I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options

Replies

• scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to start with saying good luck! Personally I find fasting an unhealthy route but will support anyone in their actions until it goes too far.

As previously stated, just be careful what you eat afterwards, because you can quickly gain it all back and then some! :) I have seen (when I was a xanga user) many bloggers fast and just end up gaining a lot of it back. :D But more power to you!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For this juice fast. do you take any laxatives with it?

You don't. One of the goals of the fasting is cleaning the body, detoxing basically, so no, you don't need them. Actually, I strongly believe it is a bad idea.

Thanks for your answer!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

You don't. One of the goals of the fasting is cleaning the body, detoxing basically, so no, you don't need them. Actually, I strongly believe it is a bad idea.
    Then there's the whole fact that your liver, if properly functioning....does a wonderful job at cleaning and detoxing your body. Fasts are not proven to increase this effect.

Actually, your liver keeps a lot of the toxins you eat. That's why when doing a liver detox it is done in 3 or more levels, so gradually you release the toxins. Anyone who does a liver detox without proper guidance could suffer serious complications.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Then there's the whole fact that your liver, if properly functioning....does a wonderful job at cleaning and detoxing your body. Fasts are not proven to increase this effect.

Actually, your liver keeps a lot of the toxins you eat. That's why when doing a liver detox it is done in 3 or more levels, so gradually you release the toxins. Anyone who does a liver detox without proper guidance could suffer serious complications.
    This is just cleanse hype. Can you please provide an actual reputable source of information to back your claims of the benefits of a liver detox?
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    This is just cleanse hype. Can you please provide an actual reputable source of information to back your claims of the benefits of a liver detox?

What is it with you people and "evidence from a reputable source"? Want do know if is true or not? Find out for yourself. At the end, it doesn't matter where I get the information from, you'll still argue it is wrong and that isnot a reputable source. I've seen it all before.

I honestly don't care whether or not you think what I'm saying is true or not. So far you haven't provided any useful information.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump for documentary x
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Oooo....it's getting ugly! Simmer down boys. :laugh:

(Yes, that's not useful either, but I'm REALLY bored at work soooo.....)
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Oooo....it's getting ugly! Simmer down boys. :laugh:

(Yes, that's not useful either, but I'm REALLY bored at work soooo.....)

I always bring ugly to the party :laugh:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Eating is so overrated.
    Protein, fibers, fat? Overrated.
    Nutrients and vitamins in the pulp? Overrated.
    Muscles? Oh yeah! definitely overrated. Who cares about muscles!
    And after juicing for x days, who cares about going back to unhealthy habits?
    Stuffing your face in junk food and sugar? Doesn't matter! If you gain back a lot of weight, you just have to start juicing again, right?
    And why just juice for 60 days? Why not 90, 120 or even a whole year? Because as I said, eating is so overrated.
    ''But I'm not just doing it for the weight lost, I want to detox'' because kidneys and livers are sooooo overrated.
    ''But I want to reboot!'' because I'm a freaking computer. Ctrl Alt Delete!
  • eolivero
    Options
    Thought I'd chime in one more time.

My prefered JUICE recipe provides a DAILY amount of the following:

2,125 - Calories
    480 - Carbs
    5 - grams of Fat
    75 - grams of Protien

My PHYSICIAN reports to me that my KIDNEY & LIVER functions are better than when I started. My CHOLESTERAL & TRIGLYCERIDES are down into the normal range. I'm no longer exhibiting symtoms of DIABETES (my father has diabetes and his father died from complications of diabetes). I no longer suffer from HEADACHES. I had GOUT ATTACKS for crying out loud. I'm 36 years young and I felt like an old man.

No, I'm not a computer, but according to my PHYSICIAN this REBOOT is helping to save my life. So if he said "try another 30 days" when my 60 days is over, I will. Once I come off my JUICE REBOOT, my wife and I are adopting a Paleo Lifestyle. Sweets will be in moderation. I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss certain foods. But I have no intention of eating the same way. The processed foods and a sugar rich lifestyle was literally killing me.

I'm improving my health in an unconventional way. I'm not asking you to try it, or change your mind. But you'll also notice I haven't tried to INSULT anyone. Many of you are misinformed and judgemental. It must be nice to be so smart and always in the right. Weight loss was a nice "side effect" of JUICING, BUT the health improvments (it's all in the blood) far out weigh (pun intended) the rapid weight loss I have experienced.

Your sarcasm is noted. Just remember that your attitude can have a negative effect on others. Personally, I am not trying to be RIGHT. I was providing someone else with some insight into my experiences with JUICING.
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sorry that was meant for the guy with the lifestyle change comment...I do not agree with the juice diet and all the nutrition it is taking away from you...food is fuel for your body any diet that restricts food groups is not good you just have to learn to eat the right amount of the right foods
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options

What is it with you people and "evidence from a reputable source"? Want do know if is true or not? Find out for yourself. At the end, it doesn't matter where I get the information from, you'll still argue it is wrong and that isnot a reputable source. I've seen it all before.

I honestly don't care whether or not you think what I'm saying is true or not. So far you haven't provided any useful information.

Because anecdotal evidence isn't reliable and if it works there will be studies done on it saying just that? And if I'm doing anything to my body, I want to know it's safe.

Sorry, but I had to butt in and say that. Show some properly done research, and that can't be argued with (well, it can, but not as much as pure "it worked for me")
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be great when you finish the juice fast, you'll have lost loads of weight and then you can have all the cheeseburgers you like!
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    juices are gr8 , I think it does you good to have a juice program every so often, if you can,
    as long as you get a balanced supply of all the nutrition you need from it ,
    oh yea and you need to make sure you get your fiber and protein.
    But all in all if it works for you then do it,
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The problem with juice fasting is like everything else in this arena. It mixes good with bad. The fact that someone is not eating the usual "food stuffs" of the world will probably after a few days make one feel great compared to how they were. But then again, every time you see this mentioned, there's a big " so and so lost a gazillion pounds in 2 weeks" What else do you think is going to happen? This is all to play on that part of your brain that wants fast weight loss and wants it last week because you know in the back of your mind you can't be bothered with doing things the slow and 100% correct way! And that just simply boils down to clever marketing. Even if you didn't buy a specific program, it was advertised to get you to a book, blog, etc. I mean I will be doing vids about 24lb weight loss in one day, to get clicks on youtube. I've lost 12 lbs in one day before eating three square meals. Big deal.

Why not do an organic fish and greens and juice diet? Because that wouldn't SOUND as good and hardcore and exceptionally disciplined as a JUICE FAST!!!

Anyways...What are you going to do AFTER the juice fast? After you lost 100 lbs? Do it forever? If not forever, why not? Oh because you know it's NOT OPTIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You will try to do what you didn't want to do before. Eat more real food in better amounts. End.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Well, Christ wasn't juicing. I don't think I could survive on water alone for 40 days.

There's lots of things "christ" wasn't doing - like existing...

Hahah!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Is there a correlation between fasting and caps lock? I won't argue causation.
    I think I love you.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body through your juice fasting, you can do serious damage if you don't. Getting weight off fast through fad diets is easy (I did it with Atkins), but keep in mind in the long term you're likely to gain quite a bit of it back (I did). Most of the fads are not realistically set up for life long maintenance. Anyways, best of luck. Be safe.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Eating is so overrated.
    Protein, fibers, fat? Overrated.
    Nutrients and vitamins in the pulp? Overrated.
    Muscles? Oh yeah! definitely overrated. Who cares about muscles!
    And after juicing for x days, who cares about going back to unhealthy habits?
    Stuffing your face in junk food and sugar? Doesn't matter! If you gain back a lot of weight, you just have to start juicing again, right?
    And why just juice for 60 days? Why not 90, 120 or even a whole year? Because as I said, eating is so overrated.
    ''But I'm not just doing it for the weight lost, I want to detox'' because kidneys and livers are sooooo overrated.
    ''But I want to reboot!'' because I'm a freaking computer. Ctrl Alt Delete!

Sorry to offend anyone, but I laughed hard when I read this. Sarcasm = smile. Thank you for a laugh. ; )
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    Just want to say something real quick;

While you want to lose the weight in 2 weeks or 90 days, did you put all the weight on that fast? Most likely not. So why in the world would you throw your body into shock by only juicing? I do juice once in a while. But I use it as a meal replacement. Such as breakfast or a snack. But not all meals for several days or months. As soon you stop, you will gorge yourself because you have not learned how to eat right. Visit a dietitian, and get the facts. Losing weight is a learning opportunity and if not done right, there could be awful consequences.

Just be careful, I do not want anyone sick from going to extremes.