Options

Replies

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    April is almost over haha but my cut off time is 8 p.m. :tongue: :happy:
  • beanmk2
    beanmk2 Posts: 2
    Options
    hey all ... i too would like to join the challenge... better late than never... so my cut off time would be 9:30PM..
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Day 18 down!! I didn't think I can do this, me, the night snacker, stress eater, ceaning the pantry out "just because" girl!
    I'm so happy!!! I really see this will be a habit, long after the challenge. THANK YOU!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    18 down for me as well. And I agree ildi, I had the same thoughts (night snacker, why not, just because...). We are going to make it :wink:
    Esther
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    nights 4 & 5 are both done and over with... Tonight, night 6
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    9 down :bigsmile:
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    okay so i am absolutely horrible at checking in - but i have been a good participant! no snacking after 8 for me!!!! however, i believe it was thursday night, i had my dinner of an english muffin and started eating it at 7:55... so i may have gone over by one minute. i don't think that counts... haha
  • completeplan
    completeplan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a rule for myself 'no food after 6pm. I simply can not sleep if there is anything in my stomach at 9-0.30 pm when I go to bed. I have had pretty bad GERD, and the pain when eating too late :frown: is pretty good motivator when it comes to sticking to the rule.
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ok so i was told to join this thread cuz i was having a hard time with late night snacking. i totally suck when it comes to this and i need all the help i can get! i've been late night snacking for around 8 years plus.

i kinda have a feeling my hunger kicks in at night because my schedules fluctuate from going to bed at 4-5 am to going to bed at a more normal time like 11pm. my sleep has given me a lot of trouble, i sleep very inconsistant irratic hours. mostly due to the fact that i'm used to graveyard shift (sleep at 4-5am) during the weekend and then normal hours during the weekdays (sleep at 11pm-12am). does this make sense at all? hahaha.... yeah it doesn't to me either...

now that i'm more conscious about this stupid eating habit when i do snack i make sure it's a "healthy" snack that's low in cals and especially fat and salt. *sigh* i'd like to cut this habit completely out...

so anyway, my cut off is 3 1/2 hours before my bed time. whether my bedtime is 2am or 11pm. i hope this is a reasonable and valuable cut off time slot.

.steph.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Well I am back to day one. I made it 18 days. I am ready to start again.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Night 6 is under the belt.

Steph, That sounds like a great cut-off time. Glad to see you here. Good luck to you. You can look back at some older posts if you want. A lot of us have posted what we try to do to fend off the late night snacking monster.... My daughter and I started scrap booking, making tie blankets and pillows and I go to the gym after all the kidos are in bed. Most of the time I come home too tired to eat. (I hit the elliptical hard for an hour and then do some other stuff there too.
  • shannahrose
    Options
    10 down. still going strong! :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Options

so anyway, my cut off is 3 1/2 hours before my bed time. whether my bedtime is 2am or 11pm. i hope this is a reasonable and valuable cut off time slot.

.steph.
    I think the 3 1/2 hours prior to bed is an excellent way to go about it when your bedtimes change so drastically. Welcome. This really helps me because I think of all of the people here that I would have to fess up to if I eat after my cutoff time:laugh:

am: It's okay to start over. It's better than giving up. We've all been there so hang in there and keep on trying. Last month for me was a real struggle. So far this month it's gotten easier.:drinker: :drinker: I drink a lot of water after dinner to keep myself feeling full!

I'm on day 20 (today) - 19 days down and 11 to go!

Esther
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    another day down!!!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    8, 9, 10 down
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Well, My husband never brought the box of chocolate to work. So, with out thinking last night I popped two in my mouth. O course THEN, I looked at the clock. :tongue: I was below my calorie count so I'm not upset. It is just I was doing so good not snacking after my allotted time.

So I have to start again.

:heart: Kathy
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Last night I almost flubbed it again, but I put the chips down before I even ate a bite. So I believe that was night 7.... here we go for more.
  • shannahrose
    Options
    11 down :bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    20 down. :bigsmile:
  • cpres11
    cpres11 Posts: 7
    Options
    well, better late than never - my cutoff time will be 9pm.
    and even though april's almost over, next month i'll be there right from the beginning :)