Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Black Team week 16

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    OKAY. I'm giving up coffee. I kind of got addicted to it back when the doc ordered me to drink it so this week NO CAFFEINE. I was drinking it black but I guess even if it has no calories it's still bad for me. Haha.

Deerslayer - HEE. Cute nickname. I hate that I haven't had net for more than two weeks now. STUPID TELUS.

And now I must run and do my job. Heh.

Have a great day ladies!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    hi, miss you, working, later:glasses:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I've been scared to try on my summer clothes. Trying on summer clothes and them being too tight is like a yearly trauma session. I tried them on and they were HUGE. Last summer I was pregnant with Harley so most of the clothes are from almost 2 years ago and some are from even longer ago.

All but 3 pairs of shorts were so big that even buttoned they fell down and the tank tops were all so wide. The dress that I wore (that fit) for my high school graduation was too big. It was awesome! :laugh: Now I have at least 2 bags worth of stuff to take to a consignment shop. And now I'll have to go shopping for some more shorts/capris and tank tops. Darn! :bigsmile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    I've been scared to try on my summer clothes. Trying on summer clothes and them being too tight is like a yearly trauma session. I tried them on and they were HUGE. Last summer I was pregnant with Harley so most of the clothes are from almost 2 years ago and some are from even longer ago.

All but 3 pairs of shorts were so big that even buttoned they fell down and the tank tops were all so wide. The dress that I wore (that fit) for my high school graduation was too big. It was awesome! :laugh: Now I have at least 2 bags worth of stuff to take to a consignment shop. And now I'll have to go shopping for some more shorts/capris and tank tops. Darn! :bigsmile:

AWESOME!

You don't know someone you could possibly exchange the clothes with and get yourself some new summer clothes for free do you? Maybe a friend who's also trying to lose weight?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    ALL of the Easter candy.

I know, I know. I've been MIA. I'll be back tomorrow to catch up with y'all.

LORI! You look amazing, girl!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    lori- congrats! that's a great feeling. i had to buy new summer clothes last year cause all mine were too small. then a couple of months ago, i was going through my "too small clothes" bin, and a lot of the shorts and stuff were already fitting. no more 18's for me :drinker:

sara- glad you're back :smile:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    ALL of the Easter candy.

Yay! Sara's back!:bigsmile:
  • loreeb18
    ALL of the Easter candy.

All of the Peeps?

Glad you are back! :flowerforyou:

Thanks. :blushing:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Man-- I am so flippin' hungry today-- 1200 calories a day is well and good, but my body's crying UNCLE today-- FEED ME!!!!!!!!

I had a piece of cherry pie this afternoon, and just had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. (better than the sodium laden crap I'm making for the fam-- I had 1/2 cup of the tuna helper last night for dinner, and I am WAYYYYY bloated today-- I hate boxed food :angry: )

Hittin' the road to run in a bit-- not sweatin' the extra cals today-- I listened to my body. Can't go wrong when you listen to it-- eat when you're hungry, stop when you're not.

GORGEOUS day here in New Jersey-- I'm heading out to enjoy it with a lovely evening run--

Everyone's been so quiet-- hope you're all hanging in.

:heart: Sara-- :heart: :heart: been thinking about you. Hope you're all right !!

:heart: Laura-- glad to see you back--

:heart: Amanda-- no more coke young lady-- that is with a capital C as in the beverage, not the drug-- ha. (but none of that, either-- :wink: )

:heart: Janie-- where are you? Hanging in?

:heart: Tresa-- you naughty lurker-- come out, come out wherever you are.

:heart: Jeannie-- hang in there this week, my good woman.

:heart: Bobbi-- run, woman, run!!!

:heart: Shuntae-- how's the new place with the bf?

:heart: Nicky-- hope your Internet comes soon-- :grumble: But living mold free's gotta be sweet!!! I betcha your heart'll calm down now, too-- hmmmm.

:heart: Sam-- fearless leader-- how's tyrannaboss lately?

:heart: Andrew-- you da mannnnnn-- how is my friend? Run much this week?

:heart: Beth-- and his lovely wife??? Didja get back to kickin your butt?

:heart: Roni-- how's that son of yours? Sooo proud of you for your example to him-- the return on your investment in him should be just wonderful!!!

:heart: Lynnie-- so...what? You get a fancy-shmancy new Shania Twain hairdo and ditch us? Where the heck are ya? Hope all's well with the new job. :wink:

:heart: Loree-- you take that pregnancy test yet? Ha. :wink:

Okay-- I think I got ya all-- my humble apologies if I missed somebody-- 40 lashes if I did.

Heading out to exercise something besides my mouth-- or in this case, my fingers--

:smooched: to my team!!
  • loreeb18

Not even funny!
  • Marla64

Not even funny!

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
    Just kidding-- hope you're feeling better!!
  • loreeb18
    I have been. Upping the protein has helped. I haven't gotten even a little dizzy for a couple days now.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member

kinda...i got in some good walks tues and wed, then today TOM decides to show up(2 weeks late!) so, i felt too yucky. tomorrow's gonna be in the 60's so i'm planning on spending most of it outside. all this easter candy sitting around is NOT helping either :grumble: i'm still not drinking empty wine calories, so that's a plus.
  • Marla64
    I have been. Upping the protein has helped. I haven't gotten even a little dizzy for a couple days now.

Awesome-- :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64

kinda...i got in some good walks tues and wed, then today TOM decides to show up(2 weeks late!) so, i felt too yucky. tomorrow's gonna be in the 60's so i'm planning on spending most of it outside. all this easter candy sitting around is NOT helping either :grumble: i'm still not drinking empty wine calories, so that's a plus.

Yay, Beth-- save the wine for special occasions.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    :heart: Shuntae-- how's the new place with the bf?

So, it's only been a week...but I love it! I'm mostly settled in (just have things to toss/give away/put in storage at the apartment) and the adjustment is going well. I have to work on my gym/running schedule because it got a little off kilter this week, but I'll figure it out. Icing on the cake, the cat seems to be adjusting well to her new surroundings. :bigsmile: Like the stickers say, life is good.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    I just want to say I :heart: this team!!!!

I have decided my problem is mental, not physical. MattySparks posted on here once,

"If this is where you start giving up- then it is all over!
    It is the tough times that define us and how hard we want to do this!"

I really do want to lose the last 21 pounds so I am starting over tomorrow. I can do this and I know you are probably tried of hearing this but I love this team. You all bring something different and so great to the table to make up this team. Thanks guys!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    I just want to say I :heart: this team!!!!

I have decided my problem is mental, not physical. MattySparks posted on here once,

"If this is where you start giving up- then it is all over!
    It is the tough times that define us and how hard we want to do this!"

I really do want to lose the last 21 pounds so I am starting over tomorrow. I can do this and I know you are probably tried of hearing this but I love this team. You all bring something different and so great to the table to make up this team. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

:heart: :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart: :smooched:

We :heart: :heart: you, too !!

Do or do not, there is no try-- you can do this, Amanda-- !!!!!!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Thank you Marla,:flowerforyou: you must be very smart because one of my dad's friends told me the same thing - there is no try. I really respect this man and that made a big difference in my thinking.

I changed my ticker so I can no longer say oh I have lost 24 pounds that is good enough, now I have to say I have 21 pounds to go.
  • Marla64
    Thank you Marla,:flowerforyou: you must be very smart

Actually-- no, I just love Yoda. :wink:

Yoda.jpg

Do or Do Not-- there is No Try-- Yoda.
This discussion has been closed.