Black Team week 16

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Okay, here I am. I'm mad at my body & myself & hence the hiding lately. There's been junk going on here, my body is revolting b/c of the stress, and I just didn't want to come in here & b!tch about it & bring the group down.

Okay, I'm done. :bigsmile:

I'm going to be taking my ticker down today b/c I simply don't care any more. I'm at a "happy" place with my weight loss & i need to focus on my muscle tone now. The ticker just pisses me off. LOL

B!tch away! That's what we're here for.
    The lady whose son I used to watch used to say, "You may b!tch and moan. Just do not whine." :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Lori - You can have my last name...ALL of them! Take 'em! :laugh:

"Beans" isn't a long last name. :huh: :bigsmile:

:laugh: I only wish it were that short. How much $ is it to change a name legally?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori - You can have my last name...ALL of them! Take 'em! :laugh:

"Beans" isn't a long last name. :huh: :bigsmile:

:laugh: I only wish it were that short. How much $ is it to change a name legally?

Your name's not so long-- I know what it is-- could be worse.

I grew up Marla Sherrard and everybody, my teachers-- EVERYBODY would call me Maria Sheppard-- to this day nobody pronounces my maiden name right-- but since I've grown to rather detest it, I don't much mind anymore.

My married name is so much easier-- Brown. Boom. Short and sweet. (plus I vaulted to the front of the alphabet-- I always hated being an S!)

(but it's cute-- my hub used to spell it for people-- "That's Brown, B-R-O-W-N." I'd go, "Hon, I think they know how to spell Brown-- :laugh: )
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LOL We go to church with the Braun family...pronounced Brown. LOL My maiden name is just as long & German as my married name & I like to put them together for fun. :laugh: I need Price Is Right sized checks.
  • Marla64
    Options
    LOL We go to church with the Braun family...pronounced Brown. LOL My maiden name is just as long & German as my married name & I like to put them together for fun. :laugh: I need Price Is Right sized checks.

Well, see-- there ya go-- guess he's right again-- :grumble: Guess he maybe should spell it-- Thanks, Sara.:angry:

Mannnnn-- this was me today after my typing--
    putertired.gif Actually-- I returned an assignment. I don't know who's more clueless, my company or the clients that send in stuff to be transcribed. Today's was some college interviewing some foreign speaking woman over a speaker phone and recording it on an a tape recorder. They then send the tape in where my company digitizes it, turns it into a sound file and have me try and transcribe it. Sound was grainy and crappy, and the blinkin' subject's accent was so heavy I couldn't understand what the he-double hockeysticks she was saying.

I worked for an hour, made a whopping $8 and sent it back incomplete-- no way am I going to agonize over this crap. Get some decent audio, and I'll type-- idiots.

I've been so flippin' hungry past two days. I'm already into my exercise cals for the day, and haven't exercised yet. Hubs and I went for Chinese for lunch, so dinner tonight is nilsville, baby. But, I'm not sweatin' it.

My lovely 1/2 cup of sodium-crap tuna helper has turned me into Michelin Man, again-- boy, is that detestable. Still, I know it's short-term, so I'll survive it.

I had SUCH a good H-I-L-L-Y run last night-- 'bout died, but it was awesome-- so beautiful out. If I run after dark, I keep it to the one mile loop in my neighborhood. But last night, it was a little after 7pm when I went out, so I ventured out and about-- it was awesome. Still can't believe I'm a runner. (catch me if you can, Batman-- swear1.gif)

So now what to do-- housecleaning and laundry-- 121.gif or a nap? Decisions, decisions-- fingersmiley.gif

Later, cats! Go Team!! 19.gif
  • loreeb18
    Options

My maiden name was Black. I would say it and people would ask how to spell it. I'd say "Like the color." Usually they'd go, "Oh. Well, that's easy." But every once in a while I'd get a blank look or a "How do you spell that?" :noway:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Wow, Marla is all about the smileys today! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

My maiden name was Black. I would say it and people would ask how to spell it. I'd say "Like the color." Usually they'd go, "Oh. Well, that's easy." But every once in a while I'd get a blank look or a "How do you spell that?" :noway:

"S-T-U-P-I-D...There!" :laugh: some people amaze me.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Wow, Marla is all about the smileys today! :laugh:

Got the afternoon off since my typing assignment was so cruddy-- feeling a bit punchy--

Pssst-- Sara?
    157fs68023.gif

Mwahhh!!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

lol...my maiden name was Warn....i ALWAYS spelled it cause i got warm, warren, wong, no one EVER got it the first time :laugh:

oh yeah, and i always have to spell bethany, too. everyone always hears stephanie :grumble:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

lol...my maiden name was Warn....i ALWAYS spelled it cause i got warm, warren, wong, no one EVER got it the first time :laugh:

oh yeah, and i always have to spell bethany, too. everyone always hears stephanie :grumble:

Beth don't feel bad. I have to correct people on my name on the phone they call me amanda. I also have been asked how to spell my last name and I kind of look at people like seriously you need me to spell LONG for you?!?!

I have decided that if I ever become famous and have to stay at a hotel I am using Elowengee as my name. It is kind of italian but it's my last name spelled out! Haha

My maiden name is german and I always had to spell it out but when I married hubs I thought that was over but I get it more now then before. Some people have no common sense.:noway:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Andrew - You better watch out, buddy! Marla has some teenage sons that might give you the go-around if you mess with mama!

Funny you said that sara, I eventually opted not to drive down to jersey and get her because I kept getting this image of her letting out a big whistle and me getting swarmed by her brood.

lol

:bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Beth don't feel bad. I have to correct people on my name on the phone they call me amanda. I also have been asked how to spell my last name and I kind of look at people like seriously you need me to spell LONG for you?!?!

I have decided that if I ever become famous and have to stay at a hotel I am using Elowengee as my name. It is kind of italian but it's my last name spelled out! Haha

My maiden name is german and I always had to spell it out but when I married hubs I thought that was over but I get it more now then before. Some people have no common sense.:noway:

Beth has it a bit easier now that she married me because nobody seems to have a problem with the last name Jackson. However going through life as Andrew Jackson (while very presedential) is somewhat annoying. My mother always loved the name Michael but my father talked her out of it. THANK GOD.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Marla, forget the laundry and housekeeping - take a nap!!!!!! :smile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla, forget the laundry and housekeeping - take a nap!!!!!! :smile:

I tried-- Caleb woke from his 5 minutes later, so I just cuddled with him--

This child is a human teddy bear-- seriously. He just lays in your arms forever-- :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Andrew - You better watch out, buddy! Marla has some teenage sons that might give you the go-around if you mess with mama!

Funny you said that sara, I eventually opted not to drive down to jersey and get her because I kept getting this image of her letting out a big whistle and me getting swarmed by her brood.

lol

:bigsmile:

Bawk bawk-- I smell chicken. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

Beth has it a bit easier now that she married me because nobody seems to have a problem with the last name Jackson. However going through life as Andrew Jackson (while very presedential) is somewhat annoying. My mother always loved the name Michael but my father talked her out of it. THANK GOD.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seriously-- talk about ruining a good name.

Although, I bet you'd do a mean moonwalk, too.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    While I :heart: the Black Team, it appears we have the most common boring last names ever. My married name is Howard. Yes people still ask how do you spell that...SERIOUSLY?!?:grumble: :noway: My maiden name I could understand but Howard..come on now.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    While I :heart: the Black Team, it appears we have the most common boring last names ever. My married name is Howard. Yes people still ask how do you spell that...SERIOUSLY?!?:grumble: :noway: My maiden name I could understand but Howard..come on now.

My name is not common, that's why I'm not publishing it to the world. LOL My maiden name is a *little* more common, but my married name. Yowzer. :noway: Spank my butt & call me German. :laugh:

Hi, Bobbi!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

My name is not common, that's why I'm not publishing it to the world. LOL My maiden name is a *little* more common, but my married name. Yowzer. :noway: Spank my butt & call me German. :laugh:

Hi, Bobbi!

Hi Sara!!