Black Team week 16

Options
So, here it is after easter and after lent and I did great giving up peanut butter. I only had it twice one time on two different sundays. I am back to eating it again but not like I used too for breakfast only then it gets hidden in the pantry.:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

We all have that one BAD food that when we see it we just have to have it. Mine lately is Hershey kisses.

We are GIVING THEM UP!! one week that's all it is. If you can walk by it this week and not eat it I bet next week you can do the same thing.

Amanda this is your week to give that coke up! Don't keep it in the house, don't go down that isle at the store. You want to hear a story that might get you to stop drinking it?:laugh:

I nannied for a family and they didn't drink any soda because when the dad was a kid his dad wanted to show him what soda did to his teeth so they dropped one of his teeth that fell out into a glass of soda and the next morning it was gone. Yucky!!!!:sick: just keep telling yourself you love your teeth!!!

Good luck black team!! thanks for all the support you have given me in the last 15 weeks!!!

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So, here it is after easter and after lent and I did great giving up peanut butter. I only had it twice one time on two different sundays. I am back to eating it again but not like I used too for breakfast only then it gets hidden in the pantry.:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

We all have that one BAD food that when we see it we just have to have it. Mine lately is Hershey kisses.

We are GIVING THEM UP!! one week that's all it is. If you can walk by it this week and not eat it I bet next week you can do the same thing.

Amanda this is your week to give that coke up! Don't keep it in the house, don't go down that isle at the store. You want to hear a story that might get you to stop drinking it?:laugh:

I nannied for a family and they didn't drink any soda because when the dad was a kid his dad wanted to show him what soda did to his teeth so they dropped one of his teeth that fell out into a glass of soda and the next morning it was gone. Yucky!!!!:sick: just keep telling yourself you love your teeth!!!

Good luck black team!! thanks for all the support you have given me in the last 15 weeks!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    tag!! :heart:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Okay, I don't have a specific food. Mine is carbs. But that's kinda hard to give up. So I have to think a little more of what specifically I need to resist.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Okay, I don't have a specific food. Mine is carbs. But that's kinda hard to give up. So I have to think a little more of what specifically I need to resist.

Is there a specific carb that you always have to have when you see it? like bread or pasta? something like that. Don't give it all up but that ONE thing. I know we all have it!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Alright Sam, for you I can do this again, just not for me, I don't understand. I am going to try really hard this week.

I just want to say how proud you all make me, I can't believe your willpower and strength, you guys just keep going you rock. :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Alright Sam, for you I can do this again, just not for me, I don't understand. I am going to try really hard this week.

I just want to say how proud you all make me, I can't believe your willpower and strength, you guys just keep going you rock. :heart:

You can do this for YOU!!! it has to be for YOU!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I'm in!

Hmm what to give up.....I'm thinking no more sneaking little bits of stuff from the easter candy lying around. This will be a huge help! Good luck everyone!!!!!!

:drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Andrew, at least you are sneaking it, LOL, I wasn't even doing that I was just taking it out of the baskets and eating it. I think holiday candy should be outlawed. :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Sam, the Coke and tooth story did me in, I think, thanks for sharing, again I think!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna give up snack bars -- granola bars, nutrigrain bars, nature valley oat and honey bars. They're not bad in themselves. (They're between 100-200 each.) But I'm not usually satisfied after eating one so I either eat a couple more or I eat something else. I might as well skip them and just eat something else that will actually fill me up.

This is gonna be hard because I love them. But I know they add up quickly and I don't need to waste calories on them. When I'm over, a lot of the time I look through my food diary and it's the few of these I've eaten throughout the day that did it to me.

I'll have to let you know what Dave's thing is after he gets home from work and I tell him the challenge.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna stick with the wine again this week. it's been saving me calories and money :wink:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Good morning Loree and Beth! :flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to you!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay I am back from surgery and ready to get losing again, but I'm really not sure what I could give up for this week. Oooh I know...maybe I'll give up the EXCUSES that keep me from exercising. How's that sound?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Laura, it is great to hear that you well enough to start exercising and losing again!!! YEAH!!!! I have been so naughty and haven't been working out either (not for medical reasons, mine are pure laziness:frown: ) . I rode my exercise bike this morning for 20 minutes and was amazed at how good I felt afterwards. I thought I gave this feeling of accomplishment up, why??? YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    My thing is going to be the office candy and cookies. With the candy, it's usually a couple pieces here and there...but it adds up. The cookies always find their way up to my area after board meetings (once a month) and I always have at least one. I know they'll be here today, so I am going to pretend they're not there.

I have to confess, I had a few jellybeans before I saw the challenge. No more, though! I ate a big bowl of strawberries earlier so I think that might have hit the sweet spot for today. :happy:

Good luck on your weigh-ins!

Good to see you back, Laura!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Loree...I told Sam I am a carbo loader. And I specifically said bread. Oh dear, what a big mouth I have today:sad:
  • loreeb18
    Options

Loree...I told Sam I am a carbo loader. And I specifically said bread. Oh dear, what a big mouth I have today:sad:

Thanks a lot. :grumble:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yargh.
    Define bad food?
    ):
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    GUESS WHAT IS BACK IN MY DRIVEWAY AFTER 15 DAYS!!!!!! My car - I picked it up from the body shop 15 mintues ago and it looks awesome. A person could never tell there deer blood and hair all over it. One car would have been okay if we wouldn't have dd therapy appointments, but that was hard. I am so jazzed. Also while I was in town two people who saw me said you have lost a ton of weight and look great, what is your secret! I smiled and told them exercise, watching what I put in my mouth and MFP!!!!!