Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Black Team week 16

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Dave is going to give up ice cream treats. We have weight watchers ice cream cups and ice cream bars. The are under 200 calories each but he has one most nights and he is going to try to go a week without.

I had my lunch early. (I was hungry. :blushing: ) Around 1pm I wanted a snack. I almost reached for a couple granola bars. Instead I had some cashews (still working on the protein) and some grapes. This is a good challenge. It makes you stop and think instead of just mindlessly eating.

Oh, off topic, if you go to Chick-fil-A today you can take today's receipt in between May 1-31 and get the same exact thing for free. So Dave and I are going to go for supper tonight. I really like their chargrilled chicken sandwich and it's under 300 calories.

Laters!
  • loreeb18
    GUESS WHAT IS BACK IN MY DRIVEWAY AFTER 15 DAYS!!!!!! My car - I picked it up from the body shop 15 mintues ago and it looks awesome.

Yea!
    A person could never tell there deer blood and hair all over it.

Eww!
    Also while I was in town two people who saw me said you have lost a ton of weight and look great, what is your secret! I smiled and told them exercise, watching what I put in my mouth and MFP!!!!!

Yea!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Loree, as you know I have been MIA lately but wanted to tell you several times you new pic looks great. You look so skinny!!!!! :smile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Okay, I don't have a specific food. Mine is carbs. But that's kinda hard to give up. So I have to think a little more of what specifically I need to resist.

Loree...I told Sam I am a carbo loader. And I specifically said bread. Oh dear, what a big mouth I have today:sad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and now I know what yours is!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Loree, as you know I have been MIA lately but wanted to tell you several times you new pic looks great. You look so skinny!!!!! :smile:

Thanks!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    GUESS WHAT IS BACK IN MY DRIVEWAY AFTER 15 DAYS!!!!!! My car - I picked it up from the body shop 15 mintues ago and it looks awesome. A person could never tell there deer blood and hair all over it. One car would have been okay if we wouldn't have dd therapy appointments, but that was hard. I am so jazzed. Also while I was in town two people who saw me said you have lost a ton of weight and look great, what is your secret! I smiled and told them exercise, watching what I put in my mouth and MFP!!!!!

I feel so lost. What happened to your car!
  • AmandaJ
    Nicky, I posted it about two weeks back, a deer jumped in front of my mini-van while I was traveling 55 mph down the highway. I didn't even brake until I collided with the stupid thing, it leapt in front of my car. I was originally was quoted $3900 worth of damge, but today in I was picking it up it total about $4800, thank god for insurance. I was not hurt badly, just whiplash and I am getting well.

My new nickname around here is Deerslayer and my family says some people will do anything to get a car detail and a massage. My doctor recommended massage therapy to feel better.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    GUESS WHAT IS BACK IN MY DRIVEWAY AFTER 15 DAYS!!!!!! My car - I picked it up from the body shop 15 mintues ago and it looks awesome.

Yea!

Eww!
    Also while I was in town two people who saw me said you have lost a ton of weight and look great, what is your secret! I smiled and told them exercise, watching what I put in my mouth and MFP!!!!!

Yea!

Amanda...Glad you have it back.

Loree...If you keep reading my mind, I'm gonna have to charge you.:wink:
  • AmandaJ
    You should charge her and I am sure that your thoughts are worth alot. Whoever said a penny for your thoughts didn't know how smart we are or that is an old saying and nowdays there is inflation! :laugh:
  • loreeb18

Yea!

Eww!

Yea!

Here you go
    twocents.jpg
  • AmandaJ
    Loree, in today's ecomony it is so good to see you pay your bills on time! :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    hello quiet team--

Sam-- only thing that I MUST have every day is my coffee, that I'm not giving up. I need it for a diuretic-- remember me? SpongeMarla-- my body goes flooey without it, not to mention the caffeine withdrawal--
    Beyond that, I have nothing right now that is my personal vice. I stopped buying peanuts which were my death over the holidays, and right now am being super strong on my no sweets challenge-- I came THISCLOSE to popping a malted milk egg in my mouth today before I caught myself and put it back down-- I saw it, wanted it, reached for it, almost ate it-- whew-- close call.

Right now I'm really motivated, so I'll just keep on keeping on-- I'm still being really good on the mindless nibbling and grazing off my kids plates, too-- Josh left yummy, greasy sausage and egg scraps on his plate this morning-- ouch-- and I picked up the plate, sniffed it, coveted it, salivated over it and scraped it in the trash.

Yay me-- things have been going very well since my challenge to myself and all of you to take captive every morsel-- I'm so pleased.

Must get to work-- blessings to all my teammates-- :heart: :heart: :smooched: :smooched: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    Dave is over at his friend's house playing poker and Harley is in bed. I already ate a huge bowl of strawberries (yum!). I wad paying bills and since becoming a stay-at-home-mom, finances often stress me out. So I went upstairs and wandered into the kitchen. I opened the cupboard where all the bars are. I looked at the granola bars then the Nature Valley bars. After a few seconds, I looked at the bag of Hershey's kisses thinking "That's not really cheating if I eat them." Then I shut the door and came back downstairs empty-handed. I resisted! One day down, 6 to go.
  • Marla64
    Dave is over at his friend's house playing poker and Harley is in bed. I already ate a huge bowl of strawberries (yum!). I wad paying bills and since becoming a stay-at-home-mom, finances often stress me out. So I went upstairs and wandered into the kitchen. I opened the cupboard where all the bars are. I looked at the granola bars then the Nature Valley bars. After a few seconds, I looked at the bag of Hershey's kisses thinking "That's not really cheating if I eat them." Then I shut the door and came back downstairs empty-handed. I resisted! One day down, 6 to go.

Way to be strong, Loree-- wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Well Sam, I have decided honesty is the best policy and I have already failed at this challenge. Great huh, not even 24 hours. Tomorrow is a different day and I still proud of today.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Well Sam, I have decided honesty is the best policy and I have already failed at this challenge. Great huh, not even 24 hours. Tomorrow is a different day and I still proud of today.

Put the soda in the garage then you won't have to look at it!!!!
  • loreeb18

Put the soda in the garage then you won't have to look at it!!!!

Put your teeth in the Coke. Then you won't have them to look at either! :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Good morning black team, the sun is shining here, beautiful day. It is a therapy day, doctor day, chiropractor day and a blood draw day all for little Miss E. I am so hoping to get a nice long walk in!

I hope you all have wonderful Thursdays!!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member

Yea!

Eww!

Yea!

Here you go
    twocents.jpg

Hey the read is worth more than that...I'm a classic!!:laugh: :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Good morning black team, the sun is shining here, beautiful day. It is a therapy day, doctor day, chiropractor day and a blood draw day all for little Miss E. I am so hoping to get a nice long walk in!

I hope you all have wonderful Thursdays!!!!

Good morning, Amanda-- no Coke, young lady!!

Hi Loree, Bobbi, Janie, Sara, Jeannie, Shuntae, Lynnie, Andrew, Beth, Nicki, Laura, Sam-- senior moment here-- anyone/everyone else-- :smooched: hope you're all having a good day--
This discussion has been closed.