Black Team week 16

Options

Replies

• musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    jeanie- thanks for the shout out :smile: i'm more of a brisk walker than a runner (so far)

janie- whine away, that's why we're here :flowerforyou:

yesterday i got off my butt and walked 2 miles in 1/2 hour, skipped the easter candy, and was promptly rewarded by the scale with a whole lb lost! :drinker:

have a great day everyone!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey Beth, isn't a great feeling when the scale rewards us, mine rewarded me too but don't want to post it, afraid I will jinx it! :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean, everytime i lose i'm afraid it's a fluke, so i hurry up and change my ticker just in case it goes back up :wink: i think it makes me work harder to keep it there
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Alright then I will change my ticker also! :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Alright then I will change my ticker also! :wink:

My scale rewarded me with 4.5 up-- since last Sunday-- 12 miles running this week, crazy faithful with calories except last night-- bought new weights and worked out--

So-- I'm going to assume my harder runs worked my muscles more and it's water weight-- well, duh, I know it is-- I'm still Michelin Man from hormones and sodium--

It'll come off-- maybe next week? We're not stoppin' til we get there, people!!!!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, Amanda.

I'm sure I will stay with horses - it is just too important to me.. Hard to fit in with every else, but still worth the effort.

I will adjust to whatever happens to me at work. It is just a matter of finding out what the decisions are and then adapting to them. I have done this a couple of times already, so I should be a pro. More worried about DH. He may go from working 35 hours a week to house-husband. This will be a difficult transition.

I thought about home schooling and I really think it may be the way to go. Unfortunately for us, I would be best at the teaching, but have the more stable job. Will have to see what happens. The school in town is really great at working with us, hopefully we can get a change in attitude soon.

For this challenge, I am giving up candy.. more specifically Lifesavers. I have a stash at work and at home that I just get into. They are individually wrapped, so my thinking was that if I had one once in a while it would curb by sweet tooth. Unfortunately that turned into popping one after another all afternoon. Bad, bad habit.. Will also stop nipping the kids Easter candy and other forms of candy, but I have been getting candy all last week, so will have to start from now.

We can do it folks.. back to the basics.

Janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 7. Even managed to do 2.2 miles in the 25 minutes. Yay me!!:laugh: :laugh: C5K says I should be doing 2.5 miles at this point :noway: just let me build up some endurance. :blushing:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Janie,:heart: Hope everything works out the way you need.

Beth , As soon as I see a change for the positive I move my ticker.

Amanda, I am so glad you are back.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Marla- Again with the AV. Love the babykins!if anyone wore jammies in this house, I would surely fight you at the racks for some $3 ones!!

Amanda-I love the doggies! YOur looking good too! lol

Shuntae-is that YOU in that Av? WOW your upper body is fantasitc!! good work!

Bobbi-love your Easter AV too!

Andrew-I hope you can get a sunny outside run in today. It helps the mind and the body.

Janiebeth-how ya doing woman??

nicky-hope you get the internet up and running. Glad your feeling better now that you are moldless

Sara-Hiya Honey Buns!!

ANNABANANANANAN!!Love to see you!! Slacked......if 40 pounds is slacking, I will be asking for how to directions please.

lori-you look so petite and pretty in your easter dress.

beth-Hello, you going running with Andy today?

laura- Hi my favorite 2nd daughter, how you feeling today? Hope all gets back to normal soon.

tresa-your like me NO TIME!! I wish I had a scry to answer for me!

roni-Hi Roni, how are you? That ticker is still moving in the right direction!

lynnie-Hey hot momma, looking good as usual!

Whew, I pray I didnt miss anyone! It looks like the gang is at least trying to get back together. At least we are all busy with work and family.............thats not a bad thing

:flowerforyou: :heart: Jeannie

edit: should have kept reading up!:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I want to do this and try to get close to my goal weight before we head up north to see in laws and all that fun stuff. I better get on it and off this damn P ward. I have 13 weeks til then and I have about 30 pounds to go. can I do it? I hope so I would love to not be the fat wife or the fat sister in law.
    If that's not motivation I don't know what is.

BTW.........you are ALREADY not the fat wife!!! You are looking great! Not only that, but when you do it right, your whole attitude changes and is shows in your face.

I see it in you pictures!!

Other than that, I know you can lose more weight!

Go Sam!!!:flowerforyou:

oh but I am the FAT wife. Given here I'm 71/2 months PG but still.
    DSC03897.jpg
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Oaky...one is the pink is wayyyyyyyyyyy to thin, and considering you are 7 1/2 months pregnant you make the other two look bad. Pffftttttt Seriously
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oaky...one is the pink is wayyyyyyyyyyy to thin,

And looks about 12--

Cut yourself some slack, young lady-- you're looking F-I-N-E!!!

I got the most-- uh-- interesting compliment from my husband this afternoon. We were walking around the grocery store, and he found me at one end of an aisle, while he was at the other--

He walks up and says, "Hon, I gotta tell you. From a distance, you look awesome." :huh:

I laughed and he realized how it sounded and he was quick to clarify that I don't look like a woman of 44 from wayyyyyy back there. And then further blessed me with the following-- "You can't see the wrinkles from back there." :huh: :huh:

Okay, now, just stop-- all these compliments are going to turn my head-- :noway:

Ya gotta love him-- right? Dope. :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

And looks about 12--

I got the most-- uh-- interesting compliment from my husband this afternoon. We were walking around the grocery store, and he found me at one end of an aisle, while he was at the other--

He walks up and says, "Hon, I gotta tell you. From a distance, you look awesome." :huh:

I laughed and he realized how it sounded and he was quick to clarify that I don't look like a woman of 44 from wayyyyyy back there. And then further blessed me with the following-- "You can't see the wrinkles from back there." :huh: :huh:

Okay, now, just stop-- all these compliments are going to turn my head-- :noway:

Sounds like somthing I would say. Too bad feet arent good for you because I am constantly sticking mine in my mouth.

Well folks, My legs feel like jello. I fear I may never walk again. I went for my run this morning just to see how far I could get. I went 2 miles then broke into 60 second walk/run intervals for another two miles. I get back home and the youngest wakes up for his nap and since we havnt gotten them outside today Beth and I take them.....for a walk! so 3 more miles at a brisk 4.5 with the 35 lb toddler in the carraige. We did some running intervals in the last mile or so, then when we pull into the driveway aiden says "can we play outside!?" Being a whole new daddy and all I say "Sure" so now it's 20 mins of soccer with the 5 year old......oh dear god my poor legs. lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Needless to say there will BE NO GYM tonight. I am totally gonna kick up those wiggly things I used to call legs and whine to beth like a baybah.

Anyway enjoy your non-sore working legs people.
    :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options

And looks about 12--

Sounds like somthing I would say. Too bad feet arent good for you because I am constantly sticking mine in my mouth.

I knew I liked you for a reason-- :laugh: Beth, you and I are some lucky women-- we got us some smooooth talkers. :wink:

SOOO glad to hear of your day, young man-- God bless your sore leggies--

Don't know how I quite managed this-- but, I'm in a quiet house right now. Eldest son is visiting his friend down in Virginia Tech this weekend. 5 of my kids are at the driving range with Daddy, 15 year old daughter is walking Caleb (see his new picture-- he's a DOLL) and 14 year old is downstairs reading/watching television having declared he no longer wants to golf since he discovered this winter the popularity that being somewhat deft at basketball earns him. Now he's a star-- idiot. :noway:

Anyway-- I just had my kitchen to myself-- made some Mac salad for dinner, and have to make potato salad tonight for birthday dinner for said 14 year old (who really turns 14 tomorrow-- )

MUST be faithful-- I make some MEAN potato salad, and it's truly hard to resist.

We had a great day-- good news/bad news-- no typing work for them to send me, except for a small amount that's not due till Monday. That's death to us financially-- but we had a lovely morning on the deck with coffee, I got to push the 3 youngest kids on the swingset-- can't remember the last time I did that. I'm usually watching my kids push each other out my window while I type.

So, we'll need a loaves and fishes miracles again to pay bills-- but, are thankful for the relaxation this day. I'll be glad one day to say life doesn't suck. You Know?

But-- no more bittchin'-- I'll let you know how the 5k goes tomorrow !!! Kids are all excited....except 14 year old who is (comically) disgruntled that tomorrow isn't being anticipated for "Aaron's birthday," but, "Mommy's 5k-- " I tell him some guys got it, some guys don't-- whaddyagonnado?:glasses:

Have a great evening-- :smooched:
  • jimswmn
    Options

And looks about 12--

Well folks, My legs feel like jello. I fear I may never walk again. I went for my run this morning just to see how far I could get. I went 2 miles then broke into 60 second walk/run intervals for another two miles. I get back home and the youngest wakes up for his nap and since we havnt gotten them outside today Beth and I take them.....for a walk! so 3 more miles at a brisk 4.5 with the 35 lb toddler in the carraige. We did some running intervals in the last mile or so, then when we pull into the driveway aiden says "can we play outside!?" Being a whole new daddy and all I say "Sure" so now it's 20 mins of soccer with the 5 year old......oh dear god my poor legs. lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Needless to say there will BE NO GYM tonight. I am totally gonna kick up those wiggly things I used to call legs and whine to beth like a baybah.

I am not among those non sore working legged people...yeeeooowwww. It was the lengthening of my stride. Readjusting my push off, the part of my shins to the outside(muscle).Came home grabbed my cup of ice...yep dixie cups of frozen water waiting for me, enjoyed the weather on my swing and iced down the leggies.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

And looks about 12--

I am not among those non sore working legged people...yeeeooowwww. It was the lengthening of my stride. Readjusting my push off, the part of my shins to the outside(muscle).Came home grabbed my cup of ice...yep dixie cups of frozen water waiting for me, enjoyed the weather on my swing and iced down the leggies.

That sounds like some smart running there. All that thought about strides and such. I think my legs are killing me for two reasons:

#1: I am a thoughtless runner: my brain can barely formulate the command "put next foot forward" nevermind anything else.
    #2: I am incapable of pacing myself: I always run like I am being chased by a rabid grizzly.

So glad we have some many runners around. it's good to hear what everyone else is doing.
    I have ALOT to learn.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

And looks about 12--

I knew I liked you for a reason-- :laugh: Beth, you and I are some lucky women-- we got us some smooooth talkers. :wink:

Don't know how I quite managed this-- but, I'm in a quiet house right now. Eldest son is visiting his friend down in Virginia Tech this weekend. 5 of my kids are at the driving range with Daddy, 15 year old daughter is walking Caleb (see his new picture-- he's a DOLL) and 14 year old is downstairs reading/watching television having declared he no longer wants to golf since he discovered this winter the popularity that being somewhat deft at basketball earns him. Now he's a star-- idiot. :noway:

Anyway-- I just had my kitchen to myself-- made some Mac salad for dinner, and have to make potato salad tonight for birthday dinner for said 14 year old (who really turns 14 tomorrow-- )

MUST be faithful-- I make some MEAN potato salad, and it's truly hard to resist.

We had a great day-- good news/bad news-- no typing work for them to send me, except for a small amount that's not due till Monday. That's death to us financially-- but we had a lovely morning on the deck with coffee, I got to push the 3 youngest kids on the swingset-- can't remember the last time I did that. I'm usually watching my kids push each other out my window while I type.

So, we'll need a loaves and fishes miracles again to pay bills-- but, are thankful for the relaxation this day. I'll be glad one day to say life doesn't suck. You Know?

But-- no more bittchin'-- I'll let you know how the 5k goes tomorrow !!! Kids are all excited....except 14 year old who is (comically) disgruntled that tomorrow isn't being anticipated for "Aaron's birthday," but, "Mommy's 5k-- " I tell him some guys got it, some guys don't-- whaddyagonnado?:glasses:

Marla-Have I told you how friggin excited I am about your 5k?!!!
    I swear if it wasnt such a drive Beth and I would be waiting for you at the finish line with a can of peanuts.

Beth did some running intervals with me today and she did so well! she makes me so proud. I was excited because I thought the experience might help her understand why my legs are mutating into the muscle glad monster limbs lol. Good luck tommorow and have fun!!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

And looks about 12--

That sounds like some smart running there. All that thought about strides and such. I think my legs are killing me for two reasons:

#1: I am a thoughtless runner: my brain can barely formulate the command "put next foot forward" nevermind anything else.
    #2: I am incapable of pacing myself: I always run like I am being chased by a rabid grizzly.

So glad we have some many runners around. it's good to hear what everyone else is doing.
    I have ALOT to learn.

This is comforting to read-- I was beginning to worry since my legs don't hurt. Hubby started out with me a couple years ago when I first started running and worked on my form-- maybe it's not so bad, I don't have any pain. How cool is that--
  • Marla64
    Options

And looks about 12--

Marla-Have I told you how friggin excited I am about your 5k?!!!
    I swear if it wasnt such a drive Beth and I would be waiting for you at the finish line with a can of peanuts.

Beth did some running intervals with me today and she did so well! she makes me so proud. I was excited because I thought the experience might help her understand why my legs are mutating into the muscle glad monster limbs lol. Good luck tommorow and have fun!!!!!!!!

You two are just adorable-- I could eat you both up. Wouldn't it be grand to cheer each other on in person??????

Tomorrow should be fun. DH is running, too, and taking the dog. Not sure how that's gonna fly with the sponsors....but, we'll see? There's also an obstacle course for kids, so much of the junior crew is going, too-- I'll get weepy if I think about it too much-- :sad: :wink:

Thanks for sharing in this with me-- all of you-- means a lot. :smooched:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    RUN MARLA RUN! :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everybody was enjoying the nice weather. I'm joining the sore-leg group too! :laugh: Yesterday I took Harley for an hour and a half walk in the stroller. (Got a nice little HRM-shaped sun burn on my arm :grumble: )

Dave and I went to D1ck's and bought a HRM for Dave. It's his early anniversary present. He got a HRM before but it didn't seem accurate. We also have a chest strap that came with our elliptical but it doesn't seem accurate either. So he got a Polar F6 like mine -- except not pink :laugh:

This afternoon, Dave and I took Harley and the dogs to the park. The dogs played in the dog park for a while. Then we walked on some "nature trails" (where you could see the buildings right behind them :huh: ). We walked down the street to an ice cream place. I got a big chocolate cone and went over my calories because of it but I enjoyed it so I'm not too upset about being over. We went back to the park and took some pictures of us with Harley swinging at the playground. Then we left.

Tonight we made fish on the grill. The first grilling of the season - yum! I've just started liking fish in the past couple years and Dave just this year. I had tilapia and he had salmon steaks. They were really good.