GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Before and after bikini pics, sure, shows progress. Just before? What's the point?

the point is to love yourself. to see yourself as you are. to accept that the skin isn't the whole. b/c if you cannot love the before, you will never love the after.

EXACTLY. If you don't love the before you're more likely to develop an ED as you lose weight.

Really? Crap, I better start loving myself.

I can help you with the lovin' :devil:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If I could be bothered to shave, I'd post a bikini pic RIGHT NOW! Luckily for all of you, I can't be bothered. You all came pretty close to disaster, though.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Before and after bikini pics, sure, shows progress. Just before? What's the point?

the point is to love yourself. to see yourself as you are. to accept that the skin isn't the whole. b/c if you cannot love the before, you will never love the after.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not happy with the before.. the whole reason I'm doing this. I was in a bad place health-wise. If I was completely confident in my skin and loved who I was then there wouldn't be much motivation to change. I'm doing this for me, that's the only confidence I need.

but doing it "for you" IS loving you. it's loving you enough to change.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking - I live in an area where people (not everyone, but it's not uncommon during the HOT months) grocery shop, go to McD's, etc in their bikinis. The OP must not live anywhere near me or she would be scratching her eyes out all year.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options

EXACTLY. If you don't love the before you're more likely to develop an ED as you lose weight.

Really? Crap, I better start loving myself.

I can help you with the lovin' :devil:

Sookie sookie! :love:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Whenever there's a thread like this, someone always says, "You can see progress just as much fully clothed."

Really? Because I'm still wearing a lot of the same clothes as I wore in June, and don't look much different in them. I'm only about 2-3# less now, so I don't expect there to be much difference. Except that right now, I have a nasty cold, so the pic I just took today I look sickly and pale and have no makeup on.

before-after-jeans.jpg

But in a bikini? There's a difference.

camo-suit-back-june-jan.jpg

In addition to being damn proud that my *kitten* got 10 years younger-looking in seven months... If I'm going to be giving advice to others, shouldn't I have some amount of proof that I know wtf I'm talking about?
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    If I could be bothered to shave, I'd post a bikini pic RIGHT NOW! Luckily for all of you, I can't be bothered. You all came pretty close to disaster, though.

Oh C, you so silly! We would all love to see the hairy bikini pic.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not happy with the before.. the whole reason I'm doing this. I was in a bad place health-wise. If I was completely confident in my skin and loved who I was then there wouldn't be much motivation to change. I'm doing this for me, that's the only confidence I need.

If you don't like the PERSON you are while you're fat, you're not going to like the person you are when you're fit. There is a lot to be said for being mentally healthy, too. Self confidence has absolutely nothing to do with your pant size or whether or not you have a six-pack.. and if you think it does, you're going to have a nasty and rude awakening when you get to that goal or get those abs and you still don't like what you 'see' in the mirror.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

but doing it "for you" IS loving you. it's loving you enough to change.

True, but being happy where you are is complacency which certainly doesn't drive change.

I'm sure we all have been there.. "Oh wow, you look so good, you've lost a lot of weight" then the slacking begins because it's natural to become comfortable.. hence the yo-yo trend.

Personally, I am not going to post pics until I've hit my goal and have successfully transitioned into a lifestyle that will sustain. Proud of my current state? No. Proud of my work so far? Absolutely.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Hey Im part of the itty bitty tittie committee and I still rock a bikini.. Im not showing what I do have, showing what I don't have... thats ok.. we can't all have big BOOBIES! SAD FACE! :cry:
  • j4nash
    Options

If you don't like the PERSON you are while you're fat, you're not going to like the person you are when you're fit. There is a lot to be said for being mentally healthy, too. Self confidence has absolutely nothing to do with your pant size or whether or not you have a six-pack.. and if you think it does, you're going to have a nasty and rude awakening when you get to that goal or get those abs and you still don't like what you 'see' in the mirror.

Generalizing much?

Just because a person isn't happy with the way they look doesn't mean they're not happy with other aspects of their life. Self-confidence comes in many forms, one of them being physical.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Generalizing much?

Just because a person isn't happy with the way they look doesn't mean they're not happy with other aspects of their life. Self-confidence comes in many forms, one of them being physical.

You totally missed what she was saying, She was building but making another (but related) point.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Proud of my current state? No. Proud of my work so far? Absolutely.

I think this is the point of the bikinis at any size. I posted one on my profile yesterday, my one year anniversary on MFP, after having lost only 20 lbs and gaining 15 of that back. So, I have 5 lbs of progress for the whole year, and I wasn't very happy with myself. I wasn't proud of my progress in any way, but I was still tired of hating myself for it.

When I posted that pic, I realized that even if I haven't made any real progress in so much time, I haven't given up. I'm worth loving NOW, when I get to my goal, all the time in between, and for the rest of my life.

You'll be a lot happier doing this if you look at yourself as a work in progress, not something broken that needs fixing. Both analogies get you to about the same place physically. The difference is trying to enjoy the ride.

*Just wanted to add that I'm not directing this at any one person to say they feel one way or another. It's just adding to that sentiment I quoted and my thoughts on the reason for all the bikinis.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Generalizing much?

I know this may come as a huuuuge surprise to MFP, but I'm not happy with the way I look right now ... because you're right, I wouldn't be here if I did. But in NO WAY do I tie the way I look to how I feel about myself in general. I just keep them separate, that's all. Life it too short to twist *kitten* up in my head and make things harder than they already are. Fitness is good, confidence is good, they are not mutually exclusive.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    <
    Proudly posting because I worked damn hard for this. Not at my ultimate goal yet, but still, I'm happy with the progress so far. Does this make me a bad person or mean I'm gloating??? I don't think so. Just means hard work and dedication pay off. That's my two cents.
  • Destinie589
    Options
    Hey Im part of the itty bitty tittie committee and I still rock a bikini.. Im not showing what I do have, showing what I don't have... thats ok.. we can't all have big BOOBIES! SAD FACE! :cry:
    Im in the committee too... I wish my abs were as flat.
  • j4nash
    Options
    Proud of my current state? No. Proud of my work so far? Absolutely.

I think this is the point of the bikinis at any size. I posted one on my profile yesterday, my one year anniversary on MFP, after having lost only 20 lbs and gaining 15 of that back. So, I have 5 lbs of progress for the whole year, and I wasn't very happy with myself. I wasn't proud of my progress in any way, but I was still tired of hating myself for it.

When I posted that pic, I realized that even if I haven't made any real progress in so much time, I haven't given up. I'm worth loving NOW, when I get to my goal, all the time in between, and for the rest of my life.

You'll be a lot happier doing this if you look at yourself as a work in progress, not something broken that needs fixing. Both analogies get you to about the same place physically. The difference is trying to enjoy the ride.

*Just wanted to add that I'm not directing this at any one person to say they feel one way or another. It's just adding to that sentiment I quoted and my thoughts on the reason for all the bikinis.

Good point.. I will say this, I am a lot happier now during my progression that I was before, just as long as something is being done. Good luck on your goals :)
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Im in the committee too... I wish my abs were as flat.

word sister!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yeah no bikinis here...Just undies & tank tops & occasional pictures from work (stripper) guess thats just as 'bad' in your opinion. If I had a bikini I felt good in, hell yes I would make it my display picture. Get over it. I forgot we were supposed to wear nana house dresses after busting our *kitten* to look good. Also mfp it 18+ what's the problem