below just for them.

Have a great Sunday all! We can do this.

Virginia
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    They came in! My Glamour Shots came in. For those who don't know, I had Glamour Shots done to celebrate making my goal weight. I've always secretly wanted to have them done, but was so self-conscious about my weight that I didn't like a camera pointed at me.

This was me at 319 lbs:
    beforesmaller.jpg

And this is me now....
    smallavatar-4.jpg
    smallavatar-5.jpg
    smallavatar-2.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Virginia, I don't have the words to express my delight at your glamor photos or the admiration for what you've accomplished in reinventing yourself...I am honored to know you and look forward to continuing to learn from you.:heart::bigsmile:
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    They came in! My Glamour Shots came in. For those who don't know, I had Glamour Shots done to celebrate making my goal weight. I've always secretly wanted to have them done, but was so self-conscious about my weight that I didn't like a camera pointed at me.

OMG! You look absolutely fabulous! I am totally in awe of you. What a wonderful inspiration you are. Thanks for sharing the photos and showing everyone that it can be done!
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Virginia, you look amazing and I'm sure you feel just as good as you look. Congratulations on a wonderful job.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures Virginia, thanks for sharing.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers

Drove to FL today. For some reason, I woke up at 4:30 this morning, so I did 2 hrs of yoga. We didn't leave until 9:30. Wish Vince would leave earlier, when we get here later I can't run the vacuum and things. Also, since we left so late, Vince skipped stopping for lunch. Fortunately, I had 1/2 a sandwich in the car with me so I wasn't starving. Put these miniPopTarts for him in the car so he had them. Not a great lunch. Went to Wendy's (it's near the condo) to get him dinner. They used to have this pretty decent salad, it had strawberries and almonds (which I didn't eat since they were salted), but they no longer have it.

Have a MiFi, can't use it a whole lot.

Vince has the ceiling fans on. I really don't like them, I just don't like the air blowing on me. My car was jammed with things we brought down, had to put the luggage in the back seat. Maybe next time Vince will bring just one of his bowling balls, the 2-ball bag takes up so much room!

Meg - have a great evening.

Vince forgot to bring the key cards to get into the condo and he also forgot the dry cat food. Well, we can buy cat food down here and he called the co. that runs the condo & got the code from them so we just have to use the keypad this time. see, I had most things already packed the night before and in the car, he waits until the last minute and that's what happens. When we got to the condo, Vince said that Bonnie got out of the car and was hiding under another car. He was able to get her, tho, but she's FAST.

jb - thanks for the quote about the clothing. Which reminds me that I do need to get a pair of PJ's (summer) that I can just leave down here. Got a pair of long sleeved ones at the Salvation Army. For the amount I use it, I can live with something from the SA

Need to go to the food store and get some veggies. This way, I can cut them up and take them to the Daytona when we go.

I understand that there's going to be a rocket launch on Wed. I'm sure we'll hear more about that.

Jeannie - glad you enjoyed the play

There really isn't something that I'm interested in at the Y down here on Sun so I'll probably do some yoga DVD that I brought with me. Fortunately, yoga doesn't take a lot of room to do.

Laura - that's neat how your son practices. It's so good to play an instrument.

Susan - what kind of surgery did your husband have? Glad he's getting better.

Virginia - I like Gin Millers (is it called?) classic step, she has another one that's light. I'll have to check the titles for you when I get home. I did (was it?) Kathy Anderson's GO.
    I like pretty simple ones (not complicated) like I said b/c every instructor calls things differently. Wow! Your glamour shots look great!

Can't be on the computer too long. We only get a certain amount of time monthly with the MiFi and then if we exceed, we pay dearly. So I might not be posting a lot, now that your all in my thoughts.

Gonna post and then get off.

Michele
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Meg- hope you have fun at the GNO Mardi Gras

Faye- I'm am so jealous hearing about your pansies and snapdragons. We are having snow flurries today

Smwert- Hang in there! You can do it! I'm still waiting for those grandchildreand I don't think they will be coming anytime soon.

Virginia-Love your glamor shots. You certainly are an inspiration.

Even though it was a bit cold and snowy today, I was able to get out and do some geocaching. We spent a couple of hours hiking on some really nice trails and found 6 caches! This was a good way to get my walking in.
    This evening we went to see The Descendents at the movies.DD and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't DH's type of movie. Not enough action for him!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Virginia, Congratulations. You look stunning!!! When did you start your weight loss, how long did it take you?
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    VIIRRRRRRRRGINIA Holy toledo missy, look at you! LOVE the pics and goodness me, the comparison between before and after, wowowwwww!!! My fave is the first glamour shot, the one without the hat. GORGEOUS!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi from a sunny (but very cold!) York

:flowerforyou: Virginia - wow - you look amazing!

:flowerforyou: Robin your grandaughter is gorgeous. Love her hair :smile:

I wasn't sure how to download pics of our little kittens, so I've put them onto my avatar - I'll change it back in a few days.

I've taken so long to read the posts that I need to get up and move soon, I'm trying not to stay too long on the computer. Yesterday I felt totally blah though and hardly moved at all. Half way through the dog walk yesterday morning I felt a little dizzy - it wasn't too bad when I got home, but simple things like bending down to put the washing into the machine made me feel a bit "strange" It seemed to knock me out of kilter for the rest of the day - I spent most of the afternoon sitting/dozing watching a DVD :embarassed: :embarassed: Feeling much better today :wink: so I have no excuse not to get some exercise in :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barbie had to look twice, your avatar of a tabby cat looked a little like our two kittens :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I will have to try and get a photo of them, especially Logan his markings are so pretty.

:ohwell: Day 12 of my mini challege and I have lost 1lb :embarassed: I must try harder! I don't know what comes over me sometimes - I eat when I know I am not hungry. Need to get myself under control.

:flowerforyou: Well I need to get a move on, lots to do seeing as I had a lazy day yesterday.

Viv xx
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Smokin Virgina! SERIOUSLY!! You are so gorgeous. Love that you got glammer shots done. You will be Fit and Fabulous on your 50th for sure.

Most amazing success pictures I've ever seen. CONGRATS!
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    jb_2011 - Thank you so much for all the thought-provoking quotes. I really needed them this morning. We are more than our weight. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Viv, I love your kittens and they do look like my Bernie :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: my "me time" day yesterday was fabulous.....I got up at my usual early time so I could have time for everything (chores and dog walking)....one of my friends had said that she wanted to spend some time with me and had suggested a meal.....I told her that I didn't want to go out to eat and that I'd rather do something else....I had some ideas but then she called and said that she had to make a drive to pick up some important papers and would I go with her.......so our time together was a one hour drive to the ferry where we parked the car, walked to the ferry and walked around the passenger cabin while the ferry loaded and for the 30 minute crossing....we walked off the ferry, met the woman with the papers, walked back onto the ferry and again walked while the ferry was loading and during the 30 minute crossing, walked off the ferry and to the car and drove home and stopped at Costco, place where you have to walk a lot to find what you want...among my purchases was a 40 pound bag of dog food and a 35 pound container of kitty litter so there was a bit of strength training :laugh: when I got home the dogs were desperate to go out again so I walked them together for a short walk and individually after I fed them.....at the end of the day I had over 33,000 steps according to my pedometer and over 1000 calories according to my HRM , I'd had a long meaningful visit with my friends and no remorse from extra money spent or extra restaurant calories.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Wow! Virginia you look awesome. Nice pix and I love the fedora.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday. It just really proves how much we have grown to depend on technology.

I lost my husband for a while but I found him again.:love: . He was supposed to call when he landed at the airport so we could pick him up. 2 hours after his flight still no call. Plus he hadn't called me before he got on the plane so of course I convinced myself he was in an accident and never made it to the airport so I called the airline and confirmed he had been on the plane so I knew he was here and I figured he either lost of forgot his phone.
    The problem lies in the fact that he no longer know sanyone's number because it is all in his phone. He doesn't know the address, it is in his phone under navigation. He was at a loss as to what to do, he tried looking up our son in law in the white pages and although they are listed the white pages are archaic and out of date. I paged him at the airport for ever but he was out side at passenger pick up hoping we would show up. After I confirmed he was in Vegas, we went and looked for him just at the moment he went inside to see if I had called the airline, so we missed him on the drive by and then parked and went in. We searched the baggage area and the closest airport bar, paged him again and then started heading back for the car feeling so upset and out of control. what was I going to do? What was he going to do? As we crossed the walkway towards the parking garage I finally saw him at passenger pick up area. I ran at a full on sprint and nearly tackled him. :laugh: I was so relieved to have found him. I really never want to have those feelings again. :noway:

I hope you all have an awesome day. I will spend my in vegas sun with my husband, daughter, son-in-law, grand dog and of course my beautiful Olivia Jeannette, ma peu de petite fille. (granddaughter):happy:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    WOW!Virginia,you look great.:drinker:
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    Yesterday was my daughter`s winter formal.Thanks to my DIL for all the help to make her look like a princess.Violet was part of the whole experience.She curled her hair with her aunt,put on nail polish,and even dressed up.WE drove the girls home and she had to be part of the whole experience.Fell fast asleep when all was said and done.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning everyone. I'm on yet another quest for quotes. Sometimes I need to read these type of things just to remind myself that I truly can begin again each and every day. I've been struggling a bit , but I'm pulling the veil from my eyes this morning...not easy to do under this grey Portland February sky. I call it Fe'blue'ary. This month is a tough one. It happens every year, ya just get the blues. I should write some songs. It's gonna be a good day for it.

Supposing you have tried and failed again and again.
    You may have a fresh start any moment you choose,
    for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
    - Mary Pickford

The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind.
    Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
    - Napoleon Hill

To change ones life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.
    - William James

Whatever you want in life, start today.
    Not tomorrow - today.
    Let it be a small beginning - a tiny beginning.
    Your happiness depends on starting today - every day.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Peas & love,
    :^) jb
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

This was me at 319 lbs:
    beforesmaller.jpg

And this is me now....
    smallavatar-4.jpg
    smallavatar-5.jpg
    smallavatar-2.jpg

you look totally awesome! way to go I never wear sweaters cause they hug the body, great body :) Congrats