APRIL "No more late night snacking"

Options

Replies

• kerimcdonald
    Options
    So it seemslike forever since I have posted. Having a very busy month. I've been doing great all month, but I haven't been counting. April and May are big months for volunteer work for my family so we have gotten home late a lot. Not to mention work of course. I'm glad to see tha
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    oops. What I meant to say, was I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'm off to bed. Have a great Monday!!

:bigsmile:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hello....remember me? I'm back and in need of my fitness pals. After several days of mini-vacation in NYC, we came home and then decided spur-of-the-moment to visit my parents in Fla. My mom had had a cold and was in need of TLC. She perked up as soon as we got there. We were out to dinner every night except one (doing our part to help the economy!) Needless to say, I've blown the month of April big time.
    I am thrilled though to see that grammymax and phatphanny have excelled at the April challenge. Making it well into the 20s is extrememly impressive and motivating. What a shining example for the rest of us - you are very inspiring. :flowerforyou: I'm already looking forward to May so I can give you a run for your money!
    Now that I'm home finally, I'd like to get back into a sensible and healthier routine (my mom keeps multiple boxes of chocolates in her kitchen, right next to the potato chips :grumble: ).
    I just read the posts from the past couple days, trying to catch up and I did want to say hi to Sherry and that I hope your mom is doing OK. My thoughts and prayers are with you, too. I can't imagine anything much more stressful.
    Take care everyone and I'll try to check in more regularly now. Dewdrop, was good to see you. Same with you Wanda and kerimcdonald.
    Zaza
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello, "walking in with my head down" . I have to start all over. I just got all out of control with my time with weekend.

So many are doing great. Way to go.

Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    26 down!

Zaza & Kathy - pick your heads up and walk tall. May is coming quickly so the rest of this week is practice for next month?!

You ladies are my inspriation to NOT eat after my cutoff time. Although, I didn't eat the right foods yesterday :grumble: I didn't eat past my cutoff time :happy:

Have a great Monday.

Esther
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Zaza & Kathy - pick your heads up and walk tall. May is coming quickly so the rest of this week is practice for next month?!

Count me in :wink: .
    Zaza, I knew you'd have a word for me :love: - glad you're back and still in the competition :flowerforyou: .
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning.
    dewdrop, will you be around for the challenge in May or still traveling?
    Thank goodness it's not May yet - I still need practice. I really thought I was going to stick to my cut-off time last night and then the aroma of my husband's baking reached the bedroom. I finally couldn't take it anymore and went downstairs and ate some of his sweet cornbread (wasn't even that good:grumble:).
    But, I haven't given up - I just need to get back into the routine. Thinking of all of you used to stop me in my tracks. I've obviously been away from mfp too long.:embarassed: That is going to change right now.
    So, have a great day everyone and will check back later.
    Zaza
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Thx Gram. I needed that positive nudge. I did not eat last night. Yea.

:heart: Kathy
  • dewdrop
    Options
    dewdrop, will you be around for the challenge in May or still traveling?

I'll start with you and see how it goes :wink: .
  • Grammymax
    Options
    27 down. Better eating is going to be my goal for May as well as not eating late. I can do the cutoff but I have fallen to eating some 'junk' and staying within the calories but still.....I don't need the junk!

Have a great evening.
    Esther
  • zaza54
    Options
    Way to go Esther!!!:drinker: I am so proud of you and inspired by you. Tonight, even tho it's almost the end of the April challenge, I am going to stop snacking by my new 9:00 cut-off time.

On April 30th, everyone please post your highest number of consecutive nights without late night snacking so we can determine the winner(s) for April. Will be hard to beat Esther, but I think phatphanny might be tied for the lead. I'm not sure so hang in there everyone for these last 2 days and let's see on Thurs who gets the title for April.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Thanks Zaza. I'm off to get my last snack - or maybe just some hot water. Not really hungry. Anyway, it's only 7:30 here so I have 1 1/2 hour until my cutoff time.
    HAve a great evening.
    Esther
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i had a late dinner monday night while i was out of town. i made it 17 days in a row before that- which i consider a big success for my first month of attempt!!

i'll be back for may...:bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    28 down. I did go back for that snack but well within my cutoff time.
    Have a great day,
    Esther
  • dewdrop
    Options
    My first day back in the team and I haven't eaten past 8 p.m. :drinker:
    I'd like to try 7p.m., but official cut-off is 8 p.m.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I was doing so well . . . it was almost the end of April . . . :happy: and then, a few days ago, I . . .
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: yeah. I messed up. And I was SO CLOSE!!!! Well, there's always next month to try again.

When at first you don't succeed, TRY TRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Tonight is night 15... Can I make it to 16 on the last night of the month??? I think I can, I think I can... Can anyone tell what the book was that I read the kiddies at bedtime tonight????? LOL
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I'm heading to bed and have gotten day 29 behind me. One more day in April :happy: :happy:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Great job Grammymax!!!!!!

I think you are going to take the prize by far!!!! Awesome job!!!!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Tonight is night 15... Can I make it to 16 on the last night of the month??? I think I can, I think I can... Can anyone tell what the book was that I read the kiddies at bedtime tonight????? LOL
    :laugh: I had to search back many years, but I believe it's "The Little Engine that Could" , Haha. I remember it well - a favorite around here over 20 years ago. Enjoy these precious moments!!