GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone will see this so late in the thread, but I saw this today, and thought it was some great food for thought in this conversation. :-)

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/fashionbeauty-26594250/lingerie-model-discusses-shocking-exit-off-runway-28244133.html#crsl=%2Fvideo%2Ffashionbeauty-26594250%2Flingerie-model-discusses-shocking-exit-off-runway-28244133.html

Pfft. My body will never "belong" to anyone but me.

Exactly. I mean, I'm not going to go around showing my knockers and cooter to anyone but my man, but he sure as heck doesn't own it.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    If I could be bothered to shave, I'd post a bikini pic RIGHT NOW! Luckily for all of you, I can't be bothered. You all came pretty close to disaster, though.

OMG! I LOVE THIS! (And yes, I was YELLING!!!) :laugh:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    220px-Die_hard.jpg
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't mind that there are ladies who want to show off their hard work. I actually like seeing it; it inspires me!

Having said that, I am one of those ladies who will never wear a bikini or sports bra or short shorts in public, and it's not because I don't have confidence in my body. On the contrary! I see my body as so valuable that I reserve it for special occasions, much like my fine china or expensive jewelry. There is only one man out there that I think is deserving enough to display my "fine china" for, and that's the man who rubs my back and helps me wash the dishes and fixes breakfast on his days off so I can sleep in.
    We are blessed enough to have our own private gym/dojo set up in our shed where I can wear my tight tank tops and spandex shorts, and The Man can sit back and enjoy the view while I grunt and sweat and dance around shaking my bootie in his face. I do like showing off! I love the attention! lol
    But the guys in my martial arts classes get the "everyday dishes" (loose fitting pants and t-shirts), and the only knowledge they have of my awesome leg muscles is when they feel my kicks. ;-P
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate wanting to keep something special for your husband... I just don't think of my bikini-clad body as anything that magical or wondrous. I'm not going to turn anyone into a lust-filled animal because they can see my stomach, legs and shoulders.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't mind that there are ladies who want to show off their hard work. I actually like seeing it; it inspires me!

Having said that, I am one of those ladies who will never wear a bikini or sports bra or short shorts in public, and it's not because I don't have confidence in my body. On the contrary! I see my body as so valuable that I reserve it for special occasions, much like my fine china or expensive jewelry. There is only one man out there that I think is deserving enough to display my "fine china" for, and that's the man who rubs my back and helps me wash the dishes and fixes breakfast on his days off so I can sleep in.
    We are blessed enough to have our own private gym/dojo set up in our shed where I can wear my tight tank tops and spandex shorts, and The Man can sit back and enjoy the view while I grunt and sweat and dance around shaking my bootie in his face. I do like showing off! I love the attention! lol
    But the guys in my martial arts classes get the "everyday dishes" (loose fitting pants and t-shirts), and the only knowledge they have of my awesome leg muscles is when they feel my kicks. ;-P

I love the way you put this!
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this conversation is still going. lol
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Yesh!!!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Great perspective :smile:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

Things that make you look like a *kitten*: exchanging sex for money

Things that do not make you look like a *kitten*: everything else

This x infinity
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any mankini pictures. (thankfully)
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

haha I think that would be fantastic!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Oh no, I'm sure there's someone who will take that as a challenge :frown:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

the way you put it was respectful and not judgeful of those of us who do occassionally wear bikinis. It's just your take on it. I can respect that.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    220px-Die_Hard_2.jpg
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options

You mean like this one?

I can't wait to be in shape and pull this off

qBYB2.jpg
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    MV5BOTgyNDM4Mjg0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQxNTEzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    MV5BOTgyNDM4Mjg0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQxNTEzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

If you want the thread to die, maybe stop bumping it? :wink:
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This thread is so long I have zero intention of reading it all. Anyway, to the OP: you are allowed your opinion and I can respect that is how you feel so no attempts to argue or change your mind. We're all different. As for me personally, I rocked a bikini at the pool/lake/beach until I was too embarrassed to stuff myself into one and I have every intention of rocking one again as soon I get all the lard melted off. My hubby appreciated having a hot girlfriend/fiance and I plan on letting him get to enjoy showing off his hot wife, too. After all, he KNOWS who I'm snuggling up to at the end of the day when it is all said and done. :bigsmile:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    <<

Like this?? :D