How do you tell someone they're not quite there yet....

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I was really pleased when I lost my 20lb, I had people telling me how much better I looked. Then my uncle told me he could not see a change. It hurt for a moment but that is the comment that has stayed with me and helped me to lose another 12lb this month, and it's that comment that will keep me going. If she asks for honesty give her honesty but in a nice way "maybe we could step up our exercise together" etc, she'll thank you for it in the long run. :smile:

Please note that the co worker is not asking anything. The OP of this thread is mad because she feels she looks better and feels very strongly it is her responsibility to let the coworker know that she does not look as good as her.

The OP feels that she has worked very hard and does not like the attention the coworker is bringing on herself and feels she deserves it more than the coworker.

Too bad the OP of this thread is not patient, loving or tolerant. She could very well find that if she was, a situation like this would not be so toxic to her. After all, letting something like this bother you in life is kinda sad, no actually its very sad.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Do what I did, take her on Space Mountain at Disneyland. This happened w/a friend of mine who swore we were the same size even though I am a good 100 lbs smaller than she is. They have individual lap bars on this attraction. So I pulled mine way down to my lap, about 7 inches lower than she got her's. She looked at me and said, "Wow, you really are way smaller than me." She still kids about it.

Good luck w/your co-worker.

Seriously? How does someone not see that they are 100lbs heavier?
    For real! You should have seen my face. I was polite but boy that comment threw me.
    You'd be surprised. My 17 yr old is 5 foot tall even, and a size zero-weighs 110 pounds. Our 16 yr old neighbor is a good 5 foot 6 and weighs 240 pounds-and she is constantly insisting she can fit into the same clothing as my daughter. She even manages to squeeze into stuff from Forever 21 when they go to the mall together. I think the clothing at Torrid is SO cute, and my daughter is totally willing to go there with her, but she refuses to go there. Some people really don't seem to realize realize what size they are.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Did she ask for your opinion? If not, please keep it to yourself.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    [...] she's not serious about it (example - eating Reese's peanut butter cups at her desk, chowing down on a salad that was mostly dressing - and not lowfat, going to the gym one day a week to flirt with her trainer and skipping it the other 6 days a week, etc.)[...]

I just read a recent thread this morning where you said Nutella was your miracle drug; maybe Reese's cups are hers.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Do what I did, take her on Space Mountain at Disneyland. This happened w/a friend of mine who swore we were the same size even though I am a good 100 lbs smaller than she is. They have individual lap bars on this attraction. So I pulled mine way down to my lap, about 7 inches lower than she got her's. She looked at me and said, "Wow, you really are way smaller than me." She still kids about it.

Good luck w/your co-worker.

Seriously? How does someone not see that they are 100lbs heavier?
    For real! You should have seen my face. I was polite but boy that comment threw me.
    You'd be surprised. My 17 yr old is 5 foot tall even, and a size zero-weighs 110 pounds. Our 16 yr old neighbor is a good 5 foot 6 and weighs 240 pounds-and she is constantly insisting she can fit into the same clothing as my daughter. She even manages to squeeze into stuff from Forever 21 when they go to the mall together. I think the clothing at Torrid is SO cute, and my daughter is totally willing to go there with her, but she refuses to go there. Some people really don't seem to realize realize what size they are.

But you know, this actually goes both ways. I used to have a friend that was CONVINCED I was bigger than her. Every time we went shopping I'd hear, "This is too big for me, why don't you try it on?" Finally I had to show her that I was in a smaller size than she was. We don't know the sizes of the OP and her co-worker. For all we know, the OP is the one not seeing reality.