Options
    Say hi to me-- say hi to me!!:angry:

HI, MARLA!!!!!

:grumble: Geesh. some people.

:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey, guys, hate to disappoint you all, but I'm back.

Think I'm giving up sweets. I've slacked a little lately and need to get back on track.

Anna!!!!!

Damn good to see you back!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Two days Marla, two days! Are you excited!? I'm still two month away from my 5k and I am already excited!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Two days Marla, two days! Are you excited!? I'm still two month away from my 5k and I am already excited!

YES....bless your heart!! Thanks for remembering--

Actually, I was thinking of you just now-- I just got back from my run-- another hilly one-- wow. It was gorgeous out, and I was huffing and puffing and just tearfully euphoric at how far I've come.

I wanted to rush back and encourage you and all of our C25k-ers to keep going-- don't stop. The sense of accomplishment is indescribable. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this was something I could do-- or want to do.

So, keep plugging guys-- every step we take is one step further away from who we were-- each day we're better and stronger-- I just :heart: you all for all you do to encourage each other and me-- you're the best.

Have a great night, gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Welcome to the weekend!

Anna- Good to have you back!

Marla- Good luck on your 5K...I'm so excited for you!

Andrew- Thanks for the compliment...I have never been called buff before :bigsmile:

Bobbi, Janie, Amanda, Lori, Beth, Sara, Sam, Jeannie, Lynnie, Laura and anyone I am missing...Hello!!!

Today was Week 5 Day 3 of C25k...the 20 minute/2 mile one. I decided I'd switch it up and run outside; went down a hilly street and came back up. I didn't make it the whole 2 miles, but I did make it a little over 20 minutes. For right now, I'll probably stick to the track or treadmill to get the distance, then work on hills when I can run further. I'm still pretty proud of myself because I don't think I've ever run 20 straight minutes before. So, I'm definitely calling that one a win. On to Week 6!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

YES....bless your heart!! Thanks for remembering--

Actually, I was thinking of you just now-- I just got back from my run-- another hilly one-- wow. It was gorgeous out, and I was huffing and puffing and just tearfully euphoric at how far I've come.

I wanted to rush back and encourage you and all of our C25k-ers to keep going-- don't stop. The sense of accomplishment is indescribable. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this was something I could do-- or want to do.

So, keep plugging guys-- every step we take is one step further away from who we were-- each day we're better and stronger-- I just :heart: you all for all you do to encourage each other and me-- you're the best.

Have a great night, gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just glad to be a part of it. This is a life changing experience for all of us and sharing such a life changing experience with one another is a blessing. I know that when I reach my goal my body will be so much healthier and far stronger than I could have ever imagined. But because I have all of you to share this with, I am able to see that it's not just my body that is getting stronger. But my mind will be filled with the knowledge you all share. My heart will be filled with the love I have for my friends and teammates and I will be a better person for having known each and every one of you. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    As a motivational excersice I did a two pound per week breakdown of the weight I have left to lose. So far so good on the two pounds per week thing. sometimes more but usually at least the two. So here is my projected path to my goal.
    04/22-234
    04/29-232
    05/06-230
    05/13-228
    05/20-226
    05/27-224
    06/03-222
    06/10-220
    06/17-218
    06/24-216
    07/01-214
    Healthy BMI
    07/08-212
    07/15-210
    07/22-208
    07/29-206
    08/05-204
    08/12-200
    08/19-198
    Below 200lbs
    08/26-196
    09/02-194
    09/09-192
    09/16-190
    09/23-188
    09/30-186
    10/07-184
    10/14-182
    10/21-180
    10/28-178
    11/04-176
    Goal weight.

It's exciting when you can look at a target date =)

just thought I'd share
    :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Marla, go on your 5K. How exciting, go go go!!!!

HI Shuntae!:flowerforyou:

Andrew what a great idea, I will have to try this.

04/22 - 154
    04/29-152
    05/06 - 150
    05/13 - 148
    05/20 - 146
    05/27 - 144
    06/03 - 142
    06/10 - 140
    06/17 - 138
    06/24 - 136
    07/01 - 134 ( my goal weight and a great way to start my birthday month)

That was very encouraging, that is not that long ways off. And Andrew you will be there right between Halloween and Thanksgiving! Now that is something to be thankful for - a healthy body!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I want to do this and try to get close to my goal weight before we head up north to see in laws and all that fun stuff. I better get on it and off this damn P ward. I have 13 weeks til then and I have about 30 pounds to go. can I do it? I hope so I would love to not be the fat wife or the fat sister in law.
    If that's not motivation I don't know what is.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Sam, you can ABSOLUTELY do it. I have lots of confidence in you! Look at how far you have come!!!!!

GO SAM, GO SAM, GO SAM, GO SAM, GO SAM, GO SAM, GO SAM, GO SAM!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    thwav.gif

Go Sam! Go Sam!

Good evening, troops--

Yeah, it's 2:00 in the morning-- what of it?

I got no work in tonight-- so hubs and I putzed at a diner (eggs/potatoes/toast-- yum) and then Walmart where we bought our first Christmas presents for 2009-- ha. They had winter jammies for the girls on sale for $3-- who could resist?

Also bought 5 pound and 8 pound dumbbells for my arm/upper back workouts. Three pounds haven't been doing a whole lot-- time to move up. I may try to run with the three pound ones next week-- we'll see. I've done it with one pound weights a long time ago-- 3 pounds may be ambitious. But, we'll see.

Hubs is worried that I may not have received my requested work tonight because I returned the crapola file I told y'all about earlier. But, can't worry about that. Yes, they had given me a pass to "do the best I can," blah, blah, blah-- but, call me cranky-- I was not going to fight. So, I'm hoping that they just didn't have work to send, not that they're 'punishing" me-- this is still our sole source of income, plus the unemployment from DH -- so I know I can't go tickin' them off--

Oh well-- what's done is done. With 9 kids, my threshold for crap these days is just a little low, ya know what I'm sayin'?

Anyway-- sweet dreams people-- have a lovely weekend.

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Go Sam, I know you can do it!

Amanda- I'm a July baby too, my birthday is the 29th. When's yours?

Marla- I wouldn't be able to pass up winter jammies on sale for $3, either! Hope things work out for you on the work front. :smile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Sam-I know you can do it. They are all gonna be so amazed. You've already done such a good job so far!

Marla-I'm with Shaunte, I'm a dude and even I would not have passed up 3 dollar jammies.

Good morning black team!

I am hoping the weather clears up here today because I want to run outside today. Really dont feel like being stuck on a treadmill again today. I have been trying to run outside for the longest time but weather and utter darkness keep getting in the way. Anyway, I hope you all have a great morning!

:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I want to do this and try to get close to my goal weight before we head up north to see in laws and all that fun stuff. I better get on it and off this damn P ward. I have 13 weeks til then and I have about 30 pounds to go. can I do it? I hope so I would love to not be the fat wife or the fat sister in law.
    If that's not motivation I don't know what is.

BTW.........you are ALREADY not the fat wife!!! You are looking great! Not only that, but when you do it right, your whole attitude changes and is shows in your face.

I see it in you pictures!!

Other than that, I know you can lose more weight!

Go Sam!!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Marla- Again with the AV. Love the babykins!if anyone wore jammies in this house, I would surely fight you at the racks for some $3 ones!!

Amanda-I love the doggies! YOur looking good too! lol

Shuntae-is that YOU in that Av? WOW your upper body is fantasitc!! good work!

Bobbi-love your Easter AV too!

Andrew-I hope you can get a sunny outside run in today. It helps the mind and the body.

Janiebeth-how ya doing woman??

nicky-hope you get the internet up and running. Glad your feeling better now that you are moldless

Sara-Hiya Honey Buns!!

ANNABANANANANAN!!Love to see you!! Slacked......if 40 pounds is slacking, I will be asking for how to directions please.

lori-you look so petite and pretty in your easter dress.

beth-Hello, you going running with Andy today?

laura- Hi my favorite 2nd daughter, how you feeling today? Hope all gets back to normal soon.

tresa-your like me NO TIME!! I wish I had a scry to answer for me!

roni-Hi Roni, how are you? That ticker is still moving in the right direction!

lynnie-Hey hot momma, looking good as usual!

Whew, I pray I didnt miss anyone! It looks like the gang is at least trying to get back together. At least we are all busy with work and family.............thats not a bad thing

:flowerforyou: :heart: Jeannie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hi Marla!! Good Luck in your 5K.

Sam....Seriously...Fat where? You are looking fantastic. Besides to H3ll with what the inlaws say :tongue:

Good morning! Hoping to get a wonderful run outside today. Will be the end of Week 7.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the shout outs, all.

I have been hiding a bit because the scale is going the wrong direction and I've been stressed about a bunch of stuff.

Work is somewhat unsettled for both me and DH. He might not have a job as of Monday, and I soon might not want to have a job. The management is changing at my company, and I will soon have a new boss - I applied for a job that would basically make me a level above where I am now (my own boss, sort of - and I like the person I'd be reporting too), but it is a long shot. So I have to trust the person 2 levels up to choose someone good to be my boss - stressful. I hate breaking in new bosses. I do knock on wood daily that my job is not in danger (at least not yet) - that is a true blessing.

My youngest DD is having trouble at school - basically starting to get really bad grades (in 4th grade), but still sharp as a whip. Truthfully, I think she just doesn't have any use for formalized education - no motivation to do what they ask, and absolutely no care in the world for consequences. She knows what they are teaching, and has the vocabulary of a high schooler, but doesn't want to be directed in what she does. Would rather daydream than work at an assignment - and don't even get me started on homework!! Nothing we do or threaten to do really makes a difference. Frustrating..

I am also at a crossroads in my personal life. I am at an age where being a horse-crazy, yahoo, immortal seventeen year old is long past, but I still want to ride and train horses. I am looking at a horse to free lease that is a step above what I am used to as far as spirited. Question for me, is whether I am ready to suck it up and learn how to ride (courageously) or whether it is time to call it quits. I go back and forth on this one, but really think that if I choose to give up horses now (for practical reasons) I will completely loose the person that is Jane, and become only Mrs B and somebodies mom. Not sure I am ready to let go of me yet.. Actually in tears as I write this.. It is not that I don't love my kids and being a wife and Mom - I love it, more than anything - but I also want to have the part of me that defines me as an individual.

Hard to define - hope I didn't offend anyone, or put anyone to sleep.. Guess I need to get some more exercise.. the endorphins are running low..

Sorry for the whine..

Janie
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Janie, I just had a whole page written for you and the computer ate it. Maybe that was God's way of saying don't send that. I felt what I had typed was pretty good too. UGH!!!!!!!

In a nutshell I told you to keep it up with horses, you obviously love them and that has been apparant in your other posts. We all need outlets that let us be somebody besides mom, wife, daughter, employee.etc. If you find that in horses than by all means keep riding and if you want to, bump it up a notch.

I hope your job goes the way you want. Also praying your dh's job is secure. Job changes are hard, I quit my job last August to be a stay-at-home mom and I miss my job. In a lot of ways it defined who I was. I LOVED my job and not to sound braggish but I was good at it.

My dd is homeschooled through Virtual Academy for basically most of the same reasons you explained. She is in the 3rd grade, very smart and a scam artist when it comes to gettting out of her work.

Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Oh and Janie, I think I whine more than anybody on here, so please don't apologize for whining. :laugh: We love you!:heart: